Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94539 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2008, 09:34 PM »
At this point I think I've got everything but the Tree set and the Jungle Cutter.  I'm really liking these figures and have bought a handfull of Germans, an might buy some more russian soldiers.

Bring on TLC and TOD!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Hot dammit, I didn't think I'd get into another line!  Just the other day I bought the Cargo truck and Monkey man, then yesterday I got the Marion/Henchman 2-pack.  I'm only buying ROTLA right now, so I still need Swordsman and Cairo Indy, Indy w/horse, and maybe another German 2-pack.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 05:32 PM »
With the TRU BOGO offer today, I cleaned up on KOTCS figs: Russian Soldier, Dovchenko, and the Cemetary Warrior.  I got the strangely elusive Jacket KOTCS Indy at Target too.  I still need Irinia.  Sigh.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 06:41 PM »
went to my trusty ol local WM (the same one in which i have bought just about every indy toy i have save for the german2k) and low and behold what do I find? a new display filled with Indy toys, including vehicles (at WM :o) for $25. Strangely they had a ton of Indy figures with many of them being the new "elusive KOTCS" indy with jacket and rocket. as much as I keep telling myself to stop buying these figures so I can save up for the new MF and At-te i found myself picking up 1 german soldier. So now I have all the German soldiers. 3 more stickers and I can send out my mail away form. good thing there are no more SW figures coming out from now till july 26..
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Wait...what Jacketed Indy with Rocket?  Pics please...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 11:52 PM »
I think he means KOTCS Indy with Jacket and KOTCS Indy with Rocket Launcher.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 08:55 AM »
I think he means KOTCS Indy with Jacket and KOTCS Indy with Rocket Launcher.

woops. My bad. I should really stop posting in a rush. I was indeed refering to two different figures.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Looks like I'll be hitting up TRU this week to pick up my first Indy figs...

Editing rather than double posting.

I went to TRU today but their selection was pitiful. All they had was one shelf and 6 pegs on an endcap dedicated to Indy merchandise. Basically their figure selection consisted of both KOTCS Indies, Irina, and Belloq. I picked up Jacketed Indy, Irina, and Belloq. Went to a WM nearby and picked up Raiders Indy, German Soldier, Indy with Horse, and the German Soldier 2-pack.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:35 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I hit TRU today to check what they had, and they must have had a big restocking since Monday as all the pegs (basic, deluxe, Adventure Heroes) were packed full.  I grabbed the jacketless Mutt Williams, the basic carded German Soldier (two of the three basic carded figures I hadn't grabbed yet), and then saw a decently painted ROTLA Indy (w/Jacket) that I grabbed for the "freebie".  The only basic carded figure I think I've skipped so far now is the Marion, but I'm tempted just to get the darn Staff of Ra headpiece that comes with her.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 07:19 PM »
Stopped by TRU and picked up a German Cargo truck.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Went to TRU yesterday and bought a German 2-pack, Mutt w/Jacket, and got another German as my freebie. Getting 4 figures for $18 made me pretty happy. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Bought a few figures tonight.  ROTLA Indy w/ idol, Irina Spalko, Ugha Warrior and Cemetary warrior.  Also bought the deluxe Indy w/ Ark.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:20 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008, 01:42 AM »
Picked up a German Soldier 2-pack.

All I have left for the single figures are the Cemetery Warrior, Ugha Warrior, Dovchenko, and the Russian Soldier, and I can't bring myself to buy them yet. I probably will after I see the movie.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 02:47 AM »
I gotta say, not one of those figures disappoints, especially the Cemetary Warrior and Russians...

Tonight I nabbed a 2nd Russian soldier and the Cemetary Warrior, and the Cemetary Warrior is pretty weird.  First I noticed his skull mask is not a sculpted-on piece.  It's separate, and glued to his face.  I pried at it a little with my pocket knife and could see that he indeed has a full face sculpt underneath the skull mask...  Why?  Why wouldn't they just sculpt the mask to the face rather than going through the extra tooling of the piece itself, and the extra labor to glue the piece to the face?  It sounds small, but it ultimately was a very unnecessary step unless there's some other plan for this figure?

The other thing, along the same lines as the above, is that he has a separately sculpted shirt...  Why?  Prying up on the shirt a bit to see, and ultimately he does have a sculpted body underneath with lots of detail it seems.  You can't take the shirt off though and have him look normal, due to the arms, but the shirt is a separate piece for no really explainable reason.  Why sculpt it and put it on over another torso?  It adds a cost of tooling the shirt to go over the body when you could've just sculpted the shirt as the torso itself.  Why?  Unless there's plans to use the body underneath at some point for something else?

Anyway, I found this figure INSANELY cool even without seeing the film.  As a customizer, it's excellent Star Wars fodder, and as an action figure in general is is simply outstanding.  Super articulated, lots of detail, nice painting, a couple neat accessories (a knife woulda been cool as the pic on the back he has a knife), and really just a great figure.

The Russian, as always, is a great figure, and it's being gobbled up by a whole other set of collectors, so if you see it I suggest nabbing one if you want it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 06:41 AM »
colonel dovchenko