Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 211228 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Oh yeah, it is an awesome toy...I can pretty much overlook the scale issue just based on how cool it is.

I'm not debating the opening in the floor (and it's probably not best to discuss the practicality of how the toy's floor operates), I just think it would make more sense to have an opening hatch, rather than basically losing the floor altogether. Something similar to the torpedo hatch doors on the ARC fighter make more sense to me.

I think speeder bike deployment is supposed to happen via a hatch in the back. At least according to the cross sections book. If they give us a larger version of the gunship, I would love to have that feature.

****, now I want a new gunship...thanks alot guys!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2012, 06:16 PM »

I think speeder bike deployment is supposed to happen via a hatch in the back. At least according to the cross sections book. If they give us a larger version of the gunship, I would love to have that feature.

That feature of the Gunships was shown in the Umbara trilogy.  The Gunships deployed AT-RT's from that rear ramp as they were landing their troops.  I didn't recall seeing speeder bikes deployed that way, but it would definitely make for a cool play feature.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #527 on: July 18, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Here's the cross sections pages. You can see the speederbike deployment on the second gunship. I'd love to see something similar to the speederbike deployment on the BAT-AT.

Edit: I forgot to add the link. Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:58 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #528 on: July 18, 2012, 06:49 PM »
I'll be surprised if AOTC 3D is released and there's not a Republic gunship reissue at least.

I think we are more likely to see a re-release of the AT-TE.  That was very popular.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 18, 2012, 08:02 PM »
IF AOTC gets any push next year I can fully see the AT-TE again at retail once more...at a much higher price though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 18, 2012, 10:39 PM »
I'm hoping for a Gunship myself.  I'm sure it will be $75 this time around though. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2012, 12:48 PM »
I missed the Turbo Tank.  That's the one I want re-released.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #532 on: February 9, 2013, 06:05 PM »
I've seen a few tweets suggesting that the postponement of the 3D films means any chances we had of "big" stuff to go with them is gone too...

Also saw a few tweets that indicated that Hasbro pretty specifically said retail can't handle a $200 Sail Barge (re: #bringonethebarge petition).  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #533 on: February 9, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Tell that to TRU with their $250-$280 Vintage BMF  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 9, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Maybe general retail can't, but how about exclusives?  As Jay mentioned, the Falcon is TRU...and now that Amazon is in the game, who knows?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #535 on: February 9, 2013, 07:51 PM »
I think with teh Falcon you already had it tooled you're just trying to capitalize on the nostalgia...  Exclusives usually mean lower production runs.  I just don't see it for new stuff if it's big.  Small new stuff seems to do well, especially if they can repackage and repurpose it.  I think the Speederbike, for instance, will be back at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #536 on: February 9, 2013, 08:40 PM »
I've seen a few tweets suggesting that the postponement of the 3D films means any chances we had of "big" stuff to go with them is gone too...

Also saw a few tweets that indicated that Hasbro pretty specifically said retail can't handle a $200 Sail Barge (re: #bringonethebarge petition).  :(

So make it online pre-order re: Mattel's Castle Grayskull.
I swear, Hasbro just does not seem to want to put an effort in at all.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 9, 2013, 08:44 PM »

You look at today's presentation and it's VERY CLEAR.  We need to look at 2013 as a year to essentially reset the line and Star Wars as a whole.  Until Episode VII gets into production and the Disney hype machine can get things rolling, I think we're looking at a pretty bleak year.  Meaning no large vehicles.  Especially when you don't have media to support the release of that large vehicle.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 9, 2013, 09:52 PM »
You look at today's presentation and it's VERY CLEAR.  We need to look at 2013 as a year to essentially reset the line and Star Wars as a whole.  Until Episode VII gets into production and the Disney hype machine can get things rolling, I think we're looking at a pretty bleak year.  Meaning no large vehicles.  Especially when you don't have media to support the release of that large vehicle.

That's exactly what Hasbro was saying.  Without the movies, there was no media support for the movies.  And now with the movies coming out soon, they are gearing things up for that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #539 on: February 9, 2013, 09:57 PM »
I've been told that's an edict that's going beyond just Hasbro, and coming from Disney/LFL...  Every licensee is pretty much being refocused from previous plans to put efforts into the new films.

Seems everything but the new films is sort of in a limbo state, including Clone Wars, 3D movies, etc.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77