Author Topic: Indy Sales, Discounts, and Deals  (Read 34296 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Indy Sales, Discounts, and Deals
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45 PM »
My local Target went clearance price on the 3.75" line this week; $3.80.  They also have the 12" on clearance for $10.98.

They even found a 12" talking Indy somewhere, we haven't had one of those in months.  The rest were all Mutt figures, though.

The 3" line were mostly Mutt w/ Snake and Indy w/ Rocket Launcher but there were a couple German Soldiers, Monkey Man, Sallah and Belloq.  I picked up the lone Young Indy on the shelf along with a German (can never have too many army builders).

No clearance on the vehicles, deluxe or Temple playset.  But if they're jumping the gun 2 weeks before Christmas then you can bet they want to be rid of this line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 05:18 PM »
My local Target went clearance price on the 3.75" line this week; $3.80.  They also have the 12" on clearance for $10.98.

They even found a 12" talking Indy somewhere, we haven't had one of those in months.  The rest were all Mutt figures, though.

The 3" line were mostly Mutt w/ Snake and Indy w/ Rocket Launcher but there were a couple German Soldiers, Monkey Man, Sallah and Belloq.  I picked up the lone Young Indy on the shelf along with a German (can never have too many army builders).

No clearance on the vehicles, deluxe or Temple playset.  But if they're jumping the gun 2 weeks before Christmas then you can bet they want to be rid of this line.

E...

wow, do we shop at the same Target?  Same thing here, price was right to finally get a Mutt w/Jackett-custom fodder.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 05:30 PM »
Fodder is all I figure I'll be on the hunt for at Target...  Some good Jedi and "random schmuck" fodder in that line...  I'm hoping to get a couple Indy's to cobble together a couple Indy's we'll never get, like a decent Cairo Streets Indy.  I'd like some more Arab goons and thugs too...  The Germans aren't abundant here these days though so I'm not even thinking about army building.  Nor are the Russians, which would be nice at a cheap price...

The Russian Soldier is cool, to me, because he and DOvchenko (of course) are actually very accurate to WOrld War 2 Russians...  They, if you can get accurate weapons for them, make nice WW2 figures to go with my Germans, U.S. figures, etc.  Unfortunately weapons are in short supply.  The one Oktober Guard guy from GIJ has a Russian PPsh Sub Machine Gun, but that's about it.  Anyway, a little work like a bed roll and stuff, and the Indy Russians are quite spiffy looking WW2 figures, so maybe I'll luck into some of those.

Overall though I'm just gonna look for fodder...  I doubt I find much as Target's picked over here, but I'll check.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I think the vehicle prices were adjusted at Target from $21.99 to $19.99.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Since the clearance hit on the 3 and 12" figures my store has found 4 or 5 cases of the Last Crusade wave.  I'm not sure if they were in the back or if more came on the truck.  Either way, it would have been nice (for Target anyway) if they'd gotten them two months ago rather than keeping their 6-month old stock out.

Yesterday Target also set up a whole aisle of 30% off stuff (in some cases more than 30%) and what did they have?  Two dozen 12" Indy figures for $10 each.  All Indy, whip action Indy and Mutt.  No Germans or Cairo Swordsman.  I have no idea where they came from because we haven't seen an Indy in that store since June.  Again, if they were sitting on them in the back, shame on Target, because the Indy figures at least would have sold before now, I'm sure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 10:17 AM »
The local Target knocked what's left of the Indy Titaniums down to $3.80 yesterday.  Still no clearance on the Deluxe, vehicles or the Akator playset.

E...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Deals
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Be on the lookout at your local TJ Maxx - they are blowing Indy out at 50%.  I picked up the cargo truck (Cario) and they had gobs of TLC wave there, too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 09:41 AM »
What's their $50 off price on basic figs?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 12:06 PM »
What's their $50 off price on basic figs?

$-40. Buy a Mutt w/Snake, and they'll give you $40! :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 05:58 PM »
No sales at all on Indy around Pittsburgh.  Targets have not put anything on sale or clearance at all.  Still the SOS on the pegs and shelves.  Typical really considering that I don't think they've put out the Star Wars UBP's yet either.  I kid you not at least some of the stores still had them in the back room last I checked. :)

The GIJ packs JUST got put out this weekend at my nearby Target...  Lame?  You betcha!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 11:09 AM »
The Target Mulit-packs are on clearance now, $14.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Basic figs are $3.00 each at Wal-Mart. One I went to had deluxe for $7 and vehicles for $14 but another one I went to didn't. 12'' are $13 I believe. I don't collect the Adventure Heroes so I didn't see the prices.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Made a trip to K-Mart yesterday and saw Indy figs for $4.00 each.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #43 on: January 1, 2009, 11:43 AM »
All KB Toys are closing and have everything currently 50-percent off. I got a German and Russian soldier there the other day for a combined $1 and change after using up a gift card I had.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 02:48 PM »
I don't know if anyone else is seeing this at their local stores, but the TRU near me put up an endcap of Indy figures yesterday for 4.98 each.  All they had were gobs of the ROTLA and KOTCS waves, but they had pretty much everyone from those waves in abundance. 

My only hope is that Hasbro liquidates the TOD figures and they show up at TRU eventually.   :-\