Author Topic: Droid Fighter - repaint  (Read 5909 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Droid Fighter - repaint
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Ok, so besides starwars stuffs, I also build and paint gundam models.
Well I had been thinking about repainting a starwars ship and decided it was time to give one a go.
I opted for the droid fighter because I figured if I crapped it, its easily replaced.

Anyways onto the pics
Here's our subject

Here we are primed and the gaps along the front and rear filled and sanded back

Here we are with a very very close to finished piece.

Came out pretty good, I've since added some chrome paint to the front guns.
Not sure if I'm going to weather it or leave it as a fighter straight off the assembly line.

Anyway what you guys think? should I try a bigger ship?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Droid Fighter - repaint
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 02:20 AM »
Hands down try something bigger Hemish...  Go for the A-Wing as it's fairly inexpensive, insanely accurate, and detailed.  Definitely go for that one IMO.  Maybe a little less damaged/used red squad fighter.

There's an Estes model rocket Droid Fighter I wish I could get my hands on...  It's bigger, to-scale to figures, and I'd love to get ahold of it and cast it for use with figures.   :-\  Try my hand at a bunch of paintjobs like yours then!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Fighter - repaint
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Wow! Nice job. Better than Hasbro.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."