Author Topic: 2008 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 29915 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: 2008 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I just wish they did Blu-rays.  Maybe they'll come out with Blu-Box next.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 2, 2008, 10:42 PM »
I pre-ordered TDK. I'm scared it might get sold-out in store.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 2, 2008, 11:14 PM »
Has anyone on here discovered Redbox dvd rental machines yet?  They've been around a while, but we just got them in our town.  Very cool...swipe your debit card, pick a movie, machine spits it out.  $1.00 a day, and the best part is you can return the disc to ANY Redbox location.  The discs have a chip on them so they're identified with your account and the machines are networked...at least that's how I assume it works.

A buddy of mine uses that thing all the time.  One time we were on our way home from somewhere and he had to stop off and drop a movie off that his girlfriend had rented.  He asked me to run in drop it off. 

There were 3 people in line, and you can't just put it in... you have to push some buttons first, so I had to wait.

It took me over 20 minutes to return the movie.

Right there I swore never to use that thing.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 3, 2008, 10:59 AM »
I pre-ordered TDK. I'm scared it might get sold-out in store.

It won't.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #124 on: November 3, 2008, 11:05 AM »
I heard they're only making 10,000 copies of The Dark Knight DVD and it's exclusive to K-Mart and it's fullscreen only.

NO SALE, WARNER BROS!!!!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 3, 2008, 01:55 PM »
I heard they're only making 10,000 copies of The Dark Knight DVD and it's exclusive to K-Mart and it's fullscreen only.

NO SALE, WARNER BROS!!!!

That's the one with the chase gold batarang instead of the normal silver one.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 8, 2008, 05:46 PM »
What's up with the break on release dates?  Saw plenty of Kungfu Panda out today and saw plenty of both SW Trilogies out a week early.  What happened to Tuesdays?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 8, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Kung Fu Panda was scheduled for tomorrow anyway but I saw it at Target today as well.  The SW sets broke the street date at Target by almost a week in some places.  I'm not exactly sure what's going on lately.

Wish they'd broken Tuesday's street date on the Clone Wars movie, I'd be watching it right now!  ;D

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 9, 2008, 02:57 PM »

Wish they'd broken Tuesday's street date on the Clone Wars movie, I'd be watching it right now!  ;D

E...

The "movie" holds nothing compared to the episodes on CartoonNetwork.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 9, 2008, 03:08 PM »
Kung Fu Panda was scheduled for tomorrow anyway but I saw it at Target today as well.  The SW sets broke the street date at Target by almost a week in some places.  I'm not exactly sure what's going on lately.

E...

I had KFP on my list as a weird Friday release - I'm not sure where I got it from, but it caught my eye the other day when I went to see what was coming out.  I saw the DVD at every store I went into yesterday, but there was no sign of the Blu-ray yet.  So, I think it was released already.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I noticed that Kung Fu Panda was out everywhere here on Saturday already as well.  It wasn't even an "ooops" either, as Target had a big front display set up by the checkout lanes and everything.  I also noticed the SW sets out early at our local Target stores.  Its too bad we already have the movies (or several versions) as the packaging is kind of nifty.  I noticed in this week's Target ad that they are having a 5 pack of the Harry Potter movies for around $35.  Pretty nice deal for someone who hasn't gotten them (although the picture in the ad was fullscreen, so I don't know if they have both versions or not).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2008, 11:17 AM »
The more hardcore DVD buyers (Rob and Matt) probably already know this, but deepdiscountdvd's sale is currently ongoing.  Previous years it was only 20%, this time it's 25% off (with free shipping).  I placed an order on Saturday for the Batman: The complete Animated series (just over $54), Mask of the Phantasm and a few Godzilla movies.  Unfortunately, the animated Batman ones are out of stock, but the sale price will still apply once they restock, whenever that may be.

The sales lasts until November 23rd, so I'm going to place another order for movies that come out in the next few weeks - Kung Fu Panda, Hellboy 2 and Wall-E - that I want to pick up.

DVDTALK and USATODAY work for codes and I'm sure they're a bunch of others also.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38 PM »

DVDTALK and USATODAY work for codes and I'm sure they're a bunch of others also.

SAVE also works.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Anybody buying Clone Wars today?  I really hated the "movie" but it's Star Wars so I must have it for my DVD collection.   :-\

I do enjoy the weekly shows on Cartoon Network except for last weeks episode.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Went witht he best buy metal version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"