Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114660 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Earth 6-Pack
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2008, 12:03 PM »
I haven't really kept up with this series, which species is Krayt? Is that the Chagrian?

No he's really A'sharad Hett (the half Tusken/Half Human Jedi)  from the prequel era who lived that long to see this time.

Ruin for everybody why dontcha.  :P

Sorry, I thought by now this was common knowledge. It's been out for awhile and posted here and everywhere else. Hey at least if you haven't read the story, you can go back and find out how it all happened.

Sorry Sal I was just kiddin'
Damn I was wrong on the M&M stormies that I'd predicted earlier in the thread, I thought it'd be good tie in for the FU.  But glad I was wrong this far out ways what I'd expected ESPECIALLY LOVIN' DARTH SQUIDY.  Thanks Mr. Pawlus for all the efforts and contributions that you made to get this set to all of us, pure awesomeness.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack
« Reply #196 on: November 3, 2008, 11:32 AM »
EE is now saying April of next year. When did that happen?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 3, 2008, 04:15 PM »
You get the feeling these figures where created about two hours before being put on display at comic-con?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 3, 2008, 04:23 PM »
You get the feeling these figures where created about two hours before being put on display at comic-con?

If that!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 3, 2008, 05:11 PM »

I'd guess there are some dleays due to production needs for all of the stuff that's coming out over the holidays, but April sure does seem like a long way off.   :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 3, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Could be an April Fool's day joke on us to tie in with the theme of the set?   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 3, 2008, 05:29 PM »
It does take time to actually sculpt the new figures, cast them and get them ready for production. This is a case of Hasbro taking preorders on something they havn't actually created yet. Pretty much the same as an early bird set but without the stickers, display or box. I never preorder anything where I'm charged before shipment. That's just giving the company interest on your money.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 3, 2008, 08:56 PM »
It does take time to actually sculpt the new figures, cast them and get them ready for production. This is a case of Hasbro taking preorders on something they havn't actually created yet. Pretty much the same as an early bird set but without the stickers, display or box. I never preorder anything where I'm charged before shipment. That's just giving the company interest on your money.

Does anyone have a realistic timeline on this?  Seems to me that there were outlines of the figures ages ago, which maybe were something other than what we eventually saw.  But we saw the figures themselves in what, August/September?  That means prototypes were already complete or nearly so.  Not sure that I buy that the usual timeline on figures is 8 months to cast and put into production.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 3, 2008, 09:05 PM »
EE is now saying April of next year. When did that happen?

I'm really hoping that they're delaying them until April so Hasbro can do the comic-accurate helmets with the thinner eyes instead of just slapping OT-era Stormtrooper helmets on them.  After all, they fixed the Mandalorian helmets from the Omega/Clone/Mando sets pretty quickly after those were revealed at SDCC last year, so there is a precedent.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 4, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Bummer. Of all the exclusives, I was looking forward to this set the most.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 4, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I'm really hoping that they're delaying them until April so Hasbro can do the comic-accurate helmets with the thinner eyes instead of just slapping OT-era Stormtrooper helmets on them.  After all, they fixed the Mandalorian helmets from the Omega/Clone/Mando sets pretty quickly after those were revealed at SDCC last year, so there is a precedent.

No plans for any changes to the products at this time-- the production delays are pretty much just simple production delays, due to a variety of reasons I can't go in to, the item will be shipped a smidge later.  Hopefully by then everybody will already have their Cade/Talon and Ganner/Antares sets...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 5, 2008, 12:07 AM »
No plans for any changes to the products at this time-- the production delays are pretty much just simple production delays, due to a variety of reasons I can't go in to, the item will be shipped a smidge later.  Hopefully by then everybody will already have their Cade/Talon and Ganner/Antares sets...

I think most will have their Cade/Talon and Ganner/Antares sets with 6 months of dust on them... :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 5, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I was hoping that the productions delays were related to the production delay on that Ultra articulated Stormie - that the ultra parts were going to be used on Joker Squad.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 5, 2008, 09:49 AM »
We saw these at comic con in july. So we now have to wait nine months for them. Are we sure Adam isn't just giving birth to them?

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 5, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I think most will have their Cade/Talon and Ganner/Antares sets with 6 months of dust on them... :-\

Would you believe I get a steady stream of fans emailing me telling me that they can't find them at retail?  I was surprised, too, but apparently some parts of the US aren't getting the same great comic pack distribution as wherever the heck you and I live.

We saw these at comic con in july. So we now have to wait nine months for them. Are we sure Adam isn't just giving birth to them?

Don't make fun.   Have you tried getting knocked up by someone with the right genes to make *female* Stormtroopers?  Not easy.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News