Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 191427 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #495 on: July 21, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I picked up the Republc Fighter Tank and x2 Imperial Knight CP for customs. I am ready for more new stuff! Can't wait to crack open the Tank.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 21, 2009, 02:49 PM »
I picked up the Republc Fighter Tank