Author Topic: New Ninja Turtle figs.  (Read 30334 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New Ninja Turtle figs.
« Reply #61 on: August 4, 2012, 12:55 PM »
My bad, Ryan--I thought you were talking about the new Classic figures but I guess you were talking about the new Basic figs based on the new show.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 4, 2012, 01:56 PM »
just saw this pic and now I am pretty interested...

and you were right, Michaelangelo is shorter

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 5, 2012, 09:01 PM »
I always wanted to have a set of the Turtles, but missed the boat on the earlier vintage re-releases and that nice comic based box set.  I grabbed a couple of those turtles at Target this week, and they are actually pretty nicely done.  I saw both the regular and the "collector" (6") turtles at TRU today.  I thought originally I'd want to get the collector versions, but the smaller ones are pretty spiffy too.  Our daughter has been playing with the smaller version ones, and they are actually pretty nice toys.  They aren't really "cartoony" like the upcoming toon look, and I kind of like the look of them - sort of comic booky in a way.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: August 6, 2012, 12:30 AM »
Ordinarily, I'd be interested in the Turtles but woud pass on them due to budget and space and stuff.

But, seeing as how I only have like 8 more Star Wars basic figures coming the rest of the year and a small smattering of exclusives (thanks, K-mart!) left to buy, I'm really tempted to pick up a set of the basic four.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: August 6, 2012, 01:33 AM »
Funny how a lack of SW stuff can make a nerd collection look even more sad.  :D

I actually was mapping out maybe picking up another 1:16 tank thanks to the lack of new anything pretty much till 2013...  It wasn't even on my radar till the "final wave" was knocked down to online only.  When army building isn't even an option, much less a longshot, it makes you look at other things to waste money on really fast.

Why not turtles?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 11:36 AM »
I just used one of those $5 off coupons to start my turtle collection.  I nabbed Michalangelo this morning for like $4.25 or something after tax - nice!  I am going to go back tonight for more I think.

I have visited all of my family members to print off coupons   ;D

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20 PM »
and I went back tonight and purchases Donatello, Leonard, Splinter, and Krang.  I used a $5 off coupon on each and did 2 at one register, left and did two at another  8)

update:  just grabbed Raphael now too.  3 more to go
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:21 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I picked up Donatello yesterday, always was my favorite turtle.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2012, 05:58 PM »
So, for those of you who are picking these up, are you opting for the new, smaller (from the upcoming toon I guess) Turtle figures, or the 6" collector ones (which I've only seen at TRU so far)?  Both look nice in their own ways, but part of me almost likes the smaller ones better - even though the "collector" figures are sort of based on the cartoons I remember.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2012, 08:53 PM »
the new ones - so they are still similar in scale to the majority of everything else I collect

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2012, 10:38 PM »
I actually picked up Donatello in both scales. I really dont see myself picking up any others (unless they do an awesome classic version of Casey Jones) so felt comfortable in knowing that my TMNT buying is done.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58 AM »
Yesterday I scored Dogpound and Metalhead. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2012, 08:39 AM »
I saw all 3 of the new figures at TRU on Saturday and I left them there.  They wanted $10 for each of them now so I will hold off until they go on a good sale.  Out of the 3 I thought the fish dude looked the best.  The dog guy looked like a giant, heavy hunk of plastic - not much going on there imo.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2012, 10:00 AM »
I finally caught the new show and think I'll cave on the 4 turtles now - sick of leaving them behind everytime I see them.  TRU had some Buy 3 get one free sale last week but they were $12-$13 a piece but comes out to about even with WM's $7.77 price. 

4 turtles and I'm walking away......
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN