Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181350 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Went out of town today to Cedar Rapids, much bigger than my village in Iowa and discovered the same exact thing - cases upon cases 6 easy of wave 5.  Good grief.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2009, 12:07 AM »
Went out of town today to Cedar Rapids, much bigger than my village in Iowa and discovered the same exact thing - cases upon cases 6 easy of wave 5.  Good grief.

I've never found CR to be any better than the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area in my time there.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #332 on: May 17, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Waterloo (where I am) is actuallyvery good and consistent in terms of finding things, but this recent deluge of wave 5 is unusual and will make it difficult to locate wave 6 unless these sell down super fast before the fall reset - doubt it.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 17, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Just a heads up the Leia head is swappable with the VOTC Leia, so now we have a perfect ANH Leia.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #334 on: May 17, 2009, 07:16 PM »
Waterloo (where I am) is actuallyvery good and consistent in terms of finding things, but this recent deluge of wave 5 is unusual and will make it difficult to locate wave 6 unless these sell down super fast before the fall reset - doubt it.

Great. I suppose now we're stuck relying on Target and TRU. I haven't hit the CF WM yet, but I'm pretty sure that it'll be the same thing there. That store is starting to stock things again since the biggest part of their remodel is done with.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Target's as bad as WM here...  Pegs stocked full of CW figures that aren't selling, Legends that aren't selling, and Legacy that was selling before they picked up that wave (after WM had had it on the pegs for months prior).  Not much hope around Pittsburgh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2009, 12:14 AM »
CW sells here, as long as it's Jar Jar or Kit Fisto. I just found Jar Jar on Friday, and Kit was long gone. But I will admit, all Target wants to sell is CW or Legends. It sucks, but it's what works for them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2009, 02:53 AM »
Well, it sells here too...  :)  Till it doesn't anymore.  Now they're at that point where it's not...  Kit sells though, but that's probably only because one case of his wave got out because the rest of the CW figures on the pegs were OOOOLLLLLDDDDDD...  Like SBD's, Destroyer Droids, Dookus, white Clones... 

There's a pretty even mix of the 3 lines on our Target pegs, but unfortunately none of what's there is going anywhere fast it seems.  All 3 lines seem to have stagnated everywhere I go, to a pretty good extent actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13 AM »
My Wally just got five cases of... wave 5.  Imagine my excitement at the overflowing pegs, and then realizing not a single one was from wave 6.  Sigh.

That's a lot of what we have at our local WM as well.  I'll admit I don't hit that store nearly as often to check for SW, but I'm starting to get concerned those pegs might be full for awhile.  They have "falling off the pegs" stock on the pegs, but it is almost all Yarna, Breha Organa, Legends Tiin, the Wave 5 Cantina Aliens, and a mix of other CW Animated and Legends figures.  I've only seen one Wave 6 figure locally at all, a Needa at Target.  I'm glad I ended up order them online, and I went ahead and did the same with the AOTC wave to avoid any possible pegwarming/"end of line" problems.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I think some of us were telling Jesse about our immigration policy for Yarna, Breha and some others that warm pegs. Buy up a lot of them and return them to some unfavorable store (say Wloo and CF WM and return them to Indy). That'll free up your pegs and you'll get new cases sooner than you expect.

It's a lot of work on your part, but it gets things moving.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2009, 11:29 AM »
I finally got a skirted Hoth Rebel Soldier. Two in fact. Nicer figure than I thought it would be, but that's because of the skirt I think, it just looks better. With them, I got both color variations of the arm. I gotta tell you, I think I'm going to have to put together an off color one.

The U-3PO is awesome BTW.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2009, 05:25 PM »
I haven't seen this wave yet (Albany, NY) just wondering if anyone else from the Northeast is experiencing the same thing?  I haven't really been hunting everyday, but if it was out here I'd expect to at least see remnants from time to time, but nothing....
I am not the Stig

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2009, 06:04 PM »
I haven't seen this wave yet (Albany, NY) just wondering if anyone else from the Northeast is experiencing the same thing?  I haven't really been hunting everyday, but if it was out here I'd expect to at least see remnants from time to time, but nothing....

Yeah, ditto.  I found some remnants once - an ugnaught and a luke.  I think Leia too.  Left 'em there.  

This is standard when a wave comes out for me, then a month later I walk into Target and Walmart and can buy like 15 of every figure, even the "hot" one or army builder.  This has happened with every single wave in the past 4 years.

So, I wait.  Eventually hoarders and scalpers move on to the next hot thing and I clean up when the wave is put out en masse over the next couple months. 

Wave 5 just hit with a vengeance here 2 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 06:05 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2009, 06:16 PM »
I've seen nothing of this wave, which pisses me off somewhat due to the Rebel Soldier, and to the best of my knowledge nobody in our group has seen anything of this wave or remnants of it around Pittsburgh.  The Northeast in general gets pretty screwed on distribution often times, but this time around it seems excessive...  Other areas of the country seem to find this wave readily available, even multiples of army builders.  This one...  I dunno.  It's been out a while and there's just not a sign of them here.

We're deluged with Wave 5 and repacks from all the way back to Wave 1.

And of course Yarna who still has "1st day of issue" figures on pegs at many WM stores.  ::)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2009, 07:43 PM »
I haven't seen this wave yet (Albany, NY) just wondering if anyone else from the Northeast is experiencing the same thing?  I haven't really been hunting everyday, but if it was out here I'd expect to at least see remnants from time to time, but nothing....

Yeah, ditto.  I found some remnants once - an ugnaught and a luke.  I think Leia too.  Left 'em there.  

This is standard when a wave comes out for me, then a month later I walk into Target and Walmart and can buy like 15 of every figure, even the "hot" one or army builder.  This has happened with every single wave in the past 4 years.

So, I wait.  Eventually hoarders and scalpers move on to the next hot thing and I clean up when the wave is put out en masse over the next couple months. 

Wave 5 just hit with a vengeance here 2 weeks ago.

This.

When I'm at school I have a local Wal-Mart that is usually untouched, so the last couple of waves I've found en masse right when everyone else starts to find them. Back home in Austin, all of my stores are just like Dressel described; nothing but remnants for a month or two, then suddenly a gazillion cases of the wave are put out. Like Dressel said, stores have just started putting Wave 5 out and I found it right before Spring Break.

I used to be really anxious and pick up any remnant of a new wave I saw but now I'm patient. If I find a new wave early and there a lot of figs to choose from I'll snag a few but otherwise I usually wait.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks