Author Topic: Indiana Jones on TV  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones on TV
« on: May 6, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Although, like Star Wars, we all have these on DVD most likely - I just wanted to pass along that USA is showing the three original Indy movies this weekend.  From what our cable box tells me, they are playing all three this Saturday, in reverse order (with Raiders last on Saturday night).  If there are any other Indy airings, specials, etc., I thought it might be a good place to post them if anyone is interested.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones on TV
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Although, like Star Wars, we all have these on DVD most likely - I just wanted to pass along that USA is showing the three original Indy movies this weekend.  From what our cable box tells me, they are playing all three this Saturday, in reverse order (with Raiders last on Saturday night).  If there are any other Indy airings, specials, etc., I thought it might be a good place to post them if anyone is interested.

You mean USA is showing EDITED versions of the movie. Like we are going to see a burning heard in Mola Rom's hand, Donovan rapidly aging, or a Nazi bad guy getting hit with a propeller on an airplane!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Wasnt sure where to post this but i saw Raiders of the Lost Brick last night on cartoon network and it was pretty cool. I think i may actually like it better than revenge of the brick. I hope it gets released somewhere on DVD like revenge of the brick did.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:48 PM »
SciFi is going to be playing all three movies in order this Saturday. I believe Raiders starts at 4 pm Eastern.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:13 PM »
They actually did show the burning heart thumping in his hand.  They also showed the decapitated head rolling out in the Last Crusade.  I had a fun time watching most of Temple of Doom and Last Crusade with my 5 year old niece and 7 year old nephew Saturday evening.  Heck even my 3 year old came in at one point and applauded after Indy chopped the bridge in two.  Then he yelled "Indy is gonna beat those bad guys!!!"  My niece did bury her head into my chest during the heart ripping out seen.  But that was partly my doing since I told her to shut her eyes if she got scared.  But they seemed to love the movies and wanted their dad to buy the whole set.  Indy lives on I guess.  It was too late to watch ROTLA.  Quite frankly one and half Indy movies is probably too much for kids that young.  But they were having a good time it seemed like. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Wasnt sure where to post this but i saw Raiders of the Lost Brick last night on cartoon network and it was pretty cool. I think i may actually like it better than revenge of the brick. I hope it gets released somewhere on DVD like revenge of the brick did.  ;D

I forgot that was on Saturday night, I wanted to try and catch it.  Do you know if it is being replayed, or is online at this point?