Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122258 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #285 on: May 3, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I just realized EE has this case up for preorder with a June delivery for $99.99

Thanks anyhow TRU!  I'll have mine delivered to my door and skip all the usual bull**** at your store.

You can't find a K'Kruhk on a peg hook at TRU, but you sure can find him all over eBay for $25.

Preordering this as soon as I get home. Thanks for the heads up!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 3, 2010, 03:21 PM »
I talked to a very helpful TRU employee that is expecting 5k more figures. So this wave may show up in heavier numbers soon. Also the $5 sale goes until July so the price is still right. Here is hoping!

I was looking for anything I could use to postpone a public meltdown, and this bit of news will do just fine.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 3, 2010, 03:34 PM »
I just realized EE has this case up for preorder with a June delivery for $99.99

Thanks anyhow TRU!  I'll have mine delivered to my door and skip all the usual bull**** at your store.

You can't find a K'Kruhk on a peg hook at TRU, but you sure can find him all over eBay for $25.

Preordering this as soon as I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

Of course, EE will delay delivery over and over again until its Christmas. By that time these things will be peg warming for months. At least that is my experience. I just don't see paying $10 each for figures if they can't keep their initial ETA. Too bad there isn't a discount if the order is delayed.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 3, 2010, 03:55 PM »
I dunno.. I really don't see much from this wave pegwarming at all, outside of the repacks and Utris.

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 3, 2010, 04:55 PM »
does anyone know the days tru gets trucks?this wave has yet to hit my area at all,and i by no means want to waste time and gas to go just to be greeted by saga "legends" chewy and willrow hood ::)
« Last Edit: May 3, 2010, 04:56 PM by VADERS FIST »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 3, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Of course, EE will delay delivery over and over again until its Christmas. By that time these things will be peg warming for months. At least that is my experience. I just don't see paying $10 each for figures if they can't keep their initial ETA. Too bad there isn't a discount if the order is delayed.

True, but I was able to get the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom wave from EE without any trouble, so I'm willing to take a chance.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 3, 2010, 05:02 PM »
does anyone know the days tru gets trucks?this wave has yet to hit my area at all,and i by no means want to waste time and gas to go just to be greeted by saga "legends" chewy and willrow hood ::)

don't know if this is a nation wide thing that can be said to be gospel for all stores - but mine gets shipments Wednesday and Friday year round - with more of course during the holidays.

as for EE - I have never had a problem with them and they are always pretty reliable imo.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #292 on: May 3, 2010, 05:03 PM »
Yep, I'd call your particular store to find out as sometimes it depends on store volume. (Slower stores get fewer trucks, busier stores get more.)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 3, 2010, 05:09 PM »
ok,thanks for the heads up guys,heres hoping   :-\ lol
« Last Edit: May 3, 2010, 05:10 PM by VADERS FIST »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #294 on: May 3, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Wow.  I feel really lucky.  I've seen this wave a few times over the last two weeks.  TRU's in Bronx/Queens seem to be loaded.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 3, 2010, 06:04 PM »
I talked to a very helpful TRU employee that is expecting 5k more figures. So this wave may show up in heavier numbers soon. Also the $5 sale goes until July so the price is still right. Here is hoping!

Did I read this correctly that someone told you they had 5,000 more figures on the way?  I hope that is the case as these are fantastic figures and a lot of people seemed to have missed out.  That said, I now trust TRU employees about as far as I can throw my car.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #296 on: May 3, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Youy read correctly and even Galactic Hunter got some word from Hasbro.

If anyone here comes across this wave I would be more than happy to reward the effort of picking them up for me. I can even send the money beforehand.  Those that have dealt with me know I am good for it. I really want some extra Jainas to make a few personal customs. PM me if anyone can help I will also throw in anything from my trade list including vehicles if you an get the whole way and a few extras. I just got more AT-ST's in 2 weeks ago and would happily throw one in. A local WM had some tucked away. I would love to cancel my wave case so I am not stuck with extras.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2010, 09:08 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 4, 2010, 09:12 AM »

If anyone here comes across this wave I would be more than happy to reward the effort of picking them up for me. I can even send the money beforehand.  Those that have dealt with me know I am good for it. I really want some extra Jainas to make a few personal customs. PM me if anyone can help I will also throw in anything from my trade list including vehicles if you an get the whole way and a few extras. I just got more AT-ST's in 2 weeks ago and would happily throw one in. A local WM had some tucked away. I would love to cancel my wave case so I am not stuck with extras.

I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'd really love to work a swap for the Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown Battlepacks, if you can get ahold of those. Will PM if/when I can find something...thanks in advance~
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #298 on: May 4, 2010, 09:17 AM »

I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'd really love to work a swap for the Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown Battlepacks, if you can get ahold of those. Will PM if/when I can find something...thanks in advance~

I will be sure to keep an eye out I am going on a run tomorrow and today. I really appreciate the help!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 4, 2010, 12:40 PM »
A little late posting here, but I checked our local store on Saturday as well, but no sign of the EU wave here.  I'm not really sure what to do with this wave, as I was thinking of preordering it as well - but I'm not sure if I have to have everyone in the wave.  Sure, I'd like to and would probably pick them up if I found them in the store, but as I'm running out of room lately I'm really considering and re-considering every EU figure I buy.  Its getting tougher to just jam them all in the Cantina if I don't have somewhere for them to go :).  I'd really like K'Kruhk more than anything else (well, and the BaD), and thought about the Spacetrooper as well.  The others look nice too, but I guess I could live without them.  Considering I'm just ho-hum on much of the wave, I'm not sure if I want to spend $100 on a case or not.  I think they could have just sent this to mass retail as well, and it would have done just fine.  I bet I could count on one hand how many Legacy figures are on the pegs locally between the "big 3", and it has been that way for awhile.