Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94541 times)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33 AM »
I think Hasbro just want's lines they can carrier that carry themselves with no TV ad marketing.

As a business owner, wouldn't you want that?  That's just common business sense to focus on products that have a lesser cost of production and marketing.

Sure, that would be great in a perfect world if that was realistic. It takes money to make money though and if they had no intention of promoting the line then it doesn't make sense to waste the up front investment on design and tooling. Ultimately it's just a collector point of view thinking Hasbro wasted their time with this line since they were resting on the newest movie solely to carry it. That just seem shortsighted to me.

On another note, I just picked up a grail knight last night. So I'm down to Vogel and Elsa I need along with the TOD wave.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2008, 04:29 PM »
My card was charged for my Temple of Doom case. Hope it gets here fast!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Managed to snag the TOD wave at Kroger of all places. Now if I could just find an Elsa and a Vogel I'd be done.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Wally is done up here with Indy, the clearance is on.  Sallah, Belloq, Mutt reign over the pegs still, but now can be had for $3.92.  Still couldn't bring myself to buy a Mutt and unfortunately I already had a Sallah and Belloq.  Made up for it by purchasing the German Car for $5.00 though ;D  No truck or jungle cutter though, else I'd have bought them too.  They didn't mark down the Akator playset though at all.  Yet. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 3, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Found a Russian soldier today for that $3.92 price as well as a funny looking truck.  For $5 ;D  Not the soft top model I passed on (twice) in the states, but for 75% off, I'll deal with having the original release.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: December 3, 2008, 11:12 PM »
My god I'd have had a figure erection for anything that nicely priced.  Good scores Brent.  I'd have bought every truck, staff car, or any vehicle they had for $5.  I'd have stocked up bigtime on army builders and fodder for $3.92...  I hope for deals like that here at some point, but WM clearance here is a joke.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 3, 2008, 11:20 PM »
If I ever start a rock band, I'm calling it "Figure Erection."
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: December 3, 2008, 11:37 PM »
I'll manage your group.  We'll dominate music, because music today eats a big bag of dicks, not a bag of big dicks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 4, 2008, 12:34 AM »
My god I'd have had a figure erection for anything that nicely priced.  Good scores Brent.  I'd have bought every truck, staff car, or any vehicle they had for $5.  I'd have stocked up bigtime on army builders and fodder for $3.92...  I hope for deals like that here at some point, but WM clearance here is a joke.

Wally is usually a joke here too, but I guess they lost it on IJ.

And I did buy what I hadn't originally, except for the Mutt figures, which are still there.  As for the vehicles, I did grab all of them.  All 2 of them, at different stores.  I was late on this, so very lucky to fill those holes.   I'm still down the cemetary warrior, Dovchenko and the Mutts.  There are a couple of Wallys out of town I'm hoping to find one of those at and I may relent on the Mutts.  I may not. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 4, 2008, 08:40 AM »
The Mutt with jacket is actually kind of a nice figure.  The other is kind of useless as far as I'm concerned. 

My Target actually got some TLC figures the other day, namely Henry, Grail Knight and Young Indy.  Not sure if there's some funky new case with them or if I just missed the others.  I have that wave but thought I'd pick up extras if I ran across them.  No such luck, yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 4, 2008, 08:41 AM »
Has there been any one chain where the ToD figures seem to be showing up? I'm pretty much done with SW for the year so if I hit a store now it's going to be to see if by some miracle they have ToD figures.

A friend of mine said he read somewhere that Toys R Us was getting them in, but the TRU near me hasn't gotten a single new Indy figure in a while. They keep getting more vehicles and Akator playsets, but not individually carded figures.

I noticed that in Target all of the Indy stuff EXCEPT the individually carded figures all have DPCI tags that sport "NCF" before the item description - is this an indicator that the Target computer knows that more figures are still working their way through distribution?

My local WMs are clogged with stuff, but none of it is anything besides the first two waves.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 4, 2008, 05:08 PM »
picked up what will likely be my final Indy figure ::) (unless of course the price drops even further!)..the Temple of Doom Indy. It was $4 and looked cool so I figured why not, besides "it was once pocket change..now its an action figure". The paint apps were pretty good and the face looks like harison.

WM had most of the temple of doom figures though, only ones they were missing was short round and the thug then again I didnt really look though, they had tons of figures from wave 3 and 4 though. all on CDN card. also saw a ton of dlx sets although no germans or thug two packs left and the others didnt interests me. vehicles were all gone except for 1 tree cutter.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #222 on: December 4, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Add me to the "TOD Indy Wishlist", if the Canuckleheads are getting these in some quantity and they're cheap lik ethat.  That'd be a dream come true.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 4, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Yeah, it'd be nice after dropping $90 on a case from EE ::)

I'll keep my eyes out for you guys though. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 5, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Speaking of cases from EE, mine came a few days ago. It's at my house though, and I am at school for another week and a half so I won't get to crack those babies open til then.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks