Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 182118 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #315 on: May 6, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Rob, I'll take the skirt if you can get it of with minimal damage. Or, we can just swap figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 7, 2009, 01:44 AM »
Just because I haven't seen it mentioned, I swapped the lower legs of Cpt Needa with Jundland Luke. Color is so very slightly lighter on the legs, but I think they look cool. Still love to see the Tank legs on further versions though...and I personally wish the uniform was the the grey color of Jerjerrod and Veers, which seems more sreen acurate, though really hard to tell with Imp uniform.
Also Leia-best headsculpt so far and not pin headed. Absolutely perfect. Got a spare on Mac Starkiller 8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 7, 2009, 02:22 AM »
Rob, I'll take the skirt if you can get it of with minimal damage. Or, we can just swap figures.

I'm not sure if I'm not being clear or what, but I'm saying that if it's something that's easy to do at home I don't have any reason to bother obtaining one, at all.  It's not a variation I need to bother with.  So, I won't buy two and there won't be an extra skirt.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #318 on: May 7, 2009, 02:46 AM »
Anthony,

The skirt's probably just a glued piece of white fabric.  Most "softgoods" skirts are just that.  Some are sewn, but I'm wagering this one isn't.  It'd be easy to pop into the fabric store and get a piece of white knit (a yard would skirt up an army) if you wanted.  It'd be real easy to fix that if you've got skirtless guys needing fixin'.

I'm probably going to custom a couple as they seem to have different cuts in the movie, actually.  It'll add a little variety I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 7, 2009, 02:53 AM »
Scored a no-skirt Hoth rebel today.  For once I'm actually going to keep a figure carded.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 7, 2009, 10:34 AM »
I got a couple of Hoth Rebel Soldiers in a HTS order yesterday, and they were both "skirted" - in case anyone was thinking of ordering some from there.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 7, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Anthony,

The skirt's probably just a glued piece of white fabric.  Most "softgoods" skirts are just that.  Some are sewn, but I'm wagering this one isn't.  It'd be easy to pop into the fabric store and get a piece of white knit (a yard would skirt up an army) if you wanted.  It'd be real easy to fix that if you've got skirtless guys needing fixin'.

I'm probably going to custom a couple as they seem to have different cuts in the movie, actually.  It'll add a little variety I think.

I've been thinking of doing that in order to make longer skirts.  I'm fairly sure the coats hung much lower (*snicker*) than these, and should appear thicker in material too.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2009, 05:30 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Saw the entire wave of these at my closest Wal-Mart.  If Legacy is selling poorly this Wal-Mart did not get the memo.  They ordered a bunch of cases and stuffed them full.  We'll see how slowly or quickly they go.  They ordered about the same for the Clone Wars. 

Once again my son went for the Clone Wars and I went for the Legacy :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2009, 10:14 PM »
My Wally just got five cases of... wave 5.  Imagine my excitement at the overflowing pegs, and then realizing not a single one was from wave 6.  Sigh.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 16, 2009, 10:33 AM »
Same thing happened up here Spuffy.  :'(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2009, 11:06 AM »
I'm going out of town to hunt today.  I guess I should have just swallowed the $60 pill from HTS.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2009, 01:17 PM »
My Wally just got five cases of... wave 5.  Imagine my excitement at the overflowing pegs, and then realizing not a single one was from wave 6.  Sigh.

Same deal at my local WalMart, too.  I think that's what you can expect when you don't have an "A" level store in your area.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 16, 2009, 01:23 PM »
While we've got our spottings of Wave 6 (I've got all (unopened) but the Hoth Trooper and I'm waiting for the skirt version), I'm now waiting on the correct U-3PO variant to buy and return the others. I don't know how long that will take to clear through the Wave 5 and first Wave 6 cases before I can get them.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2009, 02:42 PM »
While we've got our spottings of Wave 6 (I've got all (unopened) but the Hoth Trooper and I'm waiting for the skirt version), I'm now waiting on the correct U-3PO variant to buy and return the others. I don't know how long that will take to clear through the Wave 5 and first Wave 6 cases before I can get them.

I may be reading this wrong, Vlad, but is there a variant of U-3P0, or are you referring to the skirt/no skirt Hoth Rebel Soldier there?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2009, 02:56 PM »
It seems that there are two different metallic "tints" to U-3PO - one that is "silver" and one that has a "champange" like coloring.

There are pictures here: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3737092&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&vc=1

But I have both versions of U-3PO and can confirm that there is a visible difference between the two versions.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!