Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212434 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2018, 12:03 PM »
That makes sense. Hopefully the Disney crawler is huge. Definitely looking forward to that.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 22, 2018, 08:00 AM »
A Death Star and Star Destroyer immediately come to mind for me. I can come up with many more, but those 2 items would be at the top of my list. Others are:
Jabba's Palace
Luke's homestead
Sarlacc - Pit of Carkoon
Echo Base
Mos Eisley Cantina/ Docking Bay 94
6 Inch Scaled X-wing Fighter
Skiff
Sandcrawler
Imperial Cargo Ship from Rogue One
Scariff Playset
Okay I will stop. I know most of those are not practical, but I would be interested.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #572 on: February 22, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Imperial Cargo Ship from Rogue One
Scariff Playset

These would be good. I loved the look of the cargo ship.

Other ideas from the new films:

U-Wing (for real this time)

TIE Interceptor (ditto)

Kylo Ren's Shuttle

FO Troop Transport

Resistance Bomber

AT-M6

Resistance X-Wing (to scale, or at least not flimsy)

Blue Squadron X-Wing (this is almost certainly coming, if you pick up what Steve Evans is putting down)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 25, 2018, 09:36 PM »
I'm wondering if we'll see some large scale sequel trilogy vehicles, as well as a full selection of SA figures for that trilogy? If so, I'd be tempted for sure.

^ That could be on the horizon as a future Haslab project, especially if they have a presence in EP9.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #574 on: March 26, 2018, 09:14 AM »
Could be the walker that breaks the camel's back on collecting Sequel stuff.

Were those walker supposed to be larger than the AT-AT (it looks like there's an original AT-AT in the middle there) or do they just have smaller ones as well?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 26, 2018, 09:43 AM »
The Incredible Cross Sections books actually have dimensions on the various walkers.  They're also listed over at Wookieepedia.  The AT-M6, per the book, is just over 36 meters tall.  And the AT-AT is listed at 22.5 meters tall.  During the battle on Crait it does appear that the First Order is using their own version of the AT-AT.  And those seem to be dwarfed by the AT-M6.

Given how tall walkers like the BAT-AT and AT-ACT are?  I don't know how Hasbro could feasibly package an AT-M6.  Unless they can find a way to detach the legs for assembly by the customer.  The box would just wind up being too big.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 26, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Yeah, I think if the AT-M6 ever gets made, it would need to be through Haslab, where the size of the box is less of a concern.

I'd buy one or two, then probably find myself in a feverish downward spiral of trying to track down all the SA Sequel stuff I could find.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 26, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Didn't the BAT-AT's legs need to be snapped on?  I don't think that would be an issue for packaging, snapping them on is all they'd need to do.

As for how big this thing would be... it would certainly need to dwarf the BAT-AT.  Count me in for one.

I do question the collector market for the AT-M6 though considering how divisive the sequel trilogy seems to be.  And if it were a Haslab project, it would need to be open worldwide.  No more of this US/Canada only approach. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #578 on: March 26, 2018, 01:20 PM »
I also think the AT-M6 would be a bit down the list, considering it didn't really do much in the movie. Looks cool. For me, the Resistance Bomber would be a better choice. Lots of action, play value and would be a good hefty vehicle.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 26, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Yeah, I imagine they aren't rushing them out, but if they went the Haslab route, I'd get one. General release would (I guarantee) be an absolute disappointment. The BAT-AT was such a great collector piece that unfortunately we'll never see on store shelves again.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #580 on: March 26, 2018, 03:00 PM »
The Incredible Cross Sections books actually have dimensions on the various walkers.  They're also listed over at Wookieepedia.  The AT-M6, per the book, is just over 36 meters tall.  And the AT-AT is listed at 22.5 meters tall.  During the battle on Crait it does appear that the First Order is using their own version of the AT-AT.  And those seem to be dwarfed by the AT-M6.

Given how tall walkers like the BAT-AT and AT-ACT are?  I don't know how Hasbro could feasibly package an AT-M6.  Unless they can find a way to detach the legs for assembly by the customer.  The box would just wind up being too big.

You're assuming that the AT-M6 would be to scale.  The AT-ACT is horribly underscaled.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2018, 04:46 PM »
True, I think the closest we'd get is a heavily modified BAT-AT.

To be honest, I don't understand why they made the AT-ACT a larger walker in the first place. Was the AT-AT not awesome enough for Rogue One? I didn't even realize they were different until recently. In the theatre, I assumed they were just AT-ATs with cargo areas. It's a very minor issue I take with Rogue One, but honestly I don't see the two types of walkers on the screen at the same time, so I feel like it's more a marketing thing than anything else. It's like "this walker is MOOOAAARRRRRR AWESOME!!!" Whatever.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:02 PM by LandotheScoundrel »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Wait a minute, they slightly altered something just to sell more? I'm outraged and stunned
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 26, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Wait a minute, they slightly altered something just to sell more? I'm outraged and stunned

Kind of like the Jedi (We have no possessions) Starfighter?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 26, 2018, 07:08 PM »

You're assuming that the AT-M6 would be to scale.  The AT-ACT is horribly underscaled.

I was talking about RELATIVE scale.  At least the AT-AT relative to the AT-M6...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback