Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 61091 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Evolution of the Commandos - I see this one having an ARC Trooper (Advanced Recon Commando), a Republic Commando, and an Endor Rebel Commando.

Or the Shadow Stormtrooper for the 30AC line, and I think it was a TSC fanclub exclusive, right?

I think we might get new sculpts on all of those.  An SA Republic Commando with removable helmet would probably go over reasonably well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2008, 09:20 AM »

Battle Packs

Outer Rim Ambush - I'm drawing a blank on this one.  A guess for me would make this Darth Maul attacking Qui-Gon and Anakin, along with the bloodfin speeder.  Hopefully with the new EVO sculpts on Maul and Qui-Gon.  But seeing how Hasbro did this exact same character lineup in the EPISODE I line Cinema Scenes, I don't know how likely this is.  But it was the only thing for me that fits an ambush...other than Anakin attacking the Tusken Raiders, which doesn't seem like an ambush per se.

Search for R2-D2 - My guess on this one is Luke w/ binoculars & rifle, C-3PO, a Tusken Raider and the Landspeeder

I'm thinking that both of these are going to be Clone Wars-based, given the constant mentions of the Outer Rim in the CW fiction, as well as information in the Clone Wars Visual Guide.  Spoilers abound for the TV series, so be warned:

Outer Rim Ambush:  I'm thinking a repaint of the soon-to-be released animated Padme, Onaconda Farr (Rodian Senator), Jar Jar Binks, and Nute Gunray.  Three figures that would be retail suicide if released on cards individually and a repaint. :)

Search for R2-D2:  Based on the episode described in the CW VG, it will probably have an animated Anakin, the Trandoshan Separatist technician, R2-D2 and "Goldie" (Anakin's "replacement" astromech from when R2 goes missing).

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 12:20 PM »

Battle Packs

Outer Rim Ambush - I'm drawing a blank on this one.  A guess for me would make this Darth Maul attacking Qui-Gon and Anakin, along with the bloodfin speeder.  Hopefully with the new EVO sculpts on Maul and Qui-Gon.  But seeing how Hasbro did this exact same character lineup in the EPISODE I line Cinema Scenes, I don't know how likely this is.  But it was the only thing for me that fits an ambush...other than Anakin attacking the Tusken Raiders, which doesn't seem like an ambush per se.

Search for R2-D2 - My guess on this one is Luke w/ binoculars & rifle, C-3PO, a Tusken Raider and the Landspeeder

I'm thinking that both of these are going to be Clone Wars-based, given the constant mentions of the Outer Rim in the CW fiction, as well as information in the Clone Wars Visual Guide.  Spoilers abound for the TV series, so be warned:

Outer Rim Ambush:  I'm thinking a repaint of the soon-to-be released animated Padme, Onaconda Farr (Rodian Senator), Jar Jar Binks, and Nute Gunray.  Three figures that would be retail suicide if released on cards individually and a repaint. :)

Search for R2-D2:  Based on the episode described in the CW VG, it will probably have an animated Anakin, the Trandoshan Separatist technician, R2-D2 and "Goldie" (Anakin's "replacement" astromech from when R2 goes missing).

Isn't Goldie the B-A-D from the CW wave 1 '09 that we saw in the slide show @ comic con, I think it was Padme, Magna droid, & clone Space Trooper and then the B-A-D.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2008, 11:59 AM »
No, Goldie is just another figure included in the wave. The Clone Wars line doesn't have B-A-D's.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2008, 09:57 AM »
RS has a new rumor list up for vehicles/beasts for both The Legacy Collection and Clone Wars.  Definitely some good stuff on there, but again a real focus on ROTS.  I guess I understand the focus on the prequel era stuff, but I am sort of disappointed with little OT attention here (although most of those ships have been made I guess).  I wouldn't mind seeing some more "re-dos" of the OT ships sprinkled in the line.  Anyways, here's the list (or hit the linky for more), looks pretty good if it holds true:

Clone Turbo Tank (ROTS)
MagnaGuard Fighter (ROTS)
Republic Tank Fighter (Clone Wars)
Confederacy Tank Droid (ROTS)
Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Fighter with Wedge (ANH)

Felucian Gelagrub (ROTS)
Mustafar Lava Flea (ROTS)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Yes please.

