Author Topic: New Ninja Turtle figs.  (Read 30528 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: New Ninja Turtle figs.
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2012, 12:08 PM »
That's what I ended up doing.  I always wanted to get a set of the turtles, but passed on previous versions for one reason or another, but ended up picking these up.  I think they are actually pretty nice toys.  For some reason our daughter has really taken to the new Turtles show, and I picked some of the figures up for her and thought they were pretty nice (the show isn't bad either really).  I won't be getting anymore most likely, but not because they are bad - I've got enough stuff to find room for the way it is :).  Our daughter has already put the Shellraiser van on the Christmas list though :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Just an observation more than anything else, but the Turtle stuff seems to be selling like crazy around here for Christmas and everything.  Our daughter has gotten way into the new show (which, by the way, is pretty good actually) and we picked up a few things for her for Christmas (the Shellraiser, some bad guys, etc.)  Most of our stores are sold out, or one day I'll see them get a fresh batch of figures and it will be sold through in a matter of days for the most part.  I haven't seen the van or that big playset for a couple of months now.  Our daughter wanted the playset as well, but she also asked for the Barbie dream house, so the Mrs. made the executive decision on that one :).  Anyways, not necessarily news by any means, but just an observation that this line seems to be doing quite well - at least around here.  If you haven't checked out the show (and like cartoons), I'd suggest giving it a watch, I think I've enjoyed it as much as she has.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Ya they have sold through pretty well at least at Target...Haven't really been to a WM or TRU in awhile.  I did pick up the 4 turtles last month but there still in the toy backlog.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2019, 11:51 AM »
I don’t know if there are a lot of Ninja Turtle collectors here, but I just had to post regarding ALL the new figure lines we have seen here lately. I personally haven’t gotten any of it really, but it has been tempting. Basically something for about everyone. In the past year or so, we have seen:

Rise of the TMNT (current cartoon)
NECA Movie Turtles (Gamestop)
NECA ‘80s Cartoon Turtles (Target)
NECA Arcade Turtles
DC Collectibles Batman vs TMNT 2 Packs (Gamestop)
Super 7 Reaction Turtles (@$18 each!)
Super 7 Ultimates Turtles (MOTU Classics style, based on original toyline) - coming 2020

Probably others I’m forgetting, but whatever you era it seems like you are covered. There is a part of me tempted to collect one of the lines, just sticking to one look. Of the above, I’ve only picked up a movie Mikey. I was tempted by the Target ‘toon 2 packs, but at $50 each I just couldn’t drop $200 to get all the Turtles, and I rarely saw them and certainly never saw them at once. I know those are coming back this Fall (with the Turtles packed together this time), and adding new characters as well. If I collected any of these it would probably be the 80s toon stuff, or the upcoming Ultimates line, because I remember being super into both the old cartoon and original toyline as a kid. The movies too, to be honest, but not quite as many characters represented there.