Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35382 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2009, 01:59 PM »
The new Doctor (Matt Smith) and his new companion (Karen Gillan)

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Waters of Mars aired last night in Britain. I was pretty decent, but obviously a set up episode for the last two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27 PM »
Very cool. Someone at work is making me a dvd with it.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #138 on: January 2, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Great Final episode, but I'm so sad. Seeing David go was not what I would have wished for. He was my first Doctor, and I know that no one can fill his shoes.
Allons y Doctor, see yah in the next series.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #139 on: January 2, 2010, 06:53 PM »
So much I want to say about this episode but would involve spoilers...
I do think it was the most emotional regeneration I have seen (I never saw episodes where 1st or 2nd doctors regenerated...so I don't have those for comparison.)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 5, 2010, 09:59 AM »
I watched the first half on youtube last night. Good story so far. I'll watch the second half tonight.

It's an interesting story how this all came to be. It seems when Tennent came to RTD about taking the year off to work for the Royal Shakespeare company, RTD told him it wouldn't be a problem. They would just make a series of specials and then it would be back to business as usual. Unfortunately, RTD never told the BBC about this. He was, at the same time, telling the BBC about gearing up for a sixth season. Unforunately, the BBC was counting on a sixth season of Doctor Who. They had already sold the advertising and DVD rights and were counting on the extra revenue for the show. This made the BBC extreemly mad. They fired the entire production staff and writers of the show. (the same production staff worked on Torchwood) Today, everyone still works for the BBC but has been exhiled to places outside of London. RTD still works for the BBC but as a BBCA writer. Unfortunately the BBCA doesn't produce anything so he is stuck in limbo. Tennant didn't want to leave the show but was forced out by the BBC.

Finally, the ending of the second part of the show was changed. That is not the original ending that RTD filmed with Tennant. The BBC went back and had Stephen Moffet rewrite the ending. RTD is mad that his show didn't end the way he originally wrote it.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2010, 10:00 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 6, 2010, 01:48 AM »
Finished the second part. Did you guys notice the Star Wars references in it? Two ball laser turrets on the space ship? The cantina with Captain Jack?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I actually thought the "end of time" was a mess. Pretty disappointed overall. I just don't think they ever got the Master down right with John Simm.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 6, 2010, 12:22 AM »
Did you catch first show of the new series 5 of Doctor Who? What do you think of the new Doctor?

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 6, 2010, 04:51 PM »
I liked the new guy, he took a little bit of getting used to but overall I really enjoyed the performance. It's shaping up to be a pretty good season by the look of it.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2010, 09:42 AM »
I finally got a chance to watch the new episode last night.  I think Smith did a good job...he feels like the Doctor.  I also like the Amy Pond character, I think she will make a good companion.

I liked the continuity bit at the end where they showed the ten previous Doctors.  A nice call back to the Christmas special as well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I kept waiting for Doctor Who to come back to Sci-Fi SyFy, but I guess at this point that's not happening since it's playing on BBC America?  I may have to track down the seasons on DVD and catch up on this show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I kept waiting for Doctor Who to come back to Sci-Fi SyFy, but I guess at this point that's not happening since it's playing on BBC America?  I may have to track down the seasons on DVD and catch up on this show.

E...

I don't think SyFy will be getting the series back...they didn't even get the series of specials to end Tennant's run.  I was surprised they got in over BBC America in the first place since Torchwood was on BBC America.  I guess the internet is probably the only place where we can see the second and third series of the Sarah Jane show either.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2010, 03:49 PM »
In the second series of Sara Jane, didn't they get rid of all the kids and replace them with other actors?

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2010, 08:18 AM »
In the second series of Sara Jane, didn't they get rid of all the kids and replace them with other actors?

That is what I have read...they may have replaced them with other kids.  I know they replaced both the girl across the street and her dad.  I think they may have replaced the other kid that hung out with them.  Sarah's son did remain in the show.  Tennant did a guest appearance in Season 3 and Smith is supposed to do a guest spot in Season 4.