Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122270 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe (Spring 2010)
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2009, 10:44 PM »
So many more EU figures i want  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2009, 10:48 AM »
THE ALIEN BESPIN GUARD *WILL* BE RELEASED!  :D
Hasbro has confirmed to Galactichunter.com that Utris M'toc will indeed come in the EU Wave 13:

Per Derryl Depriest (the guy in charge) at Hasbro, "Bespin Guard (Utris M’toc) *will* be coming out in the EU wave.".

Good news!

Not to be a Debbie Downer - but Derryl Depriest also said that the clean shaven Hoth Rebel Trooper was going to be out in VERY limited quantities as the rest of the AOTC Wave cases shipped.

Three months later it turns out the clean shaven Hoth Rebel Trooper was never mass produced.

So as much as I too would love to get Utris M'toc, sometimes this guy doesn't know his ass from his elbow - and he "runs" the line!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Having been in Derryl's position, I can see why he made the claim about the clean shaven Hoth trooper. The factory probably told him it was produced as planned, but it really wasn't.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: December 5, 2009, 04:29 AM »

Clicky to check him out!

BG-J38 is looking pretty sharp to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 6, 2009, 01:51 AM »
Where did this droid show up? I'm surprised to see a little bugger like him in Star Wars!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: December 6, 2009, 02:48 AM »
Jabba's Palace in the background playing Pacman or something, but he's around.  There's a black one similar to him or EV-9D9 aboard the Death Star too, somewhere I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 6, 2009, 02:02 PM »
Thanks! I'm gonna check out the ROTJ movie now for this little dude...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 7, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Jabba's Palace in the background playing Pacman or something, but he's around.  There's a black one similar to him or EV-9D9 aboard the Death Star too, somewhere I think.

Isn't it weird that for Fodder waves we tend to get EU droids and for the EU wave we get a fodder droid?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: December 7, 2009, 07:37 PM »
I'm not sure I get what you mean Anton...    ???  I think I'm just not reading you right is all, can you clarify?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 8, 2009, 07:39 AM »
I think I understand what Anton is saying, I was wondering the same thing - it's odd that with the ROTS wave we get a B-A-D like the YVH-1 which is an EU creation, while with the actual EU wave, we get a droid that's actually in the background in ROTJ.

I would have thought that Hasbro would have tried to keep the theme of the wave going on into the B-A-Ds, but from the very beginning, that has not been the case. In fact when you think about it, we've probably gotten more EU droids out of the B-A-D concept then we would have through individually carded releases or EU comic packs (if those kept going).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 8, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Well, from a marketing perspective, it makes sense to mix them up.  If you don't normally buy EU, as some here have suggested, then you get an EU BAF with an OTC wave as an intro to the EU world.  Later on, there's a wave of EU figures that you might not buy all (or any) of, but since the BAD is not EU, you might be more incented to get the whole wave.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 8, 2009, 09:23 AM »
Exactly what I was saying Pete. Thanks. Sorry for being obtuse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: December 8, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I gotcha now, sorry.

I agree with Jman's point too, about mixing them up...  Hasbro's pushing the that BGJ38 as a movie character in a wave of figures people may not want all of them because EU's so picky with most.  It makes sense in that regard.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 9, 2009, 12:21 AM »
I too agree - Jman's point is spot on - I hadn't really thought about it from that point of view before.

For me it's easy to overlook the possibility that some people might not even be interested in this wave -- for me it's not whether or not I'm going to get a figure in this wave, it's HOW MANY of each figure in this wave do I want to buy above and beyond my complete set MOC and my complete open set.  ;D
Peter

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 9, 2009, 06:01 PM »
You have a good point, Anton.

However, I think this may be Hasbro's way of trying to lure in the old-school collectors to buy the whole EU wave in order to get the classic ROTJ droid. It's almost a set-up, if anything.  :-X