Author Topic: SA Imperial Officer, 2009... Finally?  (Read 8797 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
SA Imperial Officer, 2009... Finally?
« on: May 13, 2008, 11:24 PM »
Are there any plans to retool the Imperial Officer, Death Star Trooper, or AT-AT Driver? so they do not have those awkward looking swivel elbows? Or are these figures on a long term list to get the whole "SA treatment" sometime in the near future? (MD, 05/09/08)

Yes, we do have plans to update these guys within the to SA versions at some point. Imperial Officer would be first, in 2009. The AT-AT driver would come later and might be 2010. Death Star Trooper, though, is someone we might save for a Vintage line and probably wouldn't be in the mainline per se.

The Death Star Trooper answer is interesting...  I don't personally think anyone cared for an AT-AT Driver so I found that request odd, but on the Imperial Officer?

About friggin' time...  I'm hoping for black and grey variants though, and if they're really nice an olive variant would also be greatly appreciated.  Come on Hasbro you know you want to milk the **** out of this mold when it's released, and we'll gladly pay for it. ;)

I'm also hoping for some funky 70's sideburn headsculpts here, and/or Jeremy Bulloch as Imperial coward in ESB.  I'm giddy to know this figure is finally coming out though, and I plan to buy these till the cows come home.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: SA Imperial Officer, 2009... Finally?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:45 AM »
All I ask for is multiple head sculpts.  I want to army build these guys but they look dumb when they all have the same face.

Make them chase figures... send out 1 per wave over the course of 5 waves... whatever you have to do.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 01:48 AM »
Chase army builders?   :-X

I'd be cool with releasing green, grey, black, each with a unique head.  That'd be 3 swappable heads on 3 unique bodies...  I'm ok with 3 heads and then just fleshing them out with generic headcasts then later myself...  I agree there should be a couple of heads though.  Grey should have Jeremy Bulloch, black could be any of the myriad of unique officers in black in ANH (or the other films), and green I'd like someone fairly non-descript.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 02:35 AM »
Sure, I want them to do this.  Not as badly as I did a few years ago, but I'd bite.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Which Imperial Officer though? Jumpsuit or tunic? Sounds like they were talking about the Jumpsuit.

I always thought the At-At driver was pretty definitive, though. The swivel arms never bothered me.

Never quite loved the DS trooper, so a resculpt would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:15 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Which Imperial Officer though? Jumpsuit or tunic? Sounds like they were talking about the Jumpsuit.

I always thought the At-At driver was pretty definitive, though. The swivel arms never bothered me.

Never quite lived the DS trooper, so a resculpt would be fantastic.

I'd much prefer the Tunic. Sharp/neat/clean style of uniform there. Agreed that there should be different head sculpts for each and that they should all be interchangeable with each other. I'd buy up a good amount as well. Maybe 10 of each. That would help greatly in fleshing out Imperial scenes.

I still contend that we can get rank variants as well. If the rank is a simple little plastic push pin type thing that goes into a small hole on the chest, we could then clip off however many "pips" we wanted to, thereby making Lieutenants or Commanders or Captains/Generals (yes I realize the General pips are spread out more, but we can just "imagine" them as generals), or Moffs/Grand Moffs. That gives us a GREAT potential to army build the crap out of these figures. Having multiple headsculpts only increases the chances of this selling more.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:58 AM »

+1

But I know others will want him SA, so that's good news for them.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 11:07 AM »
It's a pretty easy fix for Hasbro - just get some new arms on there and you're practically done.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Cool news.  I liked the POTJ Imperial Officer when it came out back around 2001, but the times have passed it by.  Plus I really would like an Imperial officer in the tunic uniform, not the jumpsuit.

The Death Star Trooper/Death Squad Commander is interesting.  Perhaps Hasbro wasn't totally happy with the 30AC version?  I know I wasn't.  I thought that the articulation looked too knobby.

The AT-AT Driver is puzzling.  The TSC rendition was a great figure.  I'd rather see Hasbro focus their efforts toward an all-new AT-ST Driver instead of kitbashing the Imperial Officer some more.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 01:13 PM »
AT-AT I foresee having removable helmet ala TAC stormie, and maybe using snowtrooper shoulders with new scupt forearms.

The DS Trooper?  While not perfect I'd really rather see a new fig that hasn't been made yet instead of this, for me he's good enough.  And what do they mean "vintage" line?  VOTC/VTAC?  Definatley wouldn't be buying that, new sculpt same articu. for $12.99 I don't think so.

Officer?  Could that be Praji or whatever his name is that has been rumored for a while now.  That would answer our question what style of officer + since they already have the GA Thrawn mold coming out all they'd need is a different chest mold to match and there you go for our officers.

Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32 PM »
I'm really glad we're getting an officer resculpt. I've wanted Lt. Daine Jir for a long time so hopefully we'll get him in some form.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Hmmm.  I wonder if it's possible that the rumored Commander Praji might have been pushed back a little bit?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:51 PM »
I agree with the comments above re: the AT-AT driver, he's pretty articulated already and is extremely well sculpted. He's a great figure and doesn't need a resculpt - I'd rather they use that "slot" in their schedule for another Imperial figure. Stormtrooper officer maybe? Pleeeeease...?
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 03:40 PM »
What about a new AT-ST Driver? I'd much rather have that than a new AT-AT Driver. ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 04:23 PM »
What about a new AT-ST Driver? I'd much rather have that than a new AT-AT Driver. ???

Amen.  Thow the hat on him and he's a Scanner Tech, from ANH or the background guys on the bridge of the STD  ;D in ESB.  Come on Hasbro don't let us down.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge