Author Topic: TLC "Shield Generator Assault" Battle Pack  (Read 29441 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Shield Generator Assault" Battle Pack
« Reply #105 on: November 2, 2008, 07:48 AM »
Well I got my second shipping notice for some more of the large order I did through HTS.

I'll be getting the following within a few days:
Star Wars Battle Packs: Shield Generator Assault
General Grievous
Stass Allie
The Clone Wars Battle Packs: B’omarr Monastery Assault

I already got Ahsoka, Cody and all four GH oliday 3-packs.

I just KNEW I'd get these items sooner. The 2 battle packs were not supposed to ship until the middle of Nov. And the two Legacy wv3 figs not until Dec. But I've had enough ordering experience with Hasbro to know differently.

Strangely, the other 4 figs in that wave aren't shipping yet, but I'm not in a rush. I know I'll get them. I haven't seen this wave in stores, and with all the pegwarming in my area, it's quite likely I won't until I'e already received the full order from Hasbro.

I suggest to those who want to save money on these to shop through Hasbrotoyshop.com.

Use the code MDCREW.  IIRC, that saves 20% off your order.

Again due to this, I only paid about $16 per battle pack and $5.60 per figure. To me that's a BIG savings and far offsets the waiting on the order to ship.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline pegger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 2, 2008, 07:58 AM »
When and if they ever decide to Canada - it'll be great.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: November 3, 2008, 12:55 AM »
I got this set today and it's very nice...  It's nicer if it had a 5th figure, as it should, but still $20-ish for 4 figures isn't horrible, especially these days.  I just wish a second officer had been included, and that Hasbro maybe would've gone the extra mile to give the officer(s) some articulation and removable hats.  The knee joints missing are always a downer to me, and I love removable officer caps.

Love the Rebel Scout though, and Han's a nice replacement to the VTSC Han.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2008, 07:53 PM »
I keep passing on this one; if I can get it on sale I may bite.  I'm not a fan of the electricity effects, and I think R2's tools are attached to it rather than him?  I do like the Han headsculpt, but I've had rathered they made the flip-up visor for the Scout rebel (with maybe a better face sculpt too).  Black Imperial's nice though.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 7, 2009, 12:53 PM »
This set finally showed up at TRU in Canada at $29.99.  Saw it for the first time yesterday.  Passed on it at that price point, though I did think it looked ok. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2009, 12:01 PM »
The new Han head sculpt & the Officer are the best part of it. I bought several Hans to replace my other ones including the OTC ANH version. It looks more accurate and more like Harrison "Flying Fridge" Ford. I like consistency among my figures so all of those small heads my Han's once had are long gone. I also uses the Smuggler Lando head on my OTC one because that looks more like Billy-Dee.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2009, 03:37 PM »
This set finally showed up at TRU in Canada at $29.99.  Saw it for the first time yesterday.  Passed on it at that price point, though I did think it looked ok. 

Then go to Kmart $25. I dont know you Canada is the same, but my TRU's has them at $24.  Walmart price up again $23.94, then Target $21 plus, but yes, this pack & hoth are almost extict anywhere.

Get cupons that helps. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2009, 12:38 AM »
No Kmart in Canada.  No Target in Canada.  Walmart here doesn't carry them and my TRU is indeed at the $30 pricepoint.  Still a pass.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.