Author Topic: Build-A-Droid vs Running Changes  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Build-A-Droid vs Running Changes
« on: June 12, 2008, 08:06 AM »
Looking over the latest rumor list for the ANH wave brought an interesting wrinkle to mind. I was thinking it would've been nice to see Han and Luke stormtroopers be a running change since the tooling difference and deco change are pretty negligible, and it would free up a spot in the wave for one more all-new character.

Then I realized any running change during Legacy/Build-A-Droid is going to result in an extra droid piece. (As will, in the larger context, army building as a whole.) Would you want Hasbro to hold off on running changes for the length of the BAD experiment (slotting two endor troopers, for instance, as individually numbered figures in the same wave or breaking them up over two waves to work out the change itself,) or would you still prefer running changes to get more variety out of the army builders and background characters of future waves, even if it means one more protocol droid arm?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Build-A-Droid vs Running Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I'd want them to hold off on running changes simply to cut down on product to buy.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I Think spare parts are going to happen reguardless.   Army builders are going to have tons of spare parts so what is one or two more parts on a running change.   Any way to get more figures I am down with.  Bring it on.   If we have to wait for H to slot in a running change down the pipe that means once less fig later.   Extra parts are good for commerce and to fill sandcrawlers, Jabba's dungen and awsume customs
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:57 PM »
I'd want them to hold off on running changes simply to cut down on product to buy.  :P

Amen brother.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today