Author Topic: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?  (Read 12030 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Just saw this new rumor list over at RS, supposedly for Legacy Collection "vintage" figures.  According to this listing, there is 6 waves - yes, waves - for 2009.  The list provided includes OT, PT, and a mention of EU figures.  Let the speculation begin...

Not sure what this means for the line (especially with PT characters listed and EU mentioned as well), but the OT characters listed sound pretty good to me.  I'd like to see some spiffy re-dos of each of them.  Here's the listing:

Walrus Man
Death Squad Commander
Jawa
Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
Zuckuss
Emperor's Royal Guard
Wicket
Gammorean Guard
Admiral Ackbar
Luke Skywalker (no specifics provided)
Han Solo (no specifics provided)
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion)
...and some EU characters

Hopefully the Han Solo is the Bespin version, and Luke is either Hoth or the DSII Jedi version we've been waiting for.  This could be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:15 PM by Jeff »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Hmm...very interesting indeed. I for one really, really hope this doesn't happen, mostly because these are all resculpts I want that I'd have to spend extra money on only to have them get re-released in a Legends line.  :-\

Oh, and never in a million years would I buy a Jawa or Wicket for $12. :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:05 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm curious to see what comes of all of this.  If there is indeed 6 waves of figures, even if there is only four figures or something in a wave, that would get pretty pricey for the year at $10+ a pop.  Put that alongside the regular TLC line, and maybe/probably a continuation of the Clone Wars Animated line, and things are downright spendy.  Granted, its early and still just rumors at this point, but things have at least been close if not confirmed lately it seems.  I'd just as soon see them take the OT characters listed on there (and add one more in to make it even) and release two more waves of 6.  That would cover things pretty nicely.  If they're going to go OT, PT, and even EU with this line - it might need to be the only line if its going to have that many waves.  They are really starting to push what collectors will spend on their lines, if all of this holds true.  Granted, I'd be excited to see the VOTC line return (with OT characters), but I'm curious to see what this new line (with more releases and including the whole Saga) will entail.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:11 PM by Brian »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Hmm...very interesting indeed. I for one really, really hope this doesn't happen, mostly because these are all resculpts I want that I'd have to spend extra money on only to have them get re-released in a Legends line.  :-\

Oh, and never in a million years would I buy a Jawa or Wicket for $12. :P

Agreed. If the Jawa was a two pack yes. Wicket no way unless he came with some awesome accessories. Given the coffin bubble for this, there is no way Hasbro would be able to include enough accessories to make it worth our while for $12.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 04:16 PM »
i would be interested in a super articulated Emperor's Royal Guard!
 i did not like those swival cut arms from the rots and comic pack royal guards

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Who comes up with these lists?  If basic figs are going to be over $ a pop what are these going to be?  I want all those figs but with all of those being that price how many of us are really going to touch these at full price.  The only army builder being the DS commander and maybe royal/gamor guards & Jawa, but those won't compare to the Scout, Stormie, Snowie past army builders.

Most of them will peg warm like crazy-Ackbar come on he's even more boring and less interesting then Greedo and at least he held a gun.

If Han is Bespin version we've been waiting for, wait is going to make me shell out $13 + for a mod version of what they just released during take without the cool accessory.

Same with maybe a DS Luke, this deleted scene/Legacy Luke looks to be exactly that unless of course it might be the open tunic version, well heck let me shell out that much more money for it then.

EU characters, while I love them, if main character/movie characters go on clearance what are the chances that comic guys won't get sent to the back endcap with an orange sticker?

Seems these are bad choices for this line, or it just needs to die an abrupt death.  It just seems that if Hasbro would stop wasting plastic on figs that are going to clearance at the very least at $5.00 maybe they wouldn't be charging so much for basic figures now.

Sorry about the rant, I love the figs but the price is just stupid for what we're getting.  Put cool accessories with them at least instead of wasting the plastic on the packaging.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Or hasbro could just ditch the stupid clamshell that has to be destroyed anyways to get the figures out, and reduce the vintage price to the same as the basic figure pricing. Both lines are basically the same now anyways(in terms of sculpts and quality), so why should i have to pay an extra $6 (they are about $17 ea in Canada) for something that is of same quality as the ones for $10? makes no sense to me.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 05:48 PM »
Now that I'm done with the carded collecting, it doesn't bother me so much at all.  I can tolerate them mucking it up with EU and PT as long as they keep putting out OT stuff.

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Sounds like these will probably be released at basic figure price, thats what is being speculated over at scum...  which if this turns to be true, Im SOLD!!! 
How great will it be to see all the vintage cards on basic figures again!!!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 06:24 PM »
So i am thinking the break down here is basic figures

ANH Wave:
Walrus Man
Death Squad Commander
Jawa

ESB Wave:
Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
Zuckuss
Luke Skywalker (no specifics provided)
Han Solo (no specifics provided)

ROTJ Wave:
Emperor's Royal Guard
Wicket
Gammorean Guard
Admiral Ackbar

TPM wave:
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42 PM »
super articulated Admiral Ackbar woud be cool to have
we need more calamari figures
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:13 AM by clonebuyer111 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Sounds like these will probably be released at basic figure price, thats what is being speculated over at scum...  which if this turns to be true, Im SOLD!!! 

???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:00 PM »

I can see these being carded like the 25th G.I.Joes. My only problem with that is I will miss the clear clamshells. The only figures i have carded are the VOTC ones. I buy doubles to keep in the package. Either way I am happy at the list and hope it's true.

I hope it's the long awaited Han Bespin and Luke Hoth for the Han/Luke slots.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:01 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Where's the Battle Droid?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 11:59 PM »
I would expect to see a Battle Droid.  And perhaps this is where we're going to get this all new TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi that was mentioned in the Q&A's.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback