Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35271 times)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2008, 11:34 AM »
heheh I guess I should have read the date and comments on that link.... oh well.

Did anyone get a Palpatine kinda feel from the way Davros was portrayed in the episode? I liked it, even though I was a fan of angry sputtering Davros, this was cool too.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2008, 07:28 PM »
OMG! I can not believe that! I guess it all totally makes sense with what we know. That is a huge cliff hanger. Nothing like a complete reboot on three shows!

I got that feeling too about Davros. He's Palpatine to the red Dalak's Vader.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:29 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Doctor Who returns to PBS!

My wife and I were flipping around the stations last night at 9PM when we landed on the very opening of the were-wolf episode. I was very excited since PBS is where Doctor Who all began for me.

Oh yeah, here's a teaser for next week. You have to scroll down a little now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:51 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 5, 2008, 12:45 PM »
So before we see who the 11th Doctor will be tonight, anyone want to take a guess? Is the Doctor going to be a woman? Sure would mess up Rose. Is it going to be the 10th Doctor (via the use of the hand?) Or is he going to be...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 6, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Well, Journey's End was certainly a great wrap up, but they did cheese out on the cliffhanger. Not that they didn't explain it all well, but it certainly changed the tone of the episode. Loved the ending scene in the TARDIS. It's cool to find out new information about it. All post more thoughts once people have gotten a chance to see it.

One problem though for those of you waiting to see it on Sci-Fi, they're cutting 20 minutes from it. >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 7, 2008, 01:28 PM »
It was a great wrap up to the series. Devros was definately doing a impression of the Emporer the entire time. Good twist at the end. I like the insane Dalek. Rose got her "Doctor" back after all. The Donna arc is now complete. No need to see her again. This makes me wonder if Jack is going to stay on Torchwood or not. This conclusion didn't setup anything for his departure.

I thought it was funny how they stole the Delek weapon idea from Ender's Game. Didn't Ender use a weapon that broke the bonds of atoms to kill off the buggers?

I wonder what 20 minutes they are removing? Gotta have those commericals.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2008, 01:34 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 8, 2008, 09:43 AM »
This makes me wonder if Jack is going to stay on Torchwood or not. This conclusion didn't setup anything for his departure.

Didn't he basically ask Martha to join Torchwood?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 8, 2008, 10:32 AM »
I do remember that.

It's funny. I've been reading some of the Doctor Who forums about the finalie. It got pretty mixed reviews. Some people didn't like having all the other spinoff characters in the show. They thought it was confusing for those that didn't watch Torchwood or SJA and wondering who all these people were. Of course if they watched the last four seasons they should know who these people were.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #83 on: July 8, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Just got back from vacation where there was no internet. LOVED IT. Loved the regeneration bit. The hand and Donna was interesting as well. I do feel sad after I watched it all the way through now. He's alone again even after everyone was with him for that brief time.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Thank you, youtube!

I had never actually seen any of the McCoy area seasons. Took a little detective work, but people have posted the entire area. In fact, they've gone through the trouble of uploading every complete story of the classic series.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Do you have a link to those shows?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Good find anton, I had been watching said videos on youtube before they got deleted before. Make sure you use the youtube download tool and download those videos unless you wanna go through 155 gigs of a torrent just for the first 5 doctors :(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Just finished watching Genesis of the Dalaks. Good story but kind of long and slow. Maybe I'm use to the manic pace of the new show. Davros sure does sound like a Dalak when he's get mad. So do some of the nazi guys. My question is, why does Davros keep hitting the same button on his control panel? Pretty lame how the Doctor talks himself out of blowing up all the Dalaks because the fear and suffering they will spread throughtout the galaxy will bring worlds together in peace. What kind of reasoning is this? So billions have to die so people are forced to work together against a common threat? Wouldn't they have a better life than banning together in fear. He knew what kind of death they would spread but he when all European pacifist on us instead.

The best moment is when the Doctor comes screaming out of the room where they are growing Dalaks with three of them stuck to his face! Best quote is "My foot is stuck in a giant clam!".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:41 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Do you have a link to those shows?

They go by show number. Time and the Rani is 147p (p stands for part.) The rest are sequential.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Just finished watching the McCoy series. McCoy was certainly a decent Doctor, but the first two seasons were kind of light. The third and final season though, wow. Not ground-breaking or anywhere near modern production values, but they really changed the tone and wrote some really interesting and darkish stories - a pleasant surprise.