Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212312 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #465 on: November 4, 2010, 11:14 AM »
I'm not a fan of a larger Gunship design - kinda like the smaller R2.  I must have at least 10 various Gunships and I don't feel like ditching them and starting over again, but ya it could happen.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 4, 2010, 02:47 PM »
I'm not a fan of a larger Gunship design - kinda like the smaller R2.  I must have at least 10 various Gunships and I don't feel like ditching them and starting over again, but ya it could happen.

I share the same point of view. The current Gunship is fine (how big does it really have to be) and it could be sold for $70 as-is, as proven by the TRU exclusive. I'm really hoping for the NU Attack Shuttle at this point. The more I see it, the cooler it looks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #467 on: November 4, 2010, 02:49 PM »
I actually would probably buy a larger Gunship as anything larger is bound to actually be to-scale then.  I can't imagine them doing a new Gunship though, honestly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 4, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure they alluded to another iteration of the Gunship coming from the Geonosis arc in a Q&A awhile back, but I'd be shocked if this was anything other than a repaint.

I'll take the Malevolence though.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 4, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Wonder if they'd consider an AT-TE dropship?  Not that I really want one, but it could fit the bill in terms of the size...

It could be cool, but if they were to invest that kind of tooling, I'd prefer something else actually.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 4, 2010, 07:30 PM »
That's pretty massive!  I can't see them ever doing something like the especially since it's basically just a flying tow truck.  My AT-TE's are locked in storage, but are there any odd connector points on the vehicle or legs?  I know that Hasbro puts pegs on the back of Optimus Prime semi toys for some reason, but they seemed to have ditched the trailer idea.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #471 on: November 4, 2010, 08:11 PM »
This would be exciting for me, and crazy cool.  I think the fact that it's more an accessory and not the complete toy presents some challenges (no chance it would come with an AT-TE).

I've always thought the MTT was a missed opportunity:

Little chance for it either.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 5, 2010, 03:39 PM »
It would make a great case.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 28, 2010, 09:07 AM »
After seeing the new slate of Lego releases, which I find are often a great tip-off for items forthcoming in the 3.75" line, I have concluded that I really, really want next year's "BIG" item to be this:

7930  Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship US $49.99

Sorry, I can't link to a pic at work, but this thing is freaking sweet. And it actually has some personality; it's not just something straight off the Republic assembly line. They could pack in a couple of extra figs or maybe even a custom speeder bike and this thing is good to go.

I would be way more excited about this than any of the various shuttle options.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 26, 2012, 11:01 AM »
On the subject of the "Big Ones"...

I bought 4 of the AT-TEs... two at full price... opened one, have one in the box still.  The other two, I ended up selling off one because I didn't have room.  Traded one for a Turbo Tank.  So I have two, which is enough.

Turbo Tank... I currently have 3 of that sucker...  bought one at full price, one on clearance, and have the other I traded for... my son plays with one of mine sometimes for his Cobra Troopers.  I might just give it to him.

AT-ATs... I have 3 of this behemoth... bought one at full price, one about half price at K-Mart, and another for just $12.48 at Target... probably the best deal I've ever gotten. 

Falcon... bought one at full price.  I wonder if they'll repack this at some point in Vintage packaging?  Sounds like a $200.00 exclusive for TRU at some point.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 26, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm curious if we'll see any of the "big" ones re-released over the next several years with the 3D releases.  The AT-TE would be a good candidate with the "big" AOTC/ROTS offerings a little bit slimmer.  I could see the Falcon making another appearance before all is said and done too, and like CHEWIE mentioned, a vintage packaged exclusive sounds like something they would do (although if it was up to $200 now I wonder how many would buy it).  I could definitely see it coming out during one of the OT runs.  Although it doesn't technically qualify as one of the "big ones", I think that Slave I is going to get the ESB treatment sometime in the next few years too (maybe for ESB's release).  They could even make it a "big" vehicle for that year if they added in a few things (Boba Fett, Carbonite Han, etc.)

I do kind of like the idea that we have (at least) one big vehicle from each movie in the Saga.  So far, we'll have the MTT for Phantom Menace, the AT-TE for Attack of the Clones, the Turbo Tank for Sith, the Falcon for A New Hope, the AT-AT for Empire, and that leaves Jedi (Sail Barge?).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:56 PM by Brian »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 26, 2012, 02:01 PM »
I would love to see what a Hasbro BMF sailbarge would look like to wrap up the line (if I am still in it then), but they will probably bring back the shuttle- it is pretty ROTJ specific.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 26, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Like some others have said, I'd like to see them do a Tantive IV similar to the recent Attack Shuttle, where folded up it's a flying vehicle but unfold it as a playset. Build in the main hallway where the Imps break in and fight it out, have a place for R2 and 3P0 to wander around and get into a 'new' escape pod, have the place wherfe Leia recorded her message in R2 and was later captured, finally have a 'main hold' area where Vader can interrogate Capt. Antilles. Yeah, I'd get that.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 26, 2012, 03:05 PM »
Here's what I *think* makes sense for Hasbro to do to coincide with the other films coming to theaters again...

AOTC - This kind of stumps me... the AT-TE could be re-released, but I think a re-release would be better served in vintage packaging as a TRU exclusive, and they should focus on something new... perhaps a new Geonosis playset in the $100 range that blows the old one out of the water? 

ROTS - Tantive IV... it can sort of double as a playset, plus it would appeal to the OT folks... I'd also love to see a larger AT-AP.

ANH - Sandcrawer... as much as I don't really care about this one, I think they might do it and I'd buy it because it's cool, but it's not up there on my list like some other big items are.  Basically, I'd rather see a Death Star playset.  I think the Death Star would be more popular anyway.

ESB - I'd just love to see a new Freeze Chamber playset, and also the Slave I...

ROTJ - Sail Barge!  And maybe release the vintage Imperial Shuttle again as an exclusive somewhere like they did around 2005/2006 at Target, and pack it in vintage packaging.

I really think it could just be a matter of time before we see Hasbro explore the playset idea again... maybe wishful thinking, but I really never thought we'd see the MTT get made.  Does anything (including Hasbro) actually think the MTT is more in demand than a Death Star playset? 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58 PM »
I wouldn't rule out a redo of the Republic Gunship... The old one was horribly underscaled, and now they want us to pay ~$70 for the same sculpt. I'd consider buying a bigger one that included the bubble turrets.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks