Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35282 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #45 on: June 1, 2008, 01:01 PM »
That's the word I was looking for. I mean Child in the fireplace was not exactly frightening, however it was written very well. This just didn't really do it for me. And whats up with the chick who travelled with the doctor, it's such a weird little story twist, I don't think it was needed.

Adam

EDIT: have any of you seen this mini-episode TIME CRASH
« Last Edit: June 1, 2008, 01:06 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 2, 2008, 09:25 AM »
And whats up with the chick who travelled with the doctor, it's such a weird little story twist, I don't think it was needed.

On the contrary, that's the type of thing they never do that they should have been doing since day two. Gives the show a Lost vibe and something to build toward. Plus, it means we'll see more of Alex Kingston.

Have seen Time Crash, though. Fun. Do you know that the doctor's daughter is Peter Davidson's Daughter?

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #47 on: June 2, 2008, 06:49 PM »
yup

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 5, 2008, 04:53 PM »
I like the part where Alex shows her sonic screwdriver and says "Snap!". That's just like when the Doctor meet the 5th Doctor in Time Crash. Fun episode there expectally having Donna "Saved" at the end.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #49 on: June 5, 2008, 08:08 PM »
The new DW has always been kind of mixed. I think this is the weakest season overall. I am enjoying "Silence in the Library" but I agree that Stephen Moffatt has done better. I can't wait to see what happens next series, now that he's the head writer.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 8, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Forrest of the Dead, absolutely a satisfying ending. Nice build up. Still, not as cool as Blink, but proves that Moffat is a cut above just about every writer on the planet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Definate satisfying ending for episode 9. I like the idea of everyone being saved to the hard drive just like Scotty on Star Trek. The little girl IS the computer and Song knowing the Doctor's name and the Doctor "saved" her. Good stuff.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2008, 09:51 PM »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised with Midnight. Not bad for a small budget episode.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 10:45 PM »
Good little episode. It reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode Nightmare at 20,000 feet and that episode where the martians turned off the power to a neightborhood and watched the people kill each other. Good little shot of Rose. Is that music video they were playing one of Billie Pippers? The voice thing gets a little annoying after a while.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 12:33 AM »
OMFG BEST ENDING EVER. Episode was a little boring, but sets up for episodes with the Torchwood and Sarah jane characters. ITS GONNA BE EPIC

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Indeed!
I have never seen the Jarah Jane Chronicals (or whatever her show was called) so some of the characters that they showed must have been supporting cast from that? Epic indeed! Grand crossover, daleks, davros (that had to be him laughing), rhino dudes, destruction of biblical proportions, dog and cats living together, mass hysteria!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I nearly wet myself watching the preview. The next weeks are going to be awesome!

I actually liked last nights episode. Nice set up for things to come.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2008, 05:57 PM »
It should be considering this is a complete reset of all three shows. The BBC has pretty much fired everyone in production and put Steven Moffat in charge. We are going to see a huge change as Who goes into hiatus and Torchwood and SJA try to fill the void.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07 AM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:08 AM by Darth_Anton »