Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2008  (Read 61381 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2008
« Reply #315 on: December 22, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Thanks Matt, I was honestly shocked to get home tonight and hear that I was in striking distance.  I fully expected your team to score about what they did, but I expected about 30 fewer from my guys.

I'm really excited to be playing my arch fantasy sports nemesis here at JD, but I do fully expect him to win.   :-\

I take back what I said on the last page... I'm in 4 leagues, and I have two championship games next week.

This weeks game was the Championship in the other, and I won.   8)

The last league (the Rebelscum league), I came in 5th only to find out that there were only 4 playoff spots.  I won last week, and I won this week in the consolation bracket - lame, lame league set up to only have 5 playoff spots.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:28 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2008, 11:19 AM »

I'm really excited to be playing my arch fantasy sports nemesis here at JD, but I do fully expect him to win.   :-\

The gorilla is back!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:20 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 22, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Shouldn't be >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2008, 04:27 PM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Nice work snatching up Davenport while I was busy driving from Tampa to Dallas.  You win, okay?  We get it.   ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2008, 09:38 AM »
Nice work snatching up Davenport while I was busy driving from Tampa to Dallas.  You win, okay?  We get it.   ::)

You must be kidding.

2 years ago I had the dominant team and won the Super Bowl game.  Last season I had a 20-something point edge over Ryan and got beat by Chris Redman and the at-the-time-little-known-or-accomplished Pierre Thomas.

You want me to take my foot off your neck when you're fielding the likes of Philip Rivers, Tony Gonzalez, Hines Ward and Joseph Addai?

You must be kidding.

Okay I'll stop improving my roster, you know when?  When you bench your team and start nobody.

Yeah I have an edge today in all probability, but it's far from a sure thing and I'm the first to admit it, and if you won't see last year's victory for Ryan as proof.

I'm playing hard till the last snap, and we'll see how this unfolds.

Good luck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2008, 06:09 PM »
You must be kidding.

Yeah, I was.  I'd have done the same thing. 

2 years ago I had the dominant team and won the Super Bowl game.  Last season I had a 20-something point edge over Ryan and got beat by Chris Redman and the at-the-time-little-known-or-accomplished Pierre Thomas.

You want me to take my foot off your neck when you're fielding the likes of Philip Rivers, Tony Gonzalez, Hines Ward and Joseph Addai?

You must be kidding.

Okay I'll stop improving my roster, you know when?  When you bench your team and start nobody.

Yeah I have an edge today in all probability, but it's far from a sure thing and I'm the first to admit it, and if you won't see last year's victory for Ryan as proof.

I'm playing hard till the last snap, and we'll see how this unfolds.

Good luck.

Like I said, I was kidding.  All week I've been 100% convinced that I didn't stand a chance.  No Jacobs, Addai was supposed to play about 10 snaps, Ward and Holmes were supposed to be out, Chad Johnson is out, Lance Moore hasn't caught a TD in about a month...

It's clearly working out for me, but all week I was desperately looking for a starting RB, guessed on the wrong Colts back-up, and was a little annoyed by it. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Congrats Rob...and you guys are luck as hell I wasn't in the Playoffs, my team was scoring 70+ the last 3 weeks.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Congrats Rob...and you guys are luck as hell I wasn't in the Playoffs, my team was scoring 70+ the last 3 weeks.

Thanks Scott!

But for the record, my team scored 88 and 82 the last two weeks and am sitting at 100+ this week with Phillip Rivers still to go, so I think I'd have been alright if you'd been in the tournament.   8)

Although, if the championship game had been last week between these two teams, Dressel would have won.

All of that said, I'm still very open to moving the championship back to week 16 next season.  I've seen the light on that one, even though I'm getting away with it at the moment.  I think we should have the last game while everyone is at full strength.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 06:42 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2008, 08:09 PM »
Congrats Rob.   ;D

I'm all for moving up the playoffs one week, so that the Championship is in week 16 next year as well.

Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Congrats Rob.

And I agree with Matt with regards to moving the championship up one week.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2008, 01:03 AM »
Congrats Rob, an incredible score for the final week :o

I'm also open to moving things up a week, given my dismal showing today ::)  Congrats to chuckles for winning the losers bracket :-X

I think I might have held off Scott and Mikey in another pool to see some gold in the morning.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Congrats Rob, an incredible score for the final week :o

I'm also open to moving things up a week, given my dismal showing today ::)  Congrats to chuckles for winning the losers bracket :-X

I think I might have held off Scott and Mikey in another pool to see some gold in the morning.
You can thank the 49ers for that one ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Well that was an old-fashioned butt whooping.

Congrats Rob.

Even though I was beaten the last 2 years in the Super Bowl, it did provide a lot of excitement being in 3 straight championship games and finishing 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in the past 3 seasons.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Thanks.   :)

I had a pretty strong year this year.  4 leagues, two championships and a second place.  The other was a 5th place finish in a league that only had 4 playoff teams (I'd have done better if I'd been in the playoffs with the 5th seed).  I also came up with a silver in the Salary Cap.

Four new trophies out of 5 leagues.   :)

Now I need to go see how badly my neglected hockey and basketball teams are and if there's anything I can do to salvage them (unlikely).