Author Topic: Early Finds...  (Read 7476 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Early Finds...
« on: April 7, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Ok, I know this is just pure speculation... but I'd think that a few of us are going to be lucky and find a few Indy toys before the street date (5/1, right?).

By my past experience, Wal-Mart, TRU and Target are all pretty tight on street dates for launches of a new line like this.  I've heard of a few hiccups, but I doubt I'll be able to score anything at those locations.

In about a week or two though, I'm going to start checking K-Mart... they're the one retailer that I remember put out all their ROTS toys about 10 days early and sold them for a day, only to put them back in the stockroom when word got out that they were selling them too early.  I'm thinking a few K-Marts might have a similar slip on these too (they did for AOTC and EPI too in my area, but not to the point of them setting the entire section up like they did for ROTS).

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: Early Finds...
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2008, 03:11 PM »
On my trips to Wallmart this weekend I Saw M & M Indy related candy stocked on a end cap.  So Promotional stuff is already hitting and being sold. 

Keep your eyes open
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2008, 10:41 PM »
For some reason, I think thse are going to trickle out. Has Hasbro every had a hard on street date without a Midnight Madness?  I really just want to go to the stores on May 1 and load up.  I don't want them in pieces.  And, truthfully, I don't have the time to go hunting these days.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2008, 11:29 PM »
In one of the Q&A answers Hasbro said there's a pretty hard street date but no midnight madness type thing going on.  And no store exclusives.

I'm betting that stores will have one big debut all at once for these.  Hasbro seems to be really pushing the line IMO.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2008, 02:30 AM »
Yeah I'm expecting a pretty well stocked Indy section in the toy aisle on the street date, possibly set up the night before at WM and all, so not midnight Madness, but close...  I plan to roll out that night anyway and see what my nearby WM has available anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I saw on the AFI forums that someone apparently got some of the Indy figures from someone overseas (with pics).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 9, 2008, 02:15 PM »
GAH!  Seeing those in someone's collection is awesome. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 09:10 AM »
The Indy figures broke at one my Targets yesterday. I received three separate calls with the news. Although I didn't drop what I was doing and go, they put out the whole display.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 10:45 AM »
The Indy figures broke at one my Targets yesterday. I received three separate calls with the news. Although I didn't drop what I was doing and go, they put out the whole display.

Did you get an idea of how much shelf space was dedicated/how many pegs for basic figures?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 04:19 PM »
I happened to stop by there just now on a way to a job. There was one German Soldier left. There were 2 peg columns for basic figures ($7.57, ouch.), one column for deluxe ($10,) one for GH (pegs were still full,) and shelf space for vehicles. They were right next to the SW section.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 05:07 PM »
Thanks Anton...

wow, that's not much shelf space at all...  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 10:17 PM »
I'm wondering if figures will be less at TRU or Wal-Mart...  I was really kinda looking forward to using the coupons to get a real deal too.  Oh well...  Bummer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 06:33 PM »
I'm going to look at TRU on Thurs, my Targets are kind of small and thing sell fast.  Are there any generic TRU coupns right now?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I'm wondering if figures will be less at TRU

TRU?  Less?  Must be different where you live, I fully expect prices to be higher. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Around me TRU's usually the same price as WM/Target.  My Target's had a $6.64 "price cut" tag up on their SW figures, but usually they're $6.99 and only WM ever is cheaper, and only by a matter of cents ($6.88 or whatever it is).   TRU's good in that regard here.

I guess they're more like KB up in the northernlands with you guys, Brent.  KB's always $1 or $2 more on just about everything with Star Wars.  I think TRU's $20 pricepoint vehicles are $25 though, which is more than anywhere else for the most part except KM and KB.