Particularly on the tank droid and turbo tank.  Oh hell, and the gelagrub.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:34 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Which Confederacy Tank Droid is that?  The snail looking one we see on Kashyyyk?

I'm excited about the Republic Tank Fighter, though the rest of the rumor list is very interesting...
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I couldn't care less about the Lava Flea, didn't we only see its ass in ROTS? Definitely a shelfwarmer. As for the Gelagrub, cool if done right.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:41 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Clone Turbo Tank (ROTS): Oh hell yes! While it should be MUCH bigger than the AT-TE according to ROTS scale, I'd still be very happy with one the same size or bigger than the AT-TE. If it was about the height of the toy AT-AT, I'd be VERY happy. Put me down for one. If at this scale I see the price betwee $100-150.
MagnaGuard Fighter (ROTS): Not really a "wanted" ship, but I'll get one. It's a decent design. I see this as a $20-40 toy.
Republic Tank Fighter (Clone Wars): I have been wanting this tank for AGES it seems. If it is indeed the TX-130 Sabre-class tank!  THere are repaint opportunities here too. First the red one as that's the most known paint scheme for this tank, then the blue Imperial era one. Then I supposed a "clean" one, that is to say no big color markings, but rather the plastic hull color throughout. (hopefully not a "Shadow" variant as it would be stupid to have a shadow TANK...) I'll get two reds, one blue and one non-color deco. I see this as a $20-30 toy since it's not all that big.
Confederacy Tank Droid (ROTS): I'm all over this one. I like the Snail design. Not really practical, but it FUN! One or two for me. $20-30 for this one as well
Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Fighter with Wedge (ANH): While I'm not really wanting another X-wing, I'll prolly bite on this one. But only if it's the FX scale and not the vintage style scale. $40-50 I'm thinking, though it really should only be $30-35.
Felucian Gelagrub (ROTS): Excellent! I've had a decent enough stand-in for awhile, but an actual toy would be great. Hopefully it lights up from within and glows. Without pack-in rider this should be a $10-15 toy. With fig, add $5.
Mustafar Lava Flea (ROTS): Sure why not. Not high on my list, but I'll get one for certain. Without pack-in rider this should be a $10-15 toy. With fig, add $5.

All in all, I'm happy with this rumor list and hope they all become a reality. Whether or not a couple of them is high on my list doesn't matter, we'd need them at some point, so I'm fine if these come out before some of my other more desired ones, so long as we do get some of those other more desired ships.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:42 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2008, 12:51 PM »
I have no interests in the vehicles and but hope the beasts end up being true.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Soooo...since the beginning of the thread here...RS has rumored the following:

- AT-ST
- Clone Turbo Tank
- E-Wing Starfighter
- Landspeeder
- Sith Starfighter
- Slave I
- Star Destroyer
- TIE Defender
- TIE Fighter
- TIE Interceptor
- X-Wing Fighter
- Rogue Shadow
- Clone Turbo Tank (ROTS)
- MagnaGuard Fighter (ROTS)
- Republic Tank Fighter (Clone Wars)
- Confederacy Tank Droid (ROTS)
- Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Fighter with Wedge (ANH)

Give me a break ::) ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Yeah, it pretty much covers any possible ship that could be made it seems - at least ones from the movies :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Give me a break 

I'm with Scott on this... 

I really don't think every rumor list is coming from Curto's generally reliable sources these days...  I think they're getting wishlists from less reliable sources who name as much as they can, and claim when one or two things come out that they guessed on that they're Hasbro soothsayers.  Hell, Hasbro's not even had time to truly gauge the big ticket item's sales through the holidays yet on things like the Falcon and AT-TE, for them to be hinting at Juggernaughts.

Do I think this stuff gets discussed?  **** yeah...  So does a Death Star playset but that doesn't mean it's happening or even close to happening.  Practically everything gets discussed, that doesn't make it a "rumor" though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Too good to be true, so it probably isn't. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I'm most excited about the x-wing. At the very least, we'll be getting Wedge with a proper helmet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:20 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."