Author Topic: Indiana Jones Peg Warmers?  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Indiana Jones Peg Warmers?
« Reply #15 on: June 3, 2008, 02:35 AM »
I would say both "Mutt"s are the dogs of this line...

And you guys are seeing Germans on bikes peg warm?  I guess it is regional.  The most seen deluxe for me are the two playset/gimick ones.

Me either...  I've not seen a German on bike in AGES now.  Not in stores anyway.

I don't see the playsets either though...  I see Indy w/Ark, Marion/Henchman, and German 2-pack the most.  All the rest are less common as deluxe go.  As vehicles go, I see NOTHING most of the time.  Saw trucks/Cutters the other day for the first time since launch basically.

For basic figures, definitely Mutt...  Belloq, Sallah, and Swordsman are pretty close on that.  I don't see many Indy's but the whipping one.  I see almost all the other figures (except Raiders Indy) sporadically.  I'd buy a few for customs but don't see them in quantities to do so (to use the $5 coupon).  Bummer.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I've only seen the 4wd car once since launch day.  It was a TRU a couple weeks ago and I didn't pick it up because I assumed my Target and/or WM would have them again.  My Target store hasn't restocked vehicles since the first week and WM hasn't restocked since launch day.

I'm kind of kicking myself right now but next time I see it I'm definitely buying it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2008, 05:01 PM »
Mine either...  Target is blowing at the moment.

I was hoping for 2 more trucks and 2 - 3 more cars.  I really wanted to make one's convertible top work and paint it in some accurate DAK colors.  I was going to paint two to match the Raiders sequence, and I was considering a camo European paintjob for another...  Alas, it's just not getting the play at retail it deserves, and I too was waiting for Target to get some in to save.  Way to go Target. :(

WM has the trucks so I may buy another one there...

If there's been one steady seller in this line, it's the vehicles.  Well, them and the basic Indy figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 3, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I stopped in WM today, first time since last Wed or Thursday and sure enough I missed out on their restock on the vehicles.  There was a truck and Jungle Cutter left but no car.

They also put up a huge 4-sided display in the aisle with bullwhips on one side, Raiders figures on one, Kingdom on another and games on the fourth.  Plus some exclusive Monopoly (is it Monopoly? The one in the wood box) on top.

I picked up two more Cemetary Warriors.  I'm planning on taking the mask off one of them and now I'll have a set of three of them.  I think the Ugha Warrior and Jacketless Mutt are the last two figures I haven't picked up yet. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2008, 01:23 AM »
E, my WM has the same display, and all Indy sections are stocked full. I've seen pretty much every basic figure there, though I think I bought the only Russians they had. WM is definately THE place to buy anything Indy, although the Deluxe figures and Vehicles are hit and miss.

Target sucks... not just with Indy but ALL toys. They must be in a holding pattern until a big reset because they have about 3 action figures from every line. It seriously looks like they haven't restocked any toys since Christmas. TRU isn't any better, they have stuff stocked, but all their action figures are compressed into two small aisles... have to make room for all the baby clothes I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2008, 09:29 AM »
If there's been one steady seller in this line, it's the vehicles.  Well, them and the basic Indy figures.

That's an interesting point/observation Jesse.  It sort of seems that way around here too, and I'm wondering if its because the vehicles sell to a number of people (Indy collectors, "army" collectors, etc.).  Also, with the Indy figures, it seems like I've heard/read a lot of people saying "I'll probably pick up an Indy" when talking about this line - if they aren't going "all in" to it.  I'm wondering how this line is doing at this point, and what the future holds.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 4, 2008, 12:10 PM »
The vehicles haven't shipped in sufficient numbers. 

I think it's that simple.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2008, 03:25 PM »
I was able to make a stop at Target over lunch today, and the Indy stuff was fairly picked over.  No vehicles (as usual), and on the basic pegs they only had jacketless Mutts, Ugha Warrior, Belloq, and the Cairo Swordsman.  There was also one each of Marion and German Soldier.  Not a single basic Indy on the pegs of any kind, which is kind of surprising.  For all of our joking about the army of Indys, they (at least the basic ones) seem to be selling.  They did have deluxe Indys (with Ark, and traps), and that was about it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I hit a few stores over the last week or so, and I didn't see a single (basic) jacketed Indiana Jones figure.  The Super Target we have in town did have a few of the "whip action" ROTLA Indy, and TRU has a few of the rocket launcher KOTCS Indy, but that's about it.  There are still figures on the pegs overall, but they do seem to be selling fairly decently.  Not selling out - but not stacked to the gills either that I have seen.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 02:48 PM »
The only place that I've seen really stocked is Wal-Mart... I'd say they're overstocked actually.

TRU... since their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, I don't think they've even stocked again, or sold much.

Target... never really had much to begin with...

I think the line has done ok, but really would have benefitted from there being another wave at launch... Deluxes and Vehicles seem to be the hottest sellers.