Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212118 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #435 on: May 5, 2010, 10:14 AM »
I'm with you there on the space for all this big stuff Jesse.  I think the big vehicles are great, but it really is becoming a challenge to get everything out and displayed.  That's the reason why I'm always toying with either getting rid of the PT/CW era stuff, or just packing some of it up.  Then I look at the AT-TE, or even things like the ARC 170 or Gunship, and I just can't put them away.  Plus, a lot of the starfighter and deluxe line vehicles from that era are pretty spiffy.

As far as the Imperial Shuttle, I don't see a reason to redo that ship either.  I actually kind of like the previous version (I have the Target exclusive one from a few years ago), and don't have a need for a larger or changed one.  I'd still like to see more OT re-dos, and I think the starfighters Jesse mentioned would be great candidates.  I'm also in for a Slave I if that happens, although I hope we get an ESB repaint of it if we're getting the CW version first (which sounds likely).  Otherwise, they are starting to cover a lot of the rest pretty well.  We got the Falcon, a new AT-ST, a new AT-AT/Snowspeeder/Cloud Car on the way, the big winged TIE, and a pretty nice Landspeeder from the SAGA line.  I do hope we see some of the rest get redone too, as well as more of the beasts (particularly the Taun Taun)....but I'm not sure if there is much left that would qualify as "$100 big" projects, aside from something like the Sail Barge or Death Star.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 5, 2010, 11:41 AM »
Kind of a silly question asking about a new Imperial Shuttle - come to think about it.  I consider that thing to be a done deal and they nailed it with the 80's mold IMO.  Sure they can tweak it, but I'm perfectly fine with the several I already own.

They can make the cockpit bigger ala the BMF. I, for one, would love an updated shuttle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #437 on: May 6, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Good point.  A 4-person cockpit (more to the point a three person, one wookie cockpit) and it would be perfect.

If it isn't made....I won't lose any sleep though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 6, 2010, 04:27 AM »
Due to space considerations, I have to cycle through what I display on about a monthly basis, but the Falcon always remains out.

I was wondering whether they will actually release anything larger than the Falcon. Do you think we've reached  a sort of limit in terms of size, or do you think they could still go larger?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 6, 2010, 08:43 AM »
I am no master of scale and size - but wouldn't the sail barge be biggerthan the BMF?  That, and of course the Death Star    :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 6, 2010, 01:01 PM »
I would think the Falcon about maxes out the size of anything they'll ever do... that thing is huge and could actually be the perfect size for some amazing playsets if they ever changed their stance on that subject.

Regarding a Sail Barge - I'm still game.  Since Jesse has backed out on that, I'll make up for it and buy two if they actually do it.   :-*

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #441 on: May 6, 2010, 02:55 PM »
I really do hope to see a Sailbarge one day. I hope that STAN's rumor/intel is true that they worked up a mock up in CAD. To me it's one of the last two iconic ship I want to see made. Sailbarge and Tantive. I also would love a scale Skiff as well, the vintage mold is too small but I can live with it. I see a Star Destroyer and DS as playset/dios.

A am cool with a new Slave One but like others I am getting concerned about room. The shelves I have can only accommodate so much. If they start with a Jango style slave one then repaint if ESB style that is going to eat some space up. I have a lot I cannot display already including a second AT-TE. I was planning on 3-4 AT-AT's alone. I may have to cut it down to three. The Third one I would keep boxed as I want one of the TRU Vintage packaged one.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 02:55 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 6, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Well, I got a chance to open the new AT-AT over the past week or so, and I'd have to say that Hasbro is 4 for 4 on the "big vehicles" so far (although I don't have the Turbo Tank, those who do seem to really like it).  It got me to thinking about this again, what could Hasbro do next for the "large item" category - say for 2011 or beyond?  Sure, there are still things available like big Seperatist vehicles, but those seem really unlikely.  There's also the Twilight, but for some reason Hasbro doesn't seem real big on it either.  Then, there's always the Sail Barge as well - which Hasbro also says is pretty unlikely.  Is there any one "big item" that would have enough cross appeal for them to give it a try at this point?  I'd still like to see more OT vehicle re-dos (like the starfighters now), but I don't know that those are quite bit enough to warrant the $99.99 pricepoint.  I do think the Death Star would have some potential, as we know collectors would be into it and I even think kids could be as well.  But, we all know how "playsets" is sort of a cursed word these days - so maybe it wouldn't have much chance either.  I'm just wondering if there are still reasonable options out there for this area, it has been kind of neat having one big item each holiday for the Star Wars line.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 6, 2010, 01:29 PM »
Good question, Brian.  I've been thinking about what I would like to see and the possibility of us actually getting it:

- Sith Infiltrator - Doubtful (it should be the size of the Queens Starship and Hasbro thinks we were lucky to get the POS we did)

- Death Star - Possibly...but playset is a bad word (like you mentioned)

- Imperial Shuttle - Maybe

- Sail Barge - If done it will be in 2013

- Twilight - You'd think they would've done it already...it depends on what role it has in the future of the CW series

I don't see a whole lot of larger vehicles they could do.  I'd like to see a Tantive IV and a Star Destryoyer (they could do them similar to the Lego Versions and I'd be happy), but I don't see them being done.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #444 on: August 6, 2010, 02:53 PM »
For some reason Hasbro said recently "no" to the Twilight...  It seems to have fallen out of favor in the cartoon a lot.  Makes no sense why that is, and was never any explanation why it just up and disappeared, but I think without the toon for that one, it's toast.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 6, 2010, 04:21 PM »
While I'm definitely hoping for a Sail Barge and Death Star playset (heck, a huge Bespin Freeze Chamber too!).

I'd also love to see a Republic Shuttle (the one Palpatine travels to Mustafar in) and also the Federation Landing ship from Episode One... how cool would it be for the front to open and an AAT Federation Tank slides out?  Ha Ha... yes, totally out of scale, but I'd love it.

Kinda like that, only bigger... I know it will never happen, but I think it would be sweet.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 6, 2010, 05:27 PM »
I can't see an AAT being made for the 3 3/4" line.

The republic shuttle from ROTS would be awesome though.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2010, 02:13 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 6, 2010, 09:20 PM »
I can't see an AAT being made for the 3 3/4" line.

I think you mean the MTT (troop transport).  The AAT (tank) has been released several times since the first version from a decade back.

Anyways, I was talking about the landing craft so an AAT could come out (an MTT coming out would make the landing craft way too big).

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 7, 2010, 02:13 AM »
Yeah...that's what I meant.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 7, 2010, 02:40 AM »
- Sith Infiltrator - Doubtful (it should be the size of the Queens Starship and Hasbro thinks we were lucky to get the POS we did)

This has got to be the weirdest thing in the vehicle conversation.  Maul's one of the most popular characters in the prequel trilogy, and they put out a ridiculous ship for him.  I would think it would sell well... even if they didn't make it massive, something the size of a Y-Wing or what not, big enough to put the figure and speeder into.

Not enough screen time?