Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114640 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Earth 6-Pack
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Would I be on to something if I guessed that this set will contain six rogue characters... perhaps pilots? Maybe a squadron of popular and rebellious characters from both film and EU?

Are you guessing that because the only figure there that cant be identified looks like a pilot...yet one we have never seen before due to his wierd looking mushroom cut hairstyle?

If so that was my guess as well.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I thought we established that the pilot silhouette is Biggs. ???

Would I be on to something if I guessed that this set will contain six rogue characters... perhaps pilots? Maybe a squadron of popular and rebellious characters from both film and EU?

If this does end up being a pilot-themed set, then one of them had better be a half-naked Togruta. >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2008, 11:14 PM »
Well, the good Mr. Pawlus said one figure is part of the set.

It would seem that the Evo trooper is being re-released in The Legacy Collection Basic line. I'd rule this guy out as being included in this set.

As for the Republic Commando and what looks to be a Storm Trooper (EVO Trooper as well, I guess), I cannot help but think that EE would not want to sell Clone Trooper focused sets as exclusives for two consecutive years in a row, especially as one is still available.

Bultar Swan, in that outfit, is way to obscure to be in the set I think, unless the theme is the comic Purge. The hard idea to grasp is that the set would most likely require all-new figures if that were the case.

If Darth Nihlus is included then the theme would most likely be KOTOR. This theme would most likely require most of the figures to be new, and that hasn't really been a trend with the EE exclusive sets.

Now, the last figure is the Rebel Pilot. Can't really tell who it is due to the lack of color, but it's definitely based off of the Vander mold. Now, a Rebel pilot theme seems to make the most sense. Pilots, especially Rogue Squadron, have quite the fan following and demand to warrant figures of the characters. Only one or two figures in the set would have to be all-new, if even that many, and that would fit the precedent set by the Mandolorian Exclusive sets of last year. This seems like the most likely idea because it would be easy to create all-new characters desired by fans, which would lead to many sets being sold.

Mr. Pawlus, might I be on the right track here? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2008, 01:38 AM »
I could see it being pilots since it would be a very low investment for Hasbro to reuse existing molds, but I'm all piloted out...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I'd love a pilot theme. They haven't made nearly enough Yavin pilots.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I would reckon they would take advantage of the new Hoth evo mold as well in this set to have a combination like the astromech sets. Some old molds and some newer. My guess is Red Leader & Wedge Hoth will be part of the pack should they be all pilots.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I'm sure that pilots would be welcome by a lot of collectors, but isn't two Evolution sets of pilots in the same year enough?

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2008, 01:42 PM »
I'm sure that pilots would be welcome by a lot of collectors, but isn't two Evolution sets of pilots in the same year enough?

Yes, BUT only one of the six pilots are from the movies.  So I dont really count those sets.  Dont want to start an EU arguement, not my intent here.  Just to point out that there are MANY movie pilots to be made!

Really, a rogue squadron or just movie pilot set would make my year!!!  Its been a HORRIBLE year for movie product, its been virtually non-existant!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:44 PM by darthjaybay »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Oh now worries at all.  I guess since I have about 20 of the Dutch Vander figure, I just don't need many more orange suited rebels...

Give me a new, fatter Porkins though and I'd be pleased.

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Or use that new Wes jansen mold and give us a Dak and wedge... i would LOVE that!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Just don't mold the damn skull cap to their head  >:(
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2008, 10:36 PM »
There were also many rumour lists at the start of the year that featured rebel pilots, like Pops and red leader, and Hasbro mentioned getting a new Wedge out this year, so this could be the place for some of 'em. Just hope that Dutch sculpt is use on only one or two of them(perfer not at all) and the rest are the evo snowspeeder pilots.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2008, 09:25 AM »

For me, no.

Like a I said, we're woefully behind in the pilot department. I'd be happy with one Yavin, Hoth or Endor pilot per wave for a while. But, that's me.  8)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2008, 05:31 PM »
I was never excited by pilots.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2008, 05:40 PM »
It's funny, since we have mentioned pilots Adam has not responded. Coincidence? ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: