Author Topic: Is the line a Success?  (Read 65874 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Is the line a Success?
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Worst. Case assortment. Ever.

Two each of Idol Indy and RPG Indy, but only one bridge Indy? WTF?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Does Hasbro really hate us that badly? 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Does Hasbro really hate us that badly? 

E...

Judging by that case assortment, I'd venture to say yes. Here's what it should've been...

2x Indiana Jones (Torn Shirt)
2x Short Round
2x Mola Ram
2x Temple Guard
1x Chief Temple Guard
1x Willie Scott
1x Colonel Vogel
1x Henry Jones Sr.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2008, 02:01 AM »
You know - when I don't like some of the things they do with the Star Wars line, I usually refer to the line manager Darryl DePriest as Darryl DeRetard.

There is not a word in the English language that I can come up (and not use profanity) that trumps that and still accurately reflects the magnitude of ineptitude that this case assortment represents.

I mean, do they even both to step foot into WalMarts, Targets or TRUs to observe FIRST HAND how their case packs are working?

I'm sorry, but THIS is how this case assortment should have been:

2x ToD Indy
2x Mola Ram
2x Chief Temple Guard
2x Thugee Temple Guard
2x Short Round
2x Willie Scott

And then future cases could have been:

4x Thugee Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram
1x Short Round
1x Willie Scott
1x Chief Temple Guard
1x ToD Indy
1x Colonel Vogel
1x Henry Jones, Sr.
1x Elsa Schneider

There is not a SINGLE rare RotLA or KotCS figure at this point. There just isn't and for a Wave 1 or Wave 2 figure to STILL be shipping in Wave 4 is an absolute disgrace.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2008, 11:25 AM »
You bitchers are just all out of touch.

Kids want their Mutts!  They love him!
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2008, 12:10 PM »
This just sucks. It's like they don't even want the 2009 Raiders wave to have a chance of making it to retail, which I thought it did until this happened. Now I doubt I'll ever see a single ToD figure on the pegs. :'(

Retards. >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2008, 01:44 PM »
I honestly can't believe this. 1x every new ToD figure, and MORE RPG Indys, Idol Indys, and Mutts? I can't think of any G-rated language to describe Hasbro's stupidity so I won't say anything.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2008, 02:10 PM »
The silver linging of the continued presence of Idol Indy is that perhaps he is being painted better now?

I haven't picked up any Indy figures yet, and my collection is likely to only contain an Idol Indy, Henry, and Short Round. I have passed on every Idol Indy I've seen (and yet dutifully look every time I happen to see one in the wild) because of those hideous eye paint jobs.

This should be a revision case, though, not the launch case of a new wave. I feel bad for the die-hard Indy collectors.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Don't feel bad for the die hard collectors, they're already pretty much resolved to the death of this line.  I ordered that hideous case simply because I don't think I'll ever see the ToD wave on the pegs in my area.  That simple.  Yeah, I get a bunch of figures I don't want, but I haven't bought a Mutt and haven't opened my Indy's yet, so I can still take them back, at least for a store credit.  I'm just waiting to see what has better eye paint apps.  But at least in my case I've been leery enough about this line to wait and see what's happening.  I still haven't opened enough figures to send away for a Skeleton yet. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 4, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Talk about frustration.  At Walmart this morning, unopened box of IJ figures.  Asked if I could open it and put them out, no problem. 

Case 40070092G:
1 Ugha Warrior
1 German Soldier
1 Sallah
1 Indy RPG
1 Indy with skull
1 Indy with open shirt/whip
2 Indy with Idol
1 Mutt with snake
1 Indy with machine gun
1 Young Indiana Jones
1 Henry Jones

So it looks like the TLC wave will make it to Canada on trilogo cards, but Vogel/Elsa/Grail Knight will be sold three years down the road in a different case assortment sold to Giant Tiger.   ::)  Honestly, could you screw this up more?  Only three of those figures weren't on the pegs already.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.   >:(

edit, had to fix the case assortment, I had it wrong by one type of Indy.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2008, 04:54 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 9, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Judging by more of the Indy Q and A responses from this last round, it still doesn't sound real great for the line's future.  Hasbro stated several times that it depends on if kids come back for the DVD release, which I see as fairly unlikely.  They were asked point blank about the future too by a few sites, and didn't come off as overly positive in their responses.  It even sounds like the 2nd Raiders wave may be up in the air a bit, depending on retail after the holidays.  There still hasn't been anything new on the pegs here almost since movie time, and although its pricey, I'm glad I have the ToD wave preordered online because I doubt it would make it here at this point.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 9, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Whatta buncha jerks.  I mean come on.  At one store yesterday there were 15 Mutt figures and a Russian Soldier.  That's it.  The kids might be there after all and they probably already bought their Mutt figures.  Both of them. 

The only significant problem with this line right now is ****** case pack ratios.  Period. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Damn you Mutt Williams!

Of course, take it with a grain of salt...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2008, 09:05 PM »
You ****** collectors who didn't get behind the line with enthusiasm.  It's your fault.  You should have built armies of Israelite Garb Belloq and T-shirt Mutt with the gigantic snake.

Shame.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Yep, I should have purchased 12 Mutts.  That would have been the right thing to do.