Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181691 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2009, 07:18 PM »
What's up with Hasbro and rifles anyway? The SA Clones never get them, and those Endor Rebels from a few years back didn't have them either.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2009, 07:30 PM »
The current Hoth Rebel didn't get the rifle because he's got the trench cannon.  The other Hoth rebel gets the rifle and the other accessory.

Want some rebel rifles for this trooper?  There are some that were packed in the Saga accessory packs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2009, 10:23 PM »
Man...where the hell is this wave?  Klytus, I'm booored...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I was looking at the store reports on GH and someone in my area actually found this wave, at a store I was at 24 hrs later, but he says he got the only set they had   :(  I know I'll find them at some point, I'm just surprised it is this hard to find them.
I am not the Stig

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36 PM »
I have seen these all over so they should start trickling in soon. I was just in NJ too and this wave was pretty much everywhere. From my observation in two states, the hardest one to find is Luke which is surprising. Kids must like the bathrobe.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Hasbro says we'll be waiting a while for Ugnaught #2.

I wish they would have been a bit more specific about his final destination.  By saying "figure #7", I guess that means he's definitely not coming with the 8-figure RotJ wave or the 8-figure ANH wave.  He must not be coming until the RotS or the Fall ESB wave since those would be the next 6-figure waves...   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2009, 03:53 PM »
From my observation in two states, the hardest one to find is Luke which is surprising. Kids must like the bathrobe.

I hope it's the kids.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Well since they never made that version of him before more collectors might be into him.  He's the first one I grabbed when I saw the wave.  The only part about the robe I don't like is the strings.   I just cut mine ridiculously short and looks much better.  Again not great but better!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2009, 11:01 AM »

I wish they would have been a bit more specific about his final destination.  By saying "figure #7", I guess that means he's definitely not coming with the 8-figure RotJ wave or the 8-figure ANH wave.  He must not be coming until the RotS or the Fall ESB wave since those would be the next 6-figure waves...   :-\

What about the second Hoth Trooper? Still on schedule for wave 7?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2009, 11:13 AM »

I'd like to see the first one first... :-X
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2009, 12:22 PM »

When we asked the question 3 weeks ago, the AotC wave hadn't hit yet.  We were assuming HRT #2 was in the Wave 7/AotC cases since a HRT was listed in the case assortments, but folks who have recieved cases of Wave 7 from etailers have been saying the HRT in those cases is "Trench Gun" guy, not the variant.

So, it would seem that HRT #2 has been delayed as well...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Figured as much. Bummer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #387 on: June 15, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Maybe he will be like the Ugnaught and be in the fall wave. I wish they started with the plain one then got to the Beardo version. He will come, just not as fast as we like. With all the CW 2pks & CW news it's really sad that Legacy is struggling. It's so backwards that the core line is no longer the core line. If the crap was realistic we may not have this problem.

I actually would be buying it if it was realistic. Looking forward to SDCC updates on this figure and others.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2009, 03:17 AM »
Wave 6 has been more frequent in Pittsburgh now, including repacks of the grey Coruscant Clone, Imp Engineer, and some others (ANH wave) with the 3PO's droid parts.

Anyway, what I found interesting...

The Hoth Rebel appears to not be painted totally accurately.  He has big sideburns and a goatee that almost meet, but what I noticed upon close inspection is that the beard is actually supposed to be fully connected/full, and it's actually sculpted onto the face as a full beard, not goatee/sideburns.

Just something I found odd/interesting about the figure.  I like him as is, but they definitely seem to have sculpted him to have a full beard and just didn't bother painting it all in.  Not sure why on that at all.

It's sort of similar, but not as dramatic, as the left hand of the original POTF2 Endor Rebel...  It's sculpted to cup the forward stock of a rifle, yet the figure had absolutely no way to hold a rifle with two hands...  One of those mystery "why" things I guess, that will likely never be answered.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2009, 10:01 AM »
...I actually would be buying it if it was realistic...

Man, I hear you on this. Hasbro has lost hundreds of dollars on me because they went the route of animated style. I've bought at most a handful of CW figures and not army built any.

Had these been done realistic style, not only would I have bought one of each, but I'd prolly have gotten back into army building at the hard core level I used to be.

In a strange way though, I'm thankful for this. It means I've had money for other things.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010