Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader  (Read 37711 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Actually this will be the last SS figure I buy for a long time.

I've heard this before.  ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2009, 06:02 PM »
The Dark Side is strong.  Temptation was too much. I just placed a waitlist order.  The good news is that its just a waitlist and it doesn't cost me anything.  I wonder how likely these waitlist orders will be for conversion?  My only waitlist experience was with General Kenobi and it got converted to a real order. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 01:09 AM »
If they do a removable helmet one, I may cave and buy it.  I'd like this one but I'm assuming it's nowhere to be found.  It's too great to still be available.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2009, 01:49 AM »
They'll have at least two more versions, I'm sure... The "reveal" version is going to be $200, I guarantee that.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2009, 12:26 PM »
I should steer clear of this thread as well.  Those pictures make this figure look amazing.  I've been back and forth with the Sideshow 12" line, with price being the biggest factor keeping me away.  If I only collected these, it wouldn't be a problem - but of course, that isn't the case.  That being said, this Vader looks amazing.  I had it on preorder (along with the Stormtrooper) earlier this year, but had to cancel when I lost my job.  I had always hoped to just have a lineup of the "biggies" from ANH, and maybe Lando/Yoda/Fett when they got to all of them.  Like Jesse mentioned though, I'm sure this Vader long gone from being available at this point - and I'd have to sell a lot of stuff to get back into these.  Very, very nicely done though.

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2009, 11:35 PM »
I should steer clear of this thread as well.  Those pictures make this figure look amazing.  I've been back and forth with the Sideshow 12" line, with price being the biggest factor keeping me away.  If I only collected these, it wouldn't be a problem - but of course, that isn't the case.  That being said, this Vader looks amazing.  I had it on preorder (along with the Stormtrooper) earlier this year, but had to cancel when I lost my job.  I had always hoped to just have a lineup of the "biggies" from ANH, and maybe Lando/Yoda/Fett when they got to all of them.  Like Jesse mentioned though, I'm sure this Vader long gone from being available at this point - and I'd have to sell a lot of stuff to get back into these.  Very, very nicely done though.
Yep they have been getting more expensive and it seems like they aren't as sought after on Ebay as I thought they would be.

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 2, 2009, 11:24 PM »
I just noticed that the exclusive Vader is limited to 1977 pieces. Could that be a subtle reference by SS to when Star Wars came out?
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 10:37 PM by A.J. »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #82 on: July 5, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Yeah, SSC has done that before. I believe Obi-Wan, Han Solo, and Bespin Luke are also that way.

These babies are shipping this week, by the way... I should be getting mine real soon. Cannot wait.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2009, 05:24 AM »
Brad has your card been charged yet? My order is still listed as processing on Sideshow's site.
"This is the way."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10 AM »
It was charged this morning, but I got a UPS Tracking e-mail two days ago - $139 ($124.99 + $7.14 shipping). Delivery date is supposedly the 16th.

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Mine was charged 3 days ago, but I didn't get a tracking number.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23 PM »
At this point, I guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up that a very late pre-order/waitlist would get converted to a real order.

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2009, 11:34 PM »
At this point, I guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up that a very late pre-order/waitlist would get converted to a real order.
There's always ebay  :).

It seems like you can find SS figures on ebay for about the same price as if you pre-ordered them from Sideshow...sometimes you can find them for a bit less as with the Qui-Gon figure.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2009, 10:15 AM »
There's always ebay  :).

It seems like you can find SS figures on ebay for about the same price as if you pre-ordered them from Sideshow...sometimes you can find them for a bit less as with the Qui-Gon figure.

I agree with you there. However, if I'm going to basically pay the sideshow price, then I'd at least like to get the sideshow points for it.  ;D

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 11:45 AM »

Don't give up hope yet... if they are not done shipping, there are still plenty of chances to convert. 

There will be folks whose CCs get declined, folks who decide to return it (because they forgot to cancel), folks who return because they don't like it, etc.  Plus, there always set aside a certain % of the stock to replace broken/lost figures.  If that extra stock goes unused, it gets passed along to wait list.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender