Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94544 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #285 on: April 1, 2009, 02:19 AM »
Dammit. I broke my Short Round at the right knee. Had to happen on the nigh-impossible-to-replace figure...

It could be worse. I could not have one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: April 1, 2009, 02:27 AM »
It's fixable, but could take some work...

If you find a plastic welder (PLast-struct plastic welder is my suggestion) at a hobby shop, you could fuse the two parts of the pin together.  They're a styrene type plastic and fuse using those plastic welders.  The key is getting the pin out of the thigh...

Let it sit a good 48 hours to set, and it should be sturdy and a solid piece of plastic again (the welder actually liquifies the plastic and the two halves should fuse together in a "welded" single piece). 

I know it sounds like a lotta work, and it can be a pain in the ass for sure, but considering the figure...  thought maybe you'd be interested in giving it a try.

Also it shouldn't melt the plastic of the leg itself so there SHOULDN'T be any worries there of it fusing to the pin or something.  It doesn't work on PVC type plastics that I've ever encountered.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #287 on: April 1, 2009, 03:05 AM »
****. I already superglued the leg. But considering the past disasters I've had when trying to do surgery on plastic toys, I probably kept the damage to a minimum with that.

Thanks for the info, though.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Another Cyrstal Skeleton wound up in my mail box today.  Forgot I had one coming in I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2009, 04:42 PM »
With the news that the Comic Con pics were fake I finally bought a German with Motorcycle online, thus finishing the Indy line for me once and for all. Well I never picked up the deluxe Ark set but it was pretty bad so I'll wait for a resculpt with Indy 5.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks