Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2008  (Read 22913 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2008
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 09:02 PM »
From the comic-con site:

The Clone Wars Yoda Character Key
Introducing Jedi Master YODA, the first in Acme Archives' new Character Key TM Line from the upcoming Lucasfilm Animated Series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  This individually numbered piece features the animated version of Yoda from the new animated television series The Clone wars.  This key is complete with character statistics and a reference color key.

$35.00. Production Run: 750.

Me likey & me wants. For those that are going, if you can hook me up with one I will be very grateful. PLMK.  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 10:34 PM »
More news on the Yoda key at the ACME Blog.

It will be an edition of 750 pieces (  I know I know, but hey, it’s better than 500 for Sidious) and will retail for $35.00

As I am sure you are aware with the release of Roron Corobb, we have officially wrapped up the original Clone Wars line (fyi keep a look out for a very very special announcement about this line in the next couple weeks).  This YODA key marks the beginning of a new line of Character Keys for Acme, and I think you will agree that it should be another fun line to collect.

We wanted to start this line the same way our first character key line began, with Yoda, and as a Convention Exclusive.  The upside this time around is that it’s only 1 per customer.  And hey what’s the fun of collecting, if there aren’t a few that are really hard to get?!

We will be putting this one up for Presale to be be picked up at the Show, this should help alleviate the long lines as well as the annoying Exhibitors who like to pounce on exclusives before the regular crowd gets into the freaking show.  Try as they might, SDCC has still not figured out a 100% fool proof method of stopping this.

We will also be releasing a small amount to non attendees on July 24th, first Full Day of SDCC, so for all of you not going- keep that date in mind.

And my final last little tidbit of news…. We will be debuting another STAR WARS Character Key at the Con.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 05:30 PM »
 Anybody going, is there going to be a gathering?. the San Diego Star Wars Society has a diner the night before at a restaurant near by anybody interested?...
He's no good to me open

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 3, 2008, 02:16 AM »
Just a reminder for those that rae attending SDCC, Acme will be making the Yoda character key and the Obi-Wan character key available to pre-order for pickup for Comic Con attendees.

Follow the linky for the preorder: PREORDER FOR PICKUP

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #19 on: July 3, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Just a reminder for those that rae attending SDCC, Acme will be making the Yoda character key and the Obi-Wan character key available to pre-order for pickup for Comic Con attendees.

Follow the linky for the preorder: PREORDER FOR PICKUP

i think i just ordered your key, i don't know how to order these things. i did get an email from them with  confirmation#...
He's no good to me open

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 3, 2008, 02:56 PM »
The e-mail with confirmation # should be good, just remember to take your email receipt or picture id for pick up at there booth.

Did you get Yoda & Obi?

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #21 on: July 4, 2008, 01:59 AM »
yes i got the two do you want them both. i dont want them, just got them for anybody here...
He's no good to me open

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 4, 2008, 02:05 AM »
Yes, both if I can. Man do I owe you, thanks man.   

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2008, 04:18 PM »
I just need one exclusive from SDCC:

Diamond Select Toys:
"Valley of Darkness" SDCC Exclusive Cylon

New SDCC Exclusive Cylon!

Get ready for a Cylon invasion at this July's San Diego Comic Con because Diamond Select Toys has unveiled plans for an exclusive "Valley of Darkness" Cylon Centurion!  Based on the bloody second season episode, these nonstop murderous machines are sure to make a killing!

Only available at the Diamond Select Toys booth (#2607) during this year's San Diego Comic Con, the "Valley of Darkness" Cylon features a bloody hand-print from one of Galactica's crew members unlucky enough to encounter the rampaging Cylon Centurions.  Intent on destroying the ship by any means necessary, these Cylon Centurions have only one thing on their mechanical minds...

Sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios, this spectacular release features an awe-inspiring level of detail - including working piston joints and an astonishing 20 points of articulation.  The "Valley of Darkness" Cylon Centurion will retail for $16.  Stay tuned for more news and updates as the San Diego Comic Con approaches!

If anyone could help me out with this one so I can avoid eBay I'd greatly appreciate it, and I'll throw a little finder's fee your way. Thanks a lot! :)
« Last Edit: July 6, 2008, 04:25 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 10:16 AM »
Well add me to the list of beggars as well.

I'm in need of the Halo exclusive set. (Hellspartan and Active Camo CQB)

see here:
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3696
and here:
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3697

These are being sold together, not seperately.

I'll will most definitely pay in advance so there is no cost to you. I'll pay for shipping as well and as a thankyou spot you a $20. Enough to get you a lunch or possible a con exclusive.

It hasn't yet been announced how these are going to be sold. I'm hoping pre-order through their site, then you just walk up with your printout for the order and pick it up.

PLEASE for the love of all that is good (and maybe not so good...) help me out here. <--enough begging yet?

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 12:38 PM »
The only exclusives I really can't live without are the Gree and Idol Mighty Muggs.

I will pay back anyone who can hook me up with these, plus extra. PM me if you're going and can help out. Thanks!

My JD Feedback
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:39 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Well add me to the list of beggars as well.

I'm in need of the Halo exclusive set. (Hellspartan and Active Camo CQB)

see here:
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3696
and here:
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3697

These are being sold together, not seperately.

I'll will most definitely pay in advance so there is no cost to you. I'll pay for shipping as well and as a thankyou spot you a $20. Enough to get you a lunch or possible a con exclusive.

It hasn't yet been announced how these are going to be sold. I'm hoping pre-order through their site, then you just walk up with your printout for the order and pick it up.

PLEASE for the love of all that is good (and maybe not so good...) help me out here. <--enough begging yet?

-Sal

They will be handing out tickets which have a code that will allow you to order them online. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 10:43 AM »
This one is for solrac & anyone else that preordered the keys for pick up. From Morly at RS:

Hey Guys,

OK, well, we've been keeping a little quiet about this up until now, but the time seems right. Here's the deal:

Everyone who goes to the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con and purchases a character key (any property) will receive a ticket. You'll get one ticket for every key you buy. And, yes, if you pre-ordered a Yoda and/or Kenobi, you will get your tickets when you pick up your keys (non-attendees will not be eligible for the contest...sorry, but there has to be some privilege/benefit involved with actually attending the convention!). At the end of the convention, we will draw a ticket and post that winning number on our website and on our blog at forums, etc. The person with that ticket will then send it to us at Acme for verification and to claim the prize...it's one worth playing for...

The winner will receive an entire set of the original Clone Wars character keys. We have pulled from different sources and have gathered all 16 of them, so the numbers won't match, a few keys will be proofs (one an unnumbered proof), but they are all authentic keys!

Good luck to everyone!

-Morly

That is one hell of prize!  :o

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 04:26 PM »
I will try to get everyones requests at the con, but my wife will be popping a baby out at around that weekend i cant promise. I will go pick up what Ive pre ordered because i dont have to wait in line for that. if you can post all needs on wendsday that will help me out.

please only post if you are going to take this stuff off my hands as i still have about 6 r2-KT and a few shadow bikerscout that people wanted and changed there minds...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:28 PM by solrac »
He's no good to me open

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 12:37 PM »
well sdcc week is finally here!  once again my funds are low this year, and the clonewar launch on top of it this time around. not sure i can even afford all the exclusives :/ We were lucky enough to get into the marriott right next door so that's really helpful.

any other JD'ers attending? maybe i'll see ya around. The starwars trivia event on friday is pretty fun. i won a round last year. :)