Author Topic: Galaxies: Who's in? Who's out? Who cares?  (Read 19212 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Galaxies: Who's in? Who's out? Who cares?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 11:35 AM »
In, In and IN.

I'm absolutely addicted.  Anyone from this site is welcome to hit me up online, and join a mission party or something.

I'm still factionless and neutral, which is my plan until I achieve master of something. I'm heading towards Bounty Hunter or Commando. But right now I have too much artisan/medic going on to master either...and I'm hard pressed to give it up.

Character:

Joshta Ran
Planet: Naboo, home city Theed.
Currently located:  Naboo
Server Starsider.

I also have "JoshEEE" (of course) on another server, but I'm not working on him much.
Got Clones?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 06:18 PM »
Damn Galaxies. I can't log on today.

Anyone else?
Got Clones?

Offline vinal-cape

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2003, 07:45 PM »
Sounds like a fun game but i wish you didn't have to play online.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #18 on: October 2, 2003, 08:34 AM »
Well, I got this game last week it is really cool,  I play on Chilastra Server... if anyone ever want to chat or group let me know, of corse my name on Game is "Valtar"  I bet you know what faction im going to be too!  :P  Long live the Stormtrooper.  ;D

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2003, 02:02 AM »
A bunch of us (the uber-hardcore) from work just migrated from Eclipse over to Wanderhome, where it's nice and quiet, and there's a strong Imperial presence. We're starting fresh to make a cool player city and swoop gang (when ridables release).

Offline Darth Ghidorah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2003, 06:53 PM »
A bunch of us (the uber-hardcore) from work just migrated from Eclipse over to Wanderhome, where it's nice and quiet, and there's a strong Imperial presence. We're starting fresh to make a cool player city and swoop gang (when ridables release).

Well, since this post is old, have you ever run into anyone named Islac??

I was co-leader of his guild, but my account is out so now I am trying a devious plot of buying a game card.  :P

Large Imp presence? Then again alot could've changed since September 27.  ;)
You suck at life.

Ewoks own you.

Offline RogueJedi

• Youngling
  • Gabba Gabba Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Recently quit my accout on SWG. Im a huge SW fan and it seemed to me that playing SWG was just Galactica with a SW name. The first few months I played I had the Star-Warsy feel to it, but as the XP and grinding took precidence over SW npc's and fun quests, I quit.

All in all, a amazing RPG.

But a horrible SW RPG :)

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 3, 2004, 02:54 AM »
I'm most certainly am in. Just got to wait till I get my own comp which I am working right now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Anyone left playing this game?

If so, you may be interested in this:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swgalaxies_ep3/

The second paid expansion is being added in May 2005 - Rage of the Wookiees.

Seems to be adding a lot of Episode 3 content to the game, which makes perfect sense for a game "based" on the era between Ep 4 and Ep5.   ::)

Of course, with all the Jedi running around in this game, it may as well be a prequel era game anyway...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2005, 08:11 PM »
I've been curious to go back into the game and see if the content has improved any. Coming back to it after Warcraft doesn't give me much hope, however.

Offline Pliscken

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!..NO IM NOT!! ARE 2!..hehe R2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 3, 2005, 06:45 AM »
I am IN IN AND IN! I say it 3 times becuase i have 3 accounts, i love the game LOVE it. I dont think any big time star wars fans..especially you older ones should be caught with out it.
I am 13 days from JEDI yay!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 01:08 PM »
hey, i have been considering getting back into galaxies and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the game is these days? i haven't played for about a year and a half, is it better or worse, still the same amount of people on line, still the same fees, any easier to become a jedi, still a fun game? just curious, thanks!

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 03:21 PM »
hey, i have been considering getting back into galaxies and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the game is these days? i haven't played for about a year and a half, is it better or worse, still the same amount of people on line, still the same fees, any easier to become a jedi, still a fun game? just curious, thanks!

erik

Hey Erik!   I'm new to JD so I just found this thread.. amazing that the post before yours was back in 2005.   I'm still playing SWG (or at least paying $15/mo to LA for the priviledge to play if I want to) and things are quite different.   First off, of course, is the retooled "classes"  You have only like 9 professions now and you can ONLY do one of them.   My Master Rifle/Master Sword has gone into Bounty Hunting and is having a decent time.   Combat has been totally retooled-  it's "almost" 1st person shooter style... no longer can you just tab/target an enemy.. you have to move the targeting reticle so that it's over the creature (hard to do on small things like Baz Nitches imho).   You can actually start as a Jedi now- it's one of the professions.     I think the changes have caused players to leave in droves but there seems to be an influx of new players and players coming back to the game after 1-2 year hiatus (like yourself).
   I recommend "trying" it out to see whether you like it or not.    If you're character still exists (which it really should), you will be able to convert your current experience to any of the professions.. .and you have a number of "respecs" (10 I think) that you can use to jump from profession to profession and then use your last respec to go back the profession you like best.    Also, you can now have 2 simultaneous characters per server.  For details about the New Gaming Experience check out the website or the SOE forums.   I'm still having fun.. for me, it's a matter of not having time, not lack of enjoyment.

Good luck.. and lmk what you think.. and what server you're on.  I'm on Bria- Na-Weobo

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Hey, Im downloading the trial as I type, anybody still playing,
 I'd like to see if anyone wants to play,and show me the ropes.
 Are servers changable, like on certain games you can go from server to server, or is this a fixed server thing?? 

See you in cyber space.

Adam

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 11:46 PM »
I downloaded the trial too, but it says every name is taken, any advice?
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!