Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114712 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Got mine and opened it up yesterday. It's a nice set, but I have to say that it bugs me that none of the helmets are designed to fit.

Is the helmet too loose? or to tight?

Too tight.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2009, 04:19 PM »
Why the changes for Darth Maleval's lightwhip from the blue to the black string? Are there plans to correct it to match the original pic or is the black string the final product.

I wish I knew-- Hasbro didn't give us this information.  I'd guess that the factory just made the decision to use black string, as a lot of "why"s tend to be for that reason as of late.

One of the issues I've had with Legacy is concerning just what "correct" is.  For example, if you look at the cover of Star Wars Legacy #4 you will notice that the whip is clearly black.   It seems that it's black when it's "off" and blue when it's "on," so I guess technically either color is, on some level, accurate.

But as Jeff pointed out, it is indeed easy to mod this accessory for pennies if you're so inclined.  A trip to the craft store for about 4-inches of string ought to do it.   That, or you can steal from the first sewing kit you see, which is much cheaper than pennies.

I'm going to wager it's too tight...  Adam Pawlus mentioned one figure's being too tight to fit, but I'd guess the helmets are almost all re-used from other figures (most likely the removable helmet Stormtrooper we got in the last couple years there).

There's "tight fit" and "almost won't fit."  You can get the helmets on all of their heads.  However, Harkas' is so tight that you can tell that the very shape of the helmet is being warped.   The rest basically fit, but when you're recycling tooling (in this case, as you noted, the 2007+ Stormtrooper helmet) this sort comes up once in a while.  Vax is easily the best fit, the rest are a little snug-- but they do fit.   (Plus you can see Hondo's mullet out the back, a fact which I will likely never stop being enamored by.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2009, 02:46 AM »
My question then is, are any of them as bad as the one Mandalorian (the dark/black suited guy) from the Mando sets last year.  The guy with the soul patch I think it was...  His helmet's locked on his head once it's on.  I was highly disappointed with that...  That was the only figure I was pretty upset with out of those packs though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Worse in my opinion. But then again, I didn't have any problem with any of my Mandalorians.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Nice paintjobs on those helmets.  Could they be any worse?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2009, 08:49 PM »
My question then is, are any of them as bad as the one Mandalorian (the dark/black suited guy) from the Mando sets last year.  The guy with the soul patch I think it was...  His helmet's locked on his head once it's on.  I was highly disappointed with that...  That was the only figure I was pretty upset with out of those packs though.

B'arin Apma?  The sample of him I have seems to have a neck peg issue, and they might all be kinda wonky-- the head came off with the helmet.  Had no problem getting it on, and it wasn't too hard to get it off but the head came with it.

I haven't had any problems with the Joker Squad figures' helmets taking the heads off with them, but the fit is tight in many cases.   Not impossibly tight, but tight.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49 PM »
I believe that's him.  The guy in black...  His hair would lock his noggin' in his helmet, and it popped off.  The neck peg is certainly partly to blame but I really feel the head's hair is the main issue ultimately.  Just a bit too much of it.   Definitely disappointed me with that one...  It just wasn't designed well to go with the body/parts they were using I guess.

If the helmets of the Joker Squad guys aren't popping heads off, I'm fine with the helmets being a little snug or slightly deformed.  Be nice to see Hasbro go slightly larger wtih some helmets in the future, but as we've always noted in the 1:18 military figure world:

The figures are the right size.  The vehicles are the right size.  The figures just don't give like a real human would, so you won't fit them in right all the time.

It's a problem with cockpits, seats, and things at times.  That Mandalorian really was annoying though.  I had to pull the head out of the helmet with pliars, and that's just a nuisance on a toy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Nice paintjobs on those helmets.  Could they be any worse?

Lets put it this way - I'm very forgiving, but even I noticed how bad the paint jobs are.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:17 AM by Darth_Anton »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2009, 04:01 AM »
K, so I got my Joker Squad today from a local bud who was kind enough to order for everyone...  For $36, it's "eh".  The price isn't horrible, but the really only interesting figure is the Sith Squid.

The disappointments were:

-softest Imperial blasters ever...  All of mine are warped and horrible.
-Bad helmets...  I'm usually not one to bitch about this, but the helmets warp on every head of every character in the pack.  that is lameness.
-Paintjobs...  They're all clean, and bland.  Hardly anything battle-hardened is implied with these guys.

I'm not a big fan of the Legacy line of EU, but I buy figures from it just because, basically...  For the price, this set is just "eh" to me.  I think if I could get it very cheap, I'd consider a second for just the headsculpts.  They're all fairly decent really.  I also dig the idea of a female Stormtrooper for really no reason at all.

It's by no means even close to perfect, but it's not a bad deal if you can avoid shipping costs by going in on a group order of a case.

That said, this isn't a stellar product...  I'm holding off on the Crucible box set incase I can get it cheaper, and this is one I probably could've waited on too, but really I'll not lose sleep over owning it either.  I just have no idea where I'll put this on my shelf though now.  It really has nothing to go up there with it.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33 PM »
That said, this isn't a stellar product...  I'm holding off on the Crucible box set incase I can get it cheaper, and this is one I probably could've waited on too, but really I'll not lose sleep over owning it either.  I just have no idea where I'll put this on my shelf though now.  It really has nothing to go up there with it.

Jesse, coming from the ghost member that I am I could not agree anymore. (Even the Maleval's red skin was a bit pinkish)

Stay away from the Crucible set, it's one of the biggest turds of the line. I am pondering ditching all of the figures minus there heads, they are great for head swaps and that's about it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Thanks JOT...

Yeah, I'm not digging the Crucible set and I even like the EU it's from.  Go figure...  It was the shite choice of lower body they went with, that makes me want to hold on buying that set.  I figure I've got to fix all of them with some kind of ankle adjustment...  That just bites.

The Joke Squad set is a bit better IMO, but only from sort of an army building standpoint.  And again the helmets are really distorted.  That's rarely something I ever complain about.  A little distortion is understandable to me, but these figure's heads needed either new, larger helmets, or smaller heads...  The Fem Trooper is kind of cool for what it is, the headsculpts are all decent too, and the Sith guy is a nice figure...  It's defnitely superior to the Crucible set, but not by any big margin.   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2009, 04:32 AM »
Interested in picking this set up still, or wanting an extra set?  Well then enter the latest Jedi Defender Give-Away!  Just click the link to get all the details on how you can win the EE Exclusive "Joker Squad" from Star Wars Legacy.  Thanks to everyone who jumps in to have a shot at winning this nice boxed set of figures!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2009, 10:13 AM »
In case anyone still needs it (or wants to army build cheap stormtroopers), Joker Squad is on sale for $19.99 during EE's Black Friday sale.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:16 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2009, 04:01 PM »
In case anyone still needs it (or wants to army build cheap stormtroopers), Joker Squad is on sale for $19.99 during EE's Black Friday sale.

That's a pretty good deal, but you can't beat free. (Thanks again Paul and Jeff!) I might pick up a couple of sets if there is something else that I like on EE.com.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Yeah I finally caved on a couple of these sets - as well as the Power Rangers.  Brilliant marketing move to get free shipping on orders over $59 over there....I guess.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN