Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 211191 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #615 on: April 6, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Hisstank is asking people if they'd go for a Haslab USS Flagg, but I'd hope if they do GI JOE to go with a new Terror Drome... I doubt GI JOE would get anything for a while, would depend if the new movie renews interest enough...

My son (soon to be 11) used to love GI JOE but the lack of media, and buddies who are interested in it now has zapped his interest.  He still says he wants a new Terror Drome though.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 6, 2018, 12:32 PM »
The Ghost would be great, and maybe makes the most sense, if it shows up in future TV. I'd wager a updated Skiff will hit retail next year, to go along with the Barge. A re-release of the POTF mold is possible, but let's see something new.

Love all the ideas on the transport. Probably way down the list, but I'd buy it. The next SW HasLab will be TF next year, almost certainly, and it will be something massive like the DS or so left field no one will guess. But it's fun guessing.

I would want to see a Twilight over a Ghost, I loved the design of the Twilight. Plus the Clone Wars figures were at least available, and the mains needed for the crew have even been done as realistic VC versions. They could get reissued for the occasion.

I'd also be seriously ready to go with the Rebel Transport in the Sail Barge treatment.

An $80 VOTC Skiff at retail next year would be very interesting.

My gut tells me the next thing HasLab throws at us is a Death Star Playset (as opposed to a Death Star Replica or a Death Star Modular Diorama) followed by a Blockade Runner not-to-scale vehicle.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 6, 2018, 01:15 PM »
I would absolutely be into a Ghost vehicle.  Especially if it can interact with the previously released Phantom.  But then there's the figure question.  If you release the vehicle, you're going to need to support it with some figures.  Would Hasbro make realistic Rebels figures, like they eventually did with the core characters from Clone Wars?  It's a question worth examining.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 6, 2018, 01:17 PM »
I would absolutely be into a Ghost vehicle.  Especially if it can interact with the previously released Phantom.  But then there's the figure question.  If you release the vehicle, you're going to need to support it with some figures.  Would Hasbro make realistic Rebels figures, like they eventually did with the core characters from Clone Wars?  It's a question worth examining.

I doubt it, they didn't even make that much product in the animated line... especially compared to CW.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 6, 2018, 01:32 PM »
I think Rebels is pretty much dead to Hasbro. 

IMO, the only way we'd see a Ghost would be if the made a live action movie with these characters and vehicles.  Rebels would have to have a much bigger following than it currently does.

Some items I'd love to see the big scale treatment are below, though maybe not in this particular order:

- Death Star diorama playset inspired by vintage micro collection
- Cloud City diorama playset inspired by vintage micro collection
- Hoth diorama playset inspired by vintage micro collection
- Imperial Landing platform w/ Endor bunker diorama playset
- First Order AT-M6
- Tantive IV ship/playset
- Tatooine Cantina diorama playset
- Rebel U-Wing
- Maz's Castle diorama playset
- Scarif Citadel diorama playset

...most of these obviously have zero chance of ever happening.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 6, 2018, 02:35 PM »
While I'd be down for some of these items, I'd love to see Haslab focus on figures as well to do those obscure high-demand figures that collectors would want but probably wouldn't see the light of day at retail (or heavily peg-warm).  Give us some of those Padme outfits, give us the #15, 16 17, 18, 19, et al Cantina background characters, give us Jabba's denizens and skiff/barge guys, how about the rest of the Imperial dignitaries?  Maybe give us a deluxe carbonite block with light up features? Partisans, Rebel pilots, etc.  The possibilities are endless. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #621 on: April 6, 2018, 03:13 PM »
A scale carbon-freeze chamber is a huge want for me.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 6, 2018, 03:41 PM »
I think Rebels is pretty much dead to Hasbro. 

REBELS is done from the standpoint of having current entertainment support.  I think everyone is on the same page on that.  But in the era of HasLab?  THAT type of campaign is where a project like that CAN happen, given enough fan/collector support.  That's provided Hasbro feels that there might be sufficient interest for them to put their necks out for another Star Wars HasLab campaign...

As for other large items?  It seems like there are factors that need to be taken into account:  if it's older, does it have a degree of recognition and fan interest to make it of interest now?  Otherwise, it would seem as though current entertainment support would be necessary for most larger vehicles or playsets to move forward.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 6, 2018, 09:09 PM »
I think the core problem with Rebels was that it was going up against SW films at the same time, and the 5poa approach didn't exactly enamor that many people.   I always compare it to Clone Wars, which on the other hand came out after the prequel trilogy when kids and fans were starving for more Star Wars media - Hasbro was able to give it a lot more attention too.  There's just a lot more SW media now and Rebels kind of took a back seat.

As for Haslab on Rebels items, as cool as a Ghost would be, I think there's a lot more demand for OT based ships and playsets.  Not that there's not a good following for Rebels, I just would not expect to see a Haslab effort towards trying to make that happen.  Who knows though? 

Regarding other Haslab offerings, if the target is adults then I don't think current entertainment matters too much; it's probably the degree of recognition and fan interest that matters like you mentioned.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #624 on: April 6, 2018, 11:08 PM »
if it's older, does it have a degree of recognition and fan interest to make it of interest now?
Regarding other Haslab offerings, if the target is adults then I don't think current entertainment matters too much; it's probably the degree of recognition and fan interest that matters like you mentioned.

This is how I feel too.  That's why I speculated something like the Rebel Transport.  Things that are tied to the OT, especially iconic unmade things (like the Sail Barge was) or things tied to Kenner toys (like the Rebel Transport, Death Star or Cantina playsets) seem like a higher chance to end up at HasLab where they are clearly targeting the older, adult collectors with $500 to burn.

I'm just one guy, but I'll sacrifice space in my collection room and $ from my wallet for something OT, not sure I'd pull the trigger on a Ghost or a Twilight or Kylo Ren's shuttle.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 7, 2018, 02:06 PM »
I'd LOVE a Rebel Transport. Always loved that ship.

Me too. Great combination of carrying case and playset.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 5, 2019, 04:00 PM »
Was anything learned at Toy Fair about what HasLab has in store for the next big item, or when that item was going to be announced?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #627 on: March 5, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Was anything learned at Toy Fair about what HasLab has in store for the next big item, or when that item was going to be announced?

Most of the Haslab spin seemed to indicate Hasbro was waiting for total success on the Barge (ie product shipped to backers) before doing another just for proof of concept purposes.

As for 'what's next', I've seen and heard so many rumors I don't know what to believe anymore - giant size things like a 3.75"-scale Death Star playset or 6"-scale Resistance X-Wing (to go with the TIE), all the way down to some sort of exclusive figures that don't stand a shot at retail - Cliegg Lars, background cantina aliens like Tzizvvt, or even concept stuff like Heater/Jabba, etc.

I'm selfishly hoping they stick to 3.75" Star Wars, but it would not surprise me if the next one involved 6" Star Wars or another line entirely (Marvel, GI Joe, etc). 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 5, 2019, 08:35 PM »
If I had to put money on the next Haslab project, I would look at the Transformers team.  Steve Evans just moved over to that unit within the past couple of months, and he seemed to be shepherding the Sail Barge.  So why not have him explore the Haslab concept with the Transformers IP?

My guess for a Transformers Haslab offering?  A very SIZABLE Unicron.  I think that would be an amazing item to offer through Haslab.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 6, 2019, 09:24 AM »
I wouldn't be a buyer, but if it's GI Joe, make it a USS Flagg.