Author Topic: New Ninja Turtle figs.  (Read 30331 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: New Ninja Turtle figs.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2004, 01:21 PM »
Wal-Marts are getting tons of TMNT Figs. I picked up Giant Mouser and Stonebitter with Free DVD today.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2004, 12:05 PM »
Today at Target I picked up the new Space Hoppin' Turtles and the new DVD - Secret Origins.

Still have not found the Quarry figure which PlayMates said is out but limited. She will appear in later assortments.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #32 on: August 7, 2004, 09:32 PM »
I saw something today at Target that made me wish I was collecting this line.

It was a set of Toddler Turtles. Man, these were cool.
I had it in my hand, but I decided not to buy it. I noticed they had scads of other figures avialable, like Fugitoid, Silver Sentry, and even older figures like Casey and April. Reminded me of my TMNT heyday in 1990/91. :D I guess that's what this hobby is all about.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004, 07:51 PM »
There is a $h!t load of new TMNT figures out there. I picked up Deep Divin' Leo, Mike, Raph, Don, Triceraton Warrior, Gen. Mozar, Silver Sentry, Fugitod, Baxter Stockman, Multi-Arm Shredder, Claw Shredder, TMNT on Bikes, TMNT SWAT Team. I have many of the vintage TMNT figs. I love this line. Almost more than Star Wars.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 10:19 AM »
Not sure if anyone here is really interested and/or collects Turtles stuff, but I see there are some pics online at Previews for the action figures accompanying next year's CGI Ninja Turtles movie.  Also, here's a larger pic of one of the figures HERE.  Just thought I'd pass it along if anyone wanted a look.  They don't look too bad really.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 10:22 AM by Brian »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Saw the new TMNT: Fast Forward figures at Target earlier this evening. They didn't have Splinter, the one I most want, but they had all four Turtles and Casey Jone's grandson.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 01:21 PM »
Has anyone seen the Buzzrok and Multiflex figures from the new Alien Hunters line? It debuted around the first of the year. The second time I saw them I saw one of those two figures - I believe it was Multiflex. I was considering picking up the full set for my site but elected not to at the moment, and since then I haven't seen either of these two figures. I recently checked and couldn't find any on eBay either (at least not in the U.S.). Just wondering if anyone else has seen these two at any point.

John

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Found the 25th Anniversary rereleases of the vintage toys at Target today. $9 a whack, a DVD is included with one of the first five episodes, and they were on generic cardbacks. I remember when these were less than $4 each. As it is, I picked up Raph and Don, since I never had the original versions of those two. Odds are I'll go back and get Mike and Leo because I have an OCD for toys like these.

All that was there was two of each Turtle. I guess the villians and secondary heroes come in a different assortment.

It looks like this is the lineup- the four TMNT, Splinter, April, Casey Jones, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Foot Soldier, and Slash, who I don't remember coming out until 1990.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 09:11 PM »
I saw them for the first time at Target today, too.  Pretty funny--I didn't even know they were rereleasing them.  And I only saw the turtles as well.  I think I still have my set from back in the day, so no nine-dollar, 20+ year old action figures for me today, thanks.  DVD or not.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 09:37 PM »
I loved the TMNT toon afterschool, but I was way too deep into 2 Hasbro properties to go for this line.  Glad you guys have a second chance at some "vintage" turtles though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I saw these at Target this weekend as well, and like some of you, I guess I didn't even know they were coming out.  I have to say I was tempted to pick up a turtle or two, but passed for now.  If the funds allow later, I might pick up the four turtles and be done with it.  I'm pretty sure the original turtle line was towards the end of my action figure buying as a kid, but it still holds some nostalgia for me as well.  Seeing the same toys that were like $4 back then for $9 isn't thrilling though :).

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 11:39 AM »
I'll always have a special place in my heart for TMNT. They have really gone the distance as far as toy lines go. NECA has a line of Turtles
that are more true to the original comics. Just thought I would post a link to BBTS if you guys haven't seen them. I hope this is ok?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC10839&mode=retail

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 09:50 PM »
I've been looking for a set of those NECA TMNT. I found them on the Hot Topic website for $16 each, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've heard they're fantastic action figures, and I'd like a set of them.

Any word on that Shredder that NECA was planning on releasing? That thing looked awesome.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #43 on: April 1, 2009, 04:29 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 04:53 PM »
Ok, a bit of an odd question I guess....but my daughter and I watched a Turtles movie this weekend on Nickelodeon ("Turtles Forever") that incorporated both the 1988 Turtles and the more modern incarnation.  Anyways, for some reason, she really took to the turtles and was looking for some to play with.  I dug out a couple I had packed away in storage, but I never had a ton of turtle stuff (loved the show, but didn't get quite as many toys at that time for some reason - I was 11 or 12)...and of course they don't have all their "stuff" either.  Anyways, I remembered the 25th line that was out a year or two ago, and I was wondering - are these impossible to get a hold of at this point (or crazy expensive).  I know they are long gone from stores, but I was just curious how possible it would be to pick up loose versions of the four turtles (or at least a couple of the others).  Just wondering here if anyone knew more about the turtles line, because I can't say I've followed it for quite awhile now.  Is there even a current line out there these days?