Author Topic: 7/26 Release Day Checklist  (Read 17462 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 7/26 Release Day Checklist
« Reply #45 on: July 9, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Folks, don't forget-FIGURES ARE GOING TO BE $7.99 EACH.

So budget accordingly for that dollar amount (plus tax). Otherwise you might find yourself short and that would suck on that day.

I don't think it's "insane" to be getting a lot of stuff all on that one day.

I'm trying to cut down on toy runs due to gas expenditure. So getting as much as I can from my list on the first day will save toy runs in the future. If I only need a couple of items after that I'll look to deal on the forums if I don't find them in stores eventually.

As far as holding off on stuff, I've been holding off for several months due to Hasbro's delay. I want this stuff, especially the AT-TE and Falcon. I'm not waiting on those two big items. I still have this nagging feeling like they are NOT going to be easy to find-even at their prices. I just can't see stores stocking a lot of these. I'm NOT taking the chance that I can't find them later and would have to resort to eBay. If I'm proven wrong so be it, I'm not concerned about eating crow so to speak, because by that point, I'll have both ships.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 9, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I saw the newer sets a couple of times save for Fett in which I have only ever seen 3 sets. The repack wave was tough to find. I saw 2 of the trooper set, 1 Sith and have never seen the Ani set. So I highly doubt the evolution sets will sit in my area thats for sure. Figures shouldnt be too much of a problem though since there are not any army builders in wave 1 Legacy.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 9, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Buying for sure

Basic:
TLC Clone Wars wave all
Yarna
Leektar
Bane Malar
Ak-Rev

$7.99 each

Evolutions
Padme
Rebel Pilots #1
Rebels #2
Imperial Pilots (this one is up in the air)

$19.99 each

Battle Packs
Hoth (Han, Chewie, Probe Droid)

$19.99

A-Wing Fighter

$34.99

total for me with product above with taxes $225.60 w/o Imperial Pilots  :-[, $246.99 with  :P.

The Longshot - me buying the Falcon also (total = $418.18)  :o

Possibly - me buying AT-TE instead of Falcon (total = $353.98)  :(

or go for the throat and get both falcon and At-Te (total = $525.17)  :-X

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Folks, don't forget-FIGURES ARE GOING TO BE $7.99 EACH.

Hard to forget. :(

I just checked my local target computer, they don't have basic figures in yet, but they're certainly $7.99.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 09:41 PM »
I going to get the Clone Wars Wave 1, a Gunship, The V-19, the Spider Droid, and any other Clone Wars stuff( like battlepacks)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2008, 12:17 AM »
I decided against buying the cut scene Han, Luke, and Chewbacca, as well as the Vader, because they're all just too similar to figures I already have (and in some cases not as good).  I wouldn't have displayed them as cut scene characters anyway.  So looks like I'm in for 2 Yarnas, 2 ewoks, and 1 Bane Malar as far as the legacy collection is concerned.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2008, 08:08 AM »
If anyone is buying multiple figures and wants to get rid of their astro droid pieces for a fair price, please let me know. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2008, 09:56 AM »
I'll be in for one of everything from the legacy collection and in a few cases I'll be picking up more than one:

Reb Pilots #1 x 2
Reb Pilots #2 x 2
Imp Pilots x 2 (maybe)
Wave 2 Gunner x 4
Hoth Patrol x 2-5 (depending on the final figure)

That's it. Expensive, but it could have been much worse.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2008, 10:11 AM »
If anyone is buying multiple figures and wants to get rid of their astro droid pieces for a fair price, please let me know. 

Will do. Look for my post in the trade and sale areas. PM me the link to this specific post, when you see my trade or sale posts to remind me that you asked and I'll make a deal with you.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I made a few modifications to my list after Sal kindly reminded everyone that figures will be eight bucks a pop. >:( ;)

Legacy Collection
Yarna D'al Gargan x1
Bane Malar x1
Ak-Rev x1
Total: approx. $24.00

Clone Wars
Captain Rex x1
Clone Trooper x1
Total: approx. $16.00

Vehicles
AT-TE x1
Homing Spider Droid x1
Total: approx. $125.00

Mighty Muggs
Count Dooku x1
Captain Rex x1
Total: approx. $20.00

GRAND TOTAL: $185.00 :o

That is, assuming Legacy Wave 2 isn't out that day and I find no other Muggs from previous waves that I still need and there's no Indy stuff of interest. I don't think this will be ugly...I know this will be ugly.

That being said, I'll still be loving every minute of it!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2008, 10:30 PM »
I made a few modifications to my list after Sal kindly reminded everyone that figures will be eight bucks a pop. >:( ;)

Just trying to be helpful. I know I wouldn't like being surprised at a price hike. Especially if I hadn't budgeted for it then would either have to scramble for the cash or have to put something back.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2008, 03:05 PM »
I hope I don't end up spending too much. My wallet is already getting a little sore.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Someone over at Sandtroopers claims they saw a box of Legacy wave 2 and was told they could not buy the figures. If this is true this means wave 2 will probably also be on sale. With the new evo sets coming out and this wave I know for sure that the TE is out of my grasp and I might have to drop some other things from my want list to make room now :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Legacy Wave 2? ****! >:(

I'm gonna wait until we get official confirmation from the Hasbro checklist on 7/16 to make any mods to my list, but still...****!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 06:56 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Well, now that we've gotten an "official" list of what should be hitting next weekend - what does your list look like now?  Has anything changed?  Mine all depends on what I find, and how high the bill starts to get.  I'm trying to just list everything by priority, and if I get just the first couple, I'll pick up the rest of the stuff later.  For me, its looking like this:

TLC Millennium Falcon (if nothing else, I'd like to grab this)
TLC Evolutions Sets - All Four (I don't know about others, but Evolutions has been really hit and miss around here)
TLC Wave 1 (and 2?) - (Part of me almost hoped Wave 2 would be delayed, as cool as it is, just to spread things out.  These will be the first figures I grab though)
Galactic Heroes New Wave (Four Sets)

After that, its up in the air.  I'd like to get some of the Clone Wars vehicles (AT-TE, V-19, etc.), but will probably have to wait and hope I can get them later on.  If budget allows, I'll likely pick up at least a couple of the animated figures, although I think I'm in the minority there.  Of course, I'd like to grab everything that day/weekend, but I think ultimately I can only go with one of the "big ships" for now - and after that its all about the realistic styled figures for the time being.