Author Topic: 7/26 Release Day Checklist  (Read 17459 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 7/26 Release Day Checklist
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 09:38 AM »
This might get ugly.

Basic Figures
Ak-Rev x1
Bane Malar x1
Chewbacca x0
Darth Vader x0
Han Solo x0
Leektar & Nippet x2 
Luke Skywalker x0
Yarna D’al Gargan x0
Total - $32.00

CW Basic Figures
Anakin Skywalker x0
Battle Droid x4
Captain Rex x0
Clone Trooper x4
General Grievous x 0
Obi-Wan Kenobi x 0
R2-D2 x0
Yoda x0
Total - $64.00

Vehicles
AT-TE x2
A-Wing Fighter (Wal-Mart) x2
Homing Spider Droid x2
Millenium Falcon x0 (This will be a birthday gift, I think)
V-19 Starfighter x2
Total - $320.00

« Last Edit: July 9, 2008, 12:07 AM by Greg_the_Great »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 01:06 PM »
With some of Hasbro's comments about some items being repackaged to kick things off (Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes, Comic Packs?) with newer items coming later, I wonder if other lines will be going the same route.  I noticed (I think it was on GH's forums) that the WM exclusive A-Wing might be pushed back to November now as well.  Has Hasbro ever commented if the new Evolution packs will be available on 7/26, or if we'll see the repackaged ones first?  In a way, as much as I'm looking forward to some of these things - I almost hope that some things are pushed back a bit, because it could make for an expensive day otherwise (or passing on things), even moreso than ROTS, surprisingly.  Anyways, I hope Hasbro will give us a more concrete checklist of what will be available on the big day, so we can plan accordingly.  I'm already "prioritizing" my list of wants, because I know I can't afford to get it all that day.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Really though, were it not for the AT-TE and the Falcon, most of us would be spending hundreds less.

My worry is that stores won't be prepared with those two items. Crazy as it sounds, I think those are going to fly off the shelf first.

I'm planning on a midnight madness at one of my local stores. Even then I may not be guaranteed all the stuff I want. I may need to hit a few stores first thing in the morning to get the rest I want.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 8, 2008, 03:32 PM »
We're coming up on about two weeks out from the big release day, and I'm wondering if Hasbro is going to put out a checklist for the 26th.  I know they have had them in the past (ROTS and Spidey 3 I remember in particular), and I'd like to see something just to know what to look for that day (even without exclusives if necessary).  I guess we have a pretty decent idea of most of the lines, but I'm still wondering if we'll see new (not repackaged) comic packs, evolutions, Galactic Heroes, etc.

EDIT: RS has a report of someone finding the Padme, Rebels I and II, Imperials, and repacked Fetts at retail.

I think from some indications/early finds, it sounds like the Padme/Rebel Pilots Evolution packs have been found somewhere - so I'm guessing those will be out.  Also, I think Hasbro mentioned in one of the Q and A's here that the Galactic Heroes Vader/Dewback/Obi-Wan fighter/TRU Rancor/AT-RT sets were going to be pushed back a little bit (or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly).

Anyways, how many of you are planning on picking up everything you want (that is out) that day - or are you spacing it out a bit with all the releases at once?  I think this has the potential to be more expensive (at least to me) than the ROTS release day, so I think I'm going to have to pick and choose - and prioritize my purchases.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 03:49 PM by Brian »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #34 on: July 8, 2008, 05:31 PM »
If buying the animated figures/BP'S, yes this has the potential to surpass the ROTS opening night. (The Falcon & AT-TE put this over the top) I do not see this TRU Midnight Madness event as being as crowded as ROTS. This is truly for the die hard of die hards.

I plan on trying to tackle all of my wants on Saturday Midnight/morning. (Glad I am passing on the animated stuff) I am sure I will have to go to WM and Target Saturday morning to get their respective exclusives (Gunship/a-Wing). My current mentality for collecting is buy it when I see it, no spacing out. Even if I am unsure about the purchase I will buy it. Those "unsure" items are the only ones I wait to open, I can always return it if I change my mind. Too many times in the past I waited only to not find it without a major effort. With gas prices and a baby coming I have no desire or time to go on major hunts. I rather pay a few extra bucks for the convenience and guarantee of getting the stuff I want. (I have no regrets paying 12 more for the WM build-a-droid wave. I have yet to see any in the wild.)

If it was not for the street date I would have had all of this crap delivered to my door like I have been doing for the past 2 years. It does not pay to pre-order on 7/26 when I can go to the store and get it. Ordering figures by the case has been the best decision of my collecting. The gas wasted outweighs the repeated hunts in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 05:33 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 8, 2008, 07:28 PM »
What I'll be picking up...

Basic Figures
Bane Malar x1
Chewbacca x1
Leektar & Nippet x1
Yarna D’al Gargan x1
Total - $28.00

CW Basic Figures
Captain Rex x1
Total - $7.00

Battle Packs
Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol x1
Total - $20.00

Evolutions
Rebel Pilots II x1
Total - $20.00

Overall Total - $75.00

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #36 on: July 8, 2008, 09:26 PM »
Could get ugly for me, especially with those Evolution packs all being out.  Yikes.

