Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35270 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2008, 01:14 AM »
Sonic screwdriver
DO WANT

edit: link fixed
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:48 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2008, 09:31 AM »
I stopped by the EFX booth at Comic-con and they had some Doctor who props they were getting ready to produce. The difference is, the guy who works with this company (who I talked with for about ten minutes) actually build the original props for the show, including the sonic screwdriver, laser screwdriver, Cyberman helmet and a full size Davros bust. Their Sonic screw driver, which is amazing, costs about $200 and will be available in November.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Yah, thats Prolly either Chris or Neill. The 2 guys who are filling in the details for the guys at RPF. It looks like the SS wont have a Slide like the actual prop. As the Art team always wanted us at home to think it extended automatically, they are having the EFX guys make it a spring loaded mechanism. There will still be Sound and Lights. And this prop is accurate to the Tennant Prop, the Eccleston Prop has a few varying features and uses red and black wires instead of yellow.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33 AM »
Star Wars Action News has an interview with eFX in one of their recent podcasts.  eFX said they were having a bit of a problem with the sonic screwdriver getting sound components into it.  However, the BBC said that they would use eFX's prop in the show if everything gets fixed.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Does Arnie still make the annoying whinning sound? "But I NNNEEEDDDD IT!" His wife needs to slap him more often.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:12 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Star Wars Action News has an interview with eFX in one of their recent podcasts.  eFX said they were having a bit of a problem with the sonic screwdriver getting sound components into it.  However, the BBC said that they would use eFX's prop in the show if everything gets fixed.

Which would mean We would all have exact screen accurate props :P
Its like startrek apparently. The guys at RPF said that the New Startrek all used the toys right out of the box for their phasers. So the toy is screen accurate.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 1, 2008, 06:18 AM »
Does Arnie still make the annoying whinning sound? "But I NNNEEEDDDD IT!" His wife needs to slap him more often.  ;)

I don't think he has used that one for a while...you can always check the backlog of episodes.  They had great coverage of SDCC...2 hour+ podcast.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Next season for the Doctor is 2010.
2008-2009 is 4 specials, the christmas show, the Red Nose Day in Nov, and the Prom (already on YOUTUBE).

Christmas is Victorian England with Cybermen and Cybermats. And Gold Cybermen.
The PROM was a concert being conducted by a Dalek and a Cybermen with Davros and a 10 minute Dr. Who show.

The last special of the 4 will bring back the time lords (the Master) and reset everything to status quo pre-R.T. Davis (as per Davis wish).

Sarah Jane gets Sontarans this series

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Don't know if I wanted to read that.  :P

I'll have to take everything as it goes. The Time Lord/Time War story really made the series, I'd hate to see it go.

Incidentally, my wife pointed out something I had forgotten when we finished up the 4th season. We know that there's a logical chance that Martha will end up on Torchwood, replacing Owen, but I had forgotten that Micky knows a thing or two about computers. Will he replace Tosh?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2008, 01:01 PM »
I can't remember. Did Mickey stay in this world or go back with Doctor/Donna and Rose?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure he stayed in this world.  Didn't he run off to catch up with Captain Jack (or was it Martha?) at the end of that last episode?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Didn't he run off to catch up with Captain Jack (or was it Martha?) at the end of that last episode?

E...

Yes, he did.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2008, 10:18 AM »
I just hang out with a buddy who say Hamlet (with Patrick Stewart and David Tennant) last week. He said it was awesome. I'm so jealous.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2008, 10:18 AM »
That does sound like fun!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Sad news, Tennant is stepping down.  :'(
Yahoo news.