Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122246 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Adam...being as close to ordering, selling, sales etc...has EE Legacy #'s fallen as dramatically as the supposed drop at retail Hasbro is saying?  If you can't answer I understand, but I am curious

I don't think I can discuss our internal numbers but what I'm seeing externally seems to indicate this is pretty close to the mark.   Besides, reality here is what Hasbro wants it to be.  If there's a target number they want to hit, whatever it is that might be a huge success for us might not be worth Hasbro's while if the toymaker can't replicate it at Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys "R" Us.

...personally I'm kinda surprised the "greatest hits/refresh" figures aren't generally more things like Darth Vader.  Because you know, those tend to sell to pretty much anybody and not just adult collectors like, let's say, a repackaged Padme.  And I saw a loooooot of leftover wave 9 on my last multi-state toy hunting safari.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Personally, "Greatest Hit/Legacy" Figurs should onlu be figures Mom and Dad recognize...

Vader
Luke Tatooine
Yoda
Chewie
R2
Obi-Wan (E3)
Anikin (E3)
Darth Maul

And maybe...
Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Clone E3
Grevious

That's it. 

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2010, 10:58 PM »
I got the BAD from this wave from overseas today, and it's awesome.  Glad I didn't have to track down the figures for it.  The only drawback is the legs.  He will have difficulty standing due to general gumminess and articulation in his 'ankles' which are at an odd angle.

Also got the CV vintage 'Zuckuss'.  Awesome.   :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2010, 01:29 AM »
I was thinking back to SDCC 2009 and it's quite pathetic to see that almost 50% of what Hasbro had shown as a 2010 sneak has been canceled/failed - Legacy Wave 13, Darth Nihl/Jarael Comic Pack sets....
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 9, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Courtesy of Jayson/Yakface:

Q2: There are bound to be several questions asked regarding the shocker of the last Legacy EU wave (wave 13) being set as a Toys"R"Us / online exclusve. With that troublesome news, what can be said about the production run for those figures. Were they produced in the same volume as prior waves or was there a shorter production run done to avoid costly over-stock now that the TLC line is no more?

A2: Most all of the red/white Legacy Droid Factory waves have been produced in lower production volumes than in previous years in order to make sure that figures don't slow up and we can bring the next waves in. Still, despite the lower production, we have still had difficulties with getting waves to flow evenly. The EU wave will be produced in a volume similar to that of the EpII wave that came out at the end of the blue/white Legacy Droid Factory run last Spring, making it the red/white wave with the shortest production run.

While the only good news about this is that while i NEVER saw AOTC wave in stores the good thing is that at least this wave will be condensed to 1 store and not spread out to the 3 major stores, so we MIGHT actually see descent numbers of these in TRU.  But I won't be holding my breath waiting for sales.  I'll grab them when I see them. 

Really wanted the Imp Tech from this wave cuz of the neater looking container, had hoped to army build that but it looks like not.  Good thing Wally has put figs on sale for $6 already got 3 techs for that price.

Hope I can score more then 1 Spacetrooper as well.  Will be using that one as grunt to the DK trooper.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: March 9, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Well you're in luck...  sort of...

because the 2nd Imp Tech isn't going to be in that wave with the other container.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Well you're in luck...  sort of...

because the 2nd Imp Tech isn't going to be in that wave with the other container.

WTH are you kidding me?  thot that was the repack along w/ROTJ sucky Luke whatever repacks, now it's just the EU wave all by its lonesome?  Hadn't heard that one so thanx, kinda,  Jesse.  Here's to hoping he'll be in ANH Kenner style wave along with the DS trooper grey version they've talked about.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2010, 01:14 AM »
The 2nd Scanner Tech (which is just a different box part Ig uess, not a different figure at all) is like the HOth Rebel variant...  Fell through.  There may be a repacked ANH Wave tech, but I don't believe the 2nd box variation has found a home yet, according to Hasbro.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2010, 03:07 PM »
When is this wave supposed to show up?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2010, 05:44 PM »
May for TRU, June for EE/online is the current estimate from Hasbro.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:44 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Thanks.  When things slow down I pay (even) less attention (as I'm sure you've noticed) and was starting to worry that I'd missed these.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:56 PM by Rob »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Well - these have already started to hit - there are pictures on anotheR Site's forums, one picture is of the back of the Darth Maul and Obi-Wan figures w/the B-A-D parts from the EU wave droid...

Time to start hunting!!!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Picked up this wave from my local TRU during lunch today. All are damn nice and a great way to go out on the Legacy basic figure line.

According to the shipping case, it looks like there might be a designated endcap on 5/1 so hopefully more stores will be getting these new cases to fill them out.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:05 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Good scoop Jayson!  It's nice to know that collectors can (somewhat) focus their efforts and hit the stores on May 1st.  Provided of course that they don't sell out in the next two weeks, of course.  It stinks when a basic figure wave winds up being exclusive to a single retailer.  But a piece of info like this can at least give collectors a better shot at getting a wave that's going to be a bit more scarce than usual.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Hey Jayson - did you have to ask for the case to be brought out or was it sitting on the floor waiting to be stocked?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!