Author Topic: Indy Sales, Discounts, and Deals  (Read 34291 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Indy Sales, Discounts, and Deals
« Reply #45 on: February 2, 2009, 09:43 PM »
I picked up 4 German Soldier tonight at Wal-Mart for $1 each  8). I think I want to melt a couple of there faces.... the ark has been opened afterall.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 11:39 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: February 6, 2009, 12:20 AM »
I got 15 or so figures tonight for $1 each.  Good deal.  Mostly Mutt's available but I got 4 Germans, some Cairo Swordsman, a Belloq, and such.  I grabbed some jacketless Mutts because they're cool fodder, and I got the last whipping Indy (last figure I needed, refused to pay more than $1, mission accomplished) and Ugha Warrior too.  No Russian Soldiers, no Cemetary Warriors, no Marions, no Monkey men.  I really was hoping to get some of the above except for Marion, but those all dried up here quickly!  It was surprising those weren't available for clearance at all here.

Ironically they had Germans with motorcycles, a figure I couldn't find for along time...  They were still $7.

Anyhoo, the stockpile is awesome but I haven't a clue what all of it is gonna be used for. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 6, 2009, 08:53 AM »
I found a pile of $1 figures at our local WM too, but it was all the two versions of Mutts (probably 7-8 of each) and 1 Belloq.  I was sort of hoping to pick up some others as well, but wasn't necessarily interested in these.  I'm really happy that we got the figures we did, and I enjoy the Indy collection, but its amazing how quickly this line fizzled out.  Heck, there's still a section for the crappy 5" Dark Knight figures (granted the movie is/was uber popular), but the Indy stuff is long forgotten.  On the other side of things though, it seems like the LEGO sets are still going strong.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2009, 02:28 PM »
I got 15 or so figures tonight for $1 each.  Good deal.  Mostly Mutt's available but I got 4 Germans, some Cairo Swordsman, a Belloq, and such.  I grabbed some jacketless Mutts because they're cool fodder, and I got the last whipping Indy (last figure I needed, refused to pay more than $1, mission accomplished) and Ugha Warrior too.  No Russian Soldiers, no Cemetary Warriors, no Marions, no Monkey men.  I really was hoping to get some of the above except for Marion, but those all dried up here quickly!  It was surprising those weren't available for clearance at all here.

Ironically they had Germans with motorcycles, a figure I couldn't find for along time...  They were still $7.

Anyhoo, the stockpile is awesome but I haven't a clue what all of it is gonna be used for. 

Jesse,
Can I get one of the artifacts from the Mutt without jacket (or with snake) from you?  That's the only figure I couldn't bring myself to get, but I wouldn't mind having the artifact to complete the set. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: February 6, 2009, 11:35 PM »
No problem...  PM me your addy again Brent, and I'll try to mail it to you asap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 7, 2009, 02:25 PM »
I saw two pegs overflowing with Mutt w/snake in the clearance section at Target yesterday.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 7, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I missed out on a bunch of $1 German soldiers at my local WM.  Matter of fact, someone cleared out everything but Mutt and a couple Young Indy figures at that price.  But tonight I stopped by another WM store and found some Ugah Warriors and picked up five of those, a Monkey Man, Cairo Swordsman and Sallah and paid $0.02 more than for one Star Wars figure.   :P

Left a bunch of Mutt figs at that store along with one or two Sallah figures and a Swordsman.  So, basically, all that's really left locally are a bunch of Mutt figures.  Although my local store has two Deluxe Indy w/ Ark figures for $7.  I'm tempted to pick up another one of those just to have the Ark and the Indy for a headswap.  Maybe Monday when I stop in there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Big Lots is getting IJ stuff, including some TOD I hear, though my local one only had TLC figures...  $4 a piece and vehicles were $10.  I bought yet another soft top truck at that price.

I'm going to scour the BL's near me to see what else I can find.  I'd love some Thuggee army builders.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Guess I'll have to stop on the way home tonight just on the chance of scoring some TOD figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 12:25 AM »
No Indy figs at Big Lots but TJ Maxx is right next door so I stopped in there and found one German 2-pack for $6.99 so I picked it up for the hell of it.  Unless that TOD wave pops up locally that should be the last Indy purchase I make.

E...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Cool. We have a lot of Big lots around here. I'll check them out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 09:07 AM »
And sure enough, I walked into Big Lots and picked up my Elsa. Thanks a ton!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2009, 01:03 AM »
So I mosied on into a second Big Lots tonight and got another canvas top truck...  This store had a TON of stuff though.  They had probably 3 full sets of TLC figures, 2 trucks, 2 cutters, and almost all the Deluxe.  The only Deluxe Set I didnt' see was the German w/cycle.  I bought a German 2 pack, thug 2-pack, and the truck...

I saw the Indy traps sets, horse w/Indy, Ark w/Indy...  They didn't have Marion/Thug either, come to think of it, but that was it.  They had lots of TLC figures, a few Raider Indy figures, and that was it, but they had a LOT.

I've heard TOD figures were maybe found somewhere, so keep an eye out I guess.  I'd like a couple Thuggee extras and another Mola Rahm if I can nab one, so those are my goals right now if I get to other BL stores.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Hey Jesse, what's the price on the Deluxe figure sets at BL?

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 04:26 PM »
$6 per...  Like I said, I saw just about all of them.  I didn't see Marion/Thug, Mutt w/Bike, and German w/Bike.  I did see thug 2-pack, German 2-pack, all the temple traps, Indy w/horse, and Indy w/Ark. 

Again I only saw TLC figures and older stuff, no TOD.  I'm bummed on that, as I have heard one report of TOD figures showing up, and I'd love more Thuggees and an extra of Mola/Indy.