Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35269 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Doctor Who
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:09 PM »
I just finished watching the first episode of series 4 of Doctor Who. (Partners in Crime). I guess Voyage of the Damned (episode 0) premieres tonight on SciFi. This one is a pretty silly episode about weight loss pills that make the fat literally walk away. It reminds me of the first Sara Jane Adventure about the soda pop with secret ingredient Bane. Catherine Tate is back and seems to be much toned down from series 3's Christmas special even though her mom is really annoying. There is pretty funny moment when the Doctor sees Tate again. All I kept thinking was Run away Doctor! Run away! Big suprise at the ending that we kind of talked about in the Torchwood thread.

It's good to have the Doctor back.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:30 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:25 PM »
I quite enjoyed the episode and agree that CT had been much toned down and looks like she's going to be very good.  I've got the next episode in my top 10 of all Whos (classic and new) although I know some people will hate it. Tate was even better and appears to be able to keep the Doctor on the right track morally.  Ood are in Ep 3 tomorrow night - nice to see the US is much closer to our (the UK's) transmission dates this series.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:48 AM »
I didn't care for Partners in Crime too much, but the Fires of Pompeii is quite good. Will be looking for the Ood episode on-line today.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:31 PM »
I've seen every episode that has premiered so far. Check out VEOH.com
Pompeii was really really good. I can't wait till tomorrow when they upload episode 3, Actually it may get uploaded late tonight :o. Hopefully.

Adam

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Ood were on a few hours ago...another very good episode.  Would be interested to hear what you guys think of the Ood's "prediction" at the end of the ep when you see it.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 12:56 AM »
Watching it now, its up on veoh now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Caught the Ood episode, another very good one. Really looking forward to the Santarans next week, though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Just finished the Planet of the Ood. Great episode just like the last one. Few questions. What did the Ood mean by the Doctor's song is coming to end? Do you think the four revealed Cylons are hearing the Ood's song? And what is with the bees disappearing? Is the bee thing a reoccuring thing like the "Bad Wolf" to be revealed in the final episode?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 12:01 AM »
Have they mentioned the bees thing before?? I thought that was the first time.
Well there are only 2 regens left for the doctor, so if you think about it, his song is coming to an end. :-\

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:10 AM »
Well there are only 2 regens left for the doctor, so if you think about it, his song is coming to an end. :-\

Don't forget the Master outlived his number of regenerations.  He was on his last one back in the Tom Baker years...and must have had at least three since then.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:25 AM »

Don't forget the Master outlived his number of regenerations.  He was on his last one back in the Tom Baker years...and must have had at least three since then.

There was something about him cheating in the American movie. The Doctor was bringing his remains back to Gallifrey and somehow, after he stole Eric Roberts body, he was using the eye of harmony to reset himself. I think. It's been a while.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 10:43 AM »
That sounds right. The Master cheated and reset his lives. Isn't the last regen of the Doctor suppost to make him evil?

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 03:34 PM »
He's supposed to turn evil somewhere between life 12 and 13 (according to Trial of a Time Lord)  I'm not sure that the 12 regeneration thing applies in the new series, I don't think it's been mentioned.  The Doctor's age certainly doesn't tie up with the classic series as the 7th doc was 953 when he started his reign.  The time lords reset the Master's lives so I suppose anything is possible and during the classic series he got by with stealing bodies!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Yah that was the plot for that 90's movie, I watched it about 4 months ago on youtube.

Speaking of old series, I have only seen the first 10 stories with the very first doctor. I believe I got to the sensorites. Then they all got deleted. Sidereel hasn't updated them and I can't seem to find them anywhere. DVDs/videos are not available in stores or on ebay. Anybody have an idea where I could watch these.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 07:25 AM »
Yah that was the plot for that 90's movie, I watched it about 4 months ago on youtube.

Speaking of old series, I have only seen the first 10 stories with the very first doctor. I believe I got to the sensorites. Then they all got deleted. Sidereel hasn't updated them and I can't seem to find them anywhere. DVDs/videos are not available in stores or on ebay. Anybody have an idea where I could watch these.

It might be impossible to hunt them all down.  The BBC accidently erased a lot of shows containing the first two or three Doctors.

As for the Master, he was on Regeneration #13 in the Tom Baker years and was decaying essentially.  He took over someones body in one episode.  I forget who it was, but he had black hair and a goatee.  He kept that persona at least through Tommy Davidson...and maybe Colin Baker.  I'm not sure if he was in any of the Sylvester McCoy episodes.  In the movie on Fox, the Master was only shown in shadows at the beginning and was executed by the Daleks, then as mentioned in a post above, his ashes and essence took over someone else's body.  A little weird since both bodies he took over were not Galifreyians.