Basic:
TLC Clone Wars wave all
Yarna
Leektar
Bane Malar
Ak-Rev

Evolutions
Padme
Rebel Pilots #1
Rebels #2

Battle Packs
Hoth (Han, Chewie, Probe Droid)

GH:
Slave Leia/R2
Plo Koon/Odd Ball

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 8, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Updated list of what I will be getting on day 1

Legacy:

Yarna
Ewoks
Bane
Total: $33.87

Clone wars:

Grevious
clone trooper x4
Total: $56.44

BP:
Clone Wars Obi pack
Clone Wars Yoda pack
total: $67.78

Evo packs

Rebel I
Rebel II
Total: $67.78

Grand Total of: $225.87

This list of course is also depending on the fact that TRU Canada follows the release date with enough focus as you guys south the border will see. I already own the Falcon so that will no longer be a burden on my wallet. Most of the figures I hope to get on day 1 are those that will probably be hardest to find to so this should be fun. I was planning on getting the AT-TE but with these new evolution packs expected to come out not to mention the comic packs that should also hit stores I will not be able to afford it. And then there is also Fan Expo in August that I am going to and I need money for that as well. With the two clone wars BP I should be able to complete the clone wars wave within the week as my mother said she would stop by WM after work on her way home on the 26th to look for some of the new stuff for me. For the evolution sets I am going to buy them but wait on opening them to see if I can find them at Zellers. I have a 15% off card for Zellers and if I can find the packs there I can save $5 off of each of them and simply return the other ones I have back to TRU to buy someother SW goodies. Either way I am really pumped for this release. I have already placed a lot of my Marvel stuff into storage so that I have more space to display my Star Wars collection. And to think I started saving up for all of this stuff in Feb, didnt think the time would go by this quickly :)

School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 8, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Due to a schedule change, it turns out my summer job isn't going to be paying me as much as I had originally planned on having. Therefore, my list is being cut down a bit.

Legacy Collection
Yarna D'al Gargan x1
Bane Malar x1
Total: approx. $15.00

Clone Wars
Captain Rex x1
Clone Trooper x4
Total: approx. $37.50

Vehicles
AT-TE x1
Homing Spider Droid x1
Total: approx. $125.00

Mighty Muggs
Count Dooku x1
Captain Rex x1
Total: approx. $20.00

GRAND TOTAL: $197.50 :o

That is, assuming Legacy Wave 2 isn't out that day and I find no other Muggs from previous waves that I still need and there's no Indy stuff of interest.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #39 on: July 9, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Well, if I've learned anything from collecting since 1978 it's that single carded figures should always be bought first.  You never know what odd figure will become hard to find.

Ships will sit on shelves for a while, and so will evolution sets.  Big stuff, like the At-Te and the Falcon will be everywhere throughout x-mas

so all I'm saying is this...slow down!

Enjoy.  Buy the Falcon this month, and the At-Te next month.  Give yourself something to look forward to.

I'm buying all single carded figures because that's what I love most.  And I'll get the Falcon because it's effin sweet.  I'll pick up the rest of the stuff in bits and peices over the next few months.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 9, 2008, 12:51 AM »
and so will evolution sets

Can't say I agree here...  I hardly saw any of the 2008 Evolutions sets.  They flew off shelves, especially the FU, the Sith, and the Fett set.  The Jedi one...  Saw it a couple times, but the rest I saw twice and bought what I saw both times.  Glad I did because I never once saw them again.

Evolutions has proven to be anything but a shelfwarmer in my experience...  Even the repacked sets sold eventually and without a sale.  That's good sales rates to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #41 on: July 9, 2008, 01:17 AM »
Going to try and keep it sane:

Padme Evo set
Yarna
Leetar/Nippet
Leia/R2 GH set

If the TLC wave 2 is out, I'm spending lots more. I have no reason to believe they won't be out, especially after going through last year where we got a wave every three weeks.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 9, 2008, 02:27 AM »
Yeah, wave 2 could be a killer...  The AT-TE I've got pretty well paid for.  It's a 2nd one that I'm mulling over that's gonna cost me, and I'll likely put that off a month.  Wish I'd get one for a gift, but I think that's substantially beyond the budgets for me any given year. ;)

I'm honestly thinking I'm passing completely on the Falcon...  I feel like I'm missing out by doing this, but I gotta stick to my "If it ain't scale, it ain't worth it" rule I think.  :(  I love it though, it's an awesome toy, but like the Gunship it's something I can't justify...  Cool toy but too much money and space.

I love the Evolutions sets too.  Wasn't sure those were going to be around but now it seems they are...  That too is a surprise expense adding to it this month because I know I want 2 of each set besides Padme.  Wish I'd just pre-ordered these and Wave 2 I think. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #43 on: July 9, 2008, 07:32 AM »
Jesse, just yesterday I saw a huge pile of evolutions (Fetts, Jedi, and Sith) sitting in a TRU)-Just goes to show how different everyone's area are.  And, in the Legacy Evolutions, there's no single "must have" set like the Fetts.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 9, 2008, 09:39 AM »
and so will evolution sets

Can't say I agree here...  I hardly saw any of the 2008 Evolutions sets.  They flew off shelves, especially the FU, the Sith, and the Fett set.  The Jedi one...  Saw it a couple times, but the rest I saw twice and bought what I saw both times.  Glad I did because I never once saw them again.

Evolutions has proven to be anything but a shelfwarmer in my experience...  Even the repacked sets sold eventually and without a sale.  That's good sales rates to me.

It was the same here (as Jesse's area).  The Evolution sets were very hit and miss this year.  I think I did end up seeing each of them at retail at least once, but aside from the Jedi set, I don't think I saw any of the new sets more than that.  There were some Anakin sets sitting at Target and TRU for a bit, but they ended up selling through as well.  Since it looks like these new sets will be out on 7/26 as well, I think they move up fairly high on the priority list for me as well - you just never know when you might see them again.