Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181373 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Things are really different for me. It feels more like the first saga line where stores simply aren't getting waves at all. Like I said, out of ten stores in my immediate area, only one has gotten this wave in. That's unusual.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2009, 11:00 AM »
I've seen nothing of this wave, which pisses me off somewhat due to the Rebel Soldier, and to the best of my knowledge nobody in our group has seen anything of this wave or remnants of it around Pittsburgh.  The Northeast in general gets pretty screwed on distribution often times, but this time around it seems excessive...  Other areas of the country seem to find this wave readily available, even multiples of army builders.  This one...  I dunno.  It's been out a while and there's just not a sign of them here.

We're deluged with Wave 5 and repacks from all the way back to Wave 1.

And of course Yarna who still has "1st day of issue" figures on pegs at many WM stores.  ::)

I haven't found this wave in Pittsburgh either Jesse. I bought mine from HTS, though they were out of the Hoth Rebel Soldier of course :(

I only got the face folds Ugnaught and still need the tooth face Ugnaught. I was hoping to buy a squad or so of the Rebel Soldier. He's going to be a hot commodity everywhere it seems. I don't care about skirt/no skirt. However, I do want a mixture of the variant headsculpts.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Even if wave 6 isn't falling off the pegs everywhere 2 months from now, the Hoth Rebel will be in wave revisions for the rest of the year.

We're all going to find however many we want.  The figure was produced in normal numbers, it'll show up eventually.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:17 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2009, 03:16 PM »
I agree, but it's frustrating waiting while the rest of the world rejoices.  It's not particularly good when, if reviews start up again, I can't find much new when it's actually new, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2009, 06:48 PM »
I've only seen one Ugnaught so far, so this isn't isolated.  But I'm not going to worry, aside from Darths Malek and Revan, I've found every carded figure on a peg since swimming Jar-Jar.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2009, 01:05 AM »
I actually never saw a number of 99 figures...  Motti, Swim Jar Jar, Ascension Amidala...  I had a few things I never saw, so I have some fears.  I've had better luck since 2005+ though, so this wave's a tad frustrating.  I really think it's the Reb that's driving me the most nutty here though.  I wanted this thing for so long and now I can't get one.  Good lord. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Thankfully MN is pretty good about getting all waves in some abundance sooner rather than later. Other than TAC wave 5 most everything going all the way back to swimming Jar Jar has been relatively easy (I may be forgetting something else that was tough).

But with all that being said, it still sucks to hear about other people finding stuff and you just have to listen and wait. Even if you know it will show up months later, you want it now. I can defineately understand where Jesse James is coming from.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2009, 02:42 AM »
I've found every carded figure on a peg since swimming Jar-Jar.

I used to say the same thing (with Swimming Jar Jar as the reference point) until this year I never saw an FX-6 at retail.  I guess it's not technically too late yet, but it was still weird.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2009, 05:22 PM »
I found this wave this morning, and am kind of unimpressed.  The Ughnaught looks terrible and Needa is boring.  The new face sculpt on the Emperor is kind of cool, but he seems like a pretty unnecessary figure.

I like the Luke arm,although the head looks like an old man.

I take that back.  Now that I've had time to look at it up close and out of the package, it's actually an excellent sculpt.  By far the closest resemblance to Mark Hamill we've gotten.  I wish this head fit a little bit better on the Sandstorm Luke; that would have been an excellent DS2 Luke.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:45 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 1, 2009, 08:01 AM »
I've heard numerous people say they don't like the Needa. Why? If you just don't like another Imperial officer then fine. But what should they have done to make it less boring? I love getting more officers. Anyway just curious, if you want to answer.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 1, 2009, 09:56 AM »
They should have given him a jet pack and a second face underneath his hat.

Nah, I guess I'm just burned out on officers.  He looks fine, but most places I go still actuallly have Jerjerrod clogging pegs....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 1, 2009, 10:20 AM »
I'm not a fan of the Death Star Trooper parts, that's the only problem I have with Needa.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 1, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Needa's legs could be better.  But it's a vast improvement on previous Imperial Officers.  And I definitely appreciate that they're trying to employ some forward thinking and will reuse this mold for future Imperial Officers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 1, 2009, 05:47 PM »

Nah, I guess I'm just burned out on officers.  He looks fine, but most places I go still actuallly have Jerjerrod clogging pegs....

I think the Needa jet pack seen where Voldemort is under his cap is one of my favorite scenes!!!! They should have made that fig.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 2, 2009, 03:24 PM »

I think the Needa jet pack seen where Voldemort is under his cap is one of my favorite scenes!!!! They should have made that fig.

Huh?  Was the actor who played Needa also in Harry Potter? ???
I am not the Stig