Author Topic: TLC "Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol" Battle Pack  (Read 26680 times)

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol" Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 02:33 PM »
 :(

That's disappointing, I was looking forward to these. Seemed like a cool set.

lol @ the republic insignia...
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 12:47 PM »
I am comforted.  Now I don't have to worry about buying that set.  It did sound and look cool but need to buy other stuff instead of something just off screen. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Opened this up last night and I have to say, what a disappointment. The kit-bash doesn't work well together (looks awkward,) that speeder bike mold needs to be burned and to top it all off, they put the republic insignia on the bikes instead of the imperial insignia.  ???

Not that Hasbro is bound by the incredible cross-section book, but that kit bash would have been much more effective if they could have done it., bikerscout legs with a modified snowtrooper torso and bikerscout helmet.

In summery, this was one of the sets I was most looking forward to all year and it wound up hating it.

How much was it for your set Ant?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2008, 11:52 PM »
20 bucks plus tax.

Yeah, no clearance. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 11:50 AM »
Saw a pic of these from the comic con section head on view for the first time instead of the side view.  They remind me how Fel looked with his super huge shoulders.  I was REALLY looking forward to these as it's a good idea but the parts just don't meld well.  Might get them though and just use them as custom fodder.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2008, 01:49 PM »
I haven't cracked the box yet, but they look ok to me in the package. The insignia on mine is the imperial insignia that they used on the OTC cardbacks. I'll have to see how the troopers look loose, but so far this is the only thing I picked up today.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 09:25 PM »
I haven't found this set yet. Hmm, so is there a variant then? One with Imperial and one with Republic insignias?

Curious.

Well, I'll look for the Imperial log one. But I'll buy the first one I find regardless, just to have a set.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 12:55 AM »
I found the imperial version today. When I picked it up i was unaware of the variant status, glad i found the imperial version, less to look for.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2008, 10:16 AM »
After cracking them opened, I am not unhappy at all. The gray could have been a little darker to match the saga AT-AT driver a bit better, but I like how they look as EU hoth imperials. And since a regular carded one would be $7.50 to $8.00, the 2 re-painted junk heap speederbikes are a pretty nifty $2.00 accessory.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I found 2 today. Both Republic. I still got them. Just need the Imperial version now.

Once I get the Imp version, I'll look to trade/sell the Republice versions (save one). So that's 3 available.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Wow, two versions. Insane.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2008, 01:05 PM »
I found 2 today. Both Republic. I still got them. Just need the Imperial version now.

Once I get the Imp version, I'll look to trade/sell the Republice versions (save one). So that's 3 available.

If I find the Imperial version (assuming both bikes/troops are identical?), I'd love to trade one Imperial for one Republic.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: August 1, 2008, 11:12 PM »
I assume there is a running change on this set from Republic logo to Imperial logo, thus making the Republic  version "more rare"?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: August 2, 2008, 02:41 AM »
The set is "rare" in general around me.  I've only seen it once...  I seemingly lucked out and bought an IMperial one by accident as I wouldn't really give a hoot on the variant, but honestly I'd probably sell both bikes anyway to recoop some of the cost of the set.  I really only wanted the figures.  WIsh I could custom one to have a friggin' skirt and look more normal. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 2, 2008, 04:04 PM »
I finally saw this set in person last night.  And to be honest, I was more impressed with the Hoth Recon battle pack that was in the same case.  I'll eventually pick this pack up, but it isn't a priority for me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback