Author Topic: TLC "Shield Generator Assault" Battle Pack  (Read 29436 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Assault on the Shield Generator" Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2008, 10:25 AM »
This is one of those items that, the more I see it, the more I can't wait.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Same here, I think it's a great job of making new stuff out of old stuff.  I hope that all of Hasbro's battlepacks will be as well put together as this and the Hoth and Yavin sets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 01:59 PM »
I'm loving it too, but it's so inconsequential to do 5 figures that I'm pretty annoyed at the scaling back there.  Especially since it was just basically 2 of the same guy in there.

Still, I love this set, and one of the things I look forward to the most in 2008 is that Yavin Hangar set...  That thing is amazing, but if it's short that tech it'll sting a bit.  Still, good stuff in that set too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 10:56 AM »
I really like this set as well.  Nik is just moving right up collector ladder.  He has his own 12 inch SS figure.  Now a 3 3/4 biker scout disguise figure.  Heck he may even get his own Endor trooper figure next.  Way to go Nik.  You rock! 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Endor Bunker
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Over on Scum, Curto is saying that the second Imperial Officer might be (or is being) bumped to an upcoming, Endor Bunker themed UBP.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 02:06 AM »
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!

As per our front page, a boxed shot of the pack turned up thanks to our spies.  Cool figures, cool set, disappointed that there's only 4 figures though as BP's really rarely cost Hasbro much and so getting screwed over on a 4th figure just simply sucks pee pee.

Clicky TN to see pic!

I love the Officer for what he is...  As a carded fig he'd blow, but as a bp fig he's cool.  Nik Sant kicks much ass, and I dig getting a removable helmet.  I hope we get a nik Sant in rebel commando garb.  Han is Han...  I'll take him.

R2 is cool and innovative to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Nice. Boxed images mean it'll be on the shelves soon.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Very nice set. Still a little disappointed about not getting the 2nd Imperial Officer though. I forget, is the officer we're getting in this set Lt. Renz? If so, very cool. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 11:01 AM »
The switch to four figures is disappointing, but I guess not unexpected any more the way things have been going.  As for those pack itself, I'm pretty excited about it.  I've really liked the OT-based battle packs we've been seeing lately, or will be seeing soon, with the Hoth pack, this one, and the upcoming Yavin one.  Although most of the figures are still just repacks or retools, it seems like they're doing a much better job with the figures included that what we've seen in past years.  Hopefully we'll continue to see the new pieces alongside the figures (like the Yavin pack) as well.  Anyways, looking forward to this one, and it seems like the battle packs are a step up from the past few years.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2008, 01:04 PM »
This is definitely an easy pass for me... so many Battle Packs I've passed on this year.  Hasbro must really not want my money.

If they had done something like this, then I would have handed over $20 to them -

- Scout Trooper Rebel Disguise (already included)
- Imperial Officer (already included)
- Stormtrooper (maybe the Tantive IV version)
- Rebel Officer (SAGA2 version w/ new head sculpt)

The Han and R2 just kill this set for me.  Oh well.  Hopefully kids will want it for Christmas.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2008, 01:15 PM »
This is definitely an easy pass for me... so many Battle Packs I've passed on this year.  Hasbro must really not want my money.

If they had done something like this, then I would have handed over $20 to them -

- Scout Trooper Rebel Disguise (already included)
- Imperial Officer (already included)
- Stormtrooper (maybe the Tantive IV version)
- Rebel Officer (SAGA2 version w/ new head sculpt)

The Han and R2 just kill this set for me.  Oh well.  Hopefully kids will want it for Christmas.

I'm with you on that line up that'd be total army builder heaven.  I don't understand why they can do this with the Joes army builders, but so far all we've gotten really is the BP that came with Ayala, and to some extent the Windu BP.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2008, 01:20 PM »
I think the inclusion of R2-D2 is actually pretty important to this set.  Is it a perfect R2 for this scene?  Ideally, no.  I'd eventually like to see one that looks properly "exploded" with a good deal of the flaps & doors popping open.  This R2 gets about halfway there.  Would that be scene specific?  Sure, but I see scene-specificity as the future of core characters in the basic figure line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2008, 01:24 PM »
I think the inclusion of R2-D2 is actually pretty important to this set. 

Why?  I'd rather see a new Ewok or a Rebel Commando given the potential for a different scene.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2008, 01:43 PM »
I think if they did OT versions of the Battlefront 2 sets as general releases it would cover this pretty well.  Getting a Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, DSG, Imperial Officer and Darktrooper or a new Rebel Fleet Trooper, new Rebel Sniper, repack Vanguard trooper, new Rebel Smuggler (I've suggested before a German from the Indy Sets could be adapted for this), repaint Tarrful and maybe a bothan.  I see huge army building potential here, and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Battlefront the best selling game ever, or sometihng like that?  That would seem to be a huge potential market...
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2008, 01:51 PM »
I think the inclusion of R2-D2 is actually pretty important to this set. 

Why?  I'd rather see a new Ewok or a Rebel Commando given the potential for a different scene.

First, from a pure sales perspective?  Han and R2 are going to help sell this set to the casual buyer.  Mom's and Dad's who are buying for their kids are going to more readily recognize Han & R2.

As for R2's importance to this setting as a whole?  Who was trying to break into the Endor bunker?  It was R2 with Han protecting him.  That gives the set a sense of story, instead of just "good guys vs bad guys".

We know we're getting more Ewoks next year.  Plus the three in the comic packs.  As for an Endor Rebel?  Do you really think that Hasbro would package a really good Endor Rebel into a battle pack?  I don't.  I think they would save a new figure like that for the Basic Figure line.  They'd probably make more money that way since army builders would be more inclined to buy multiples of a basic figure than multiples of battle packs with figures that aren't as well articulated.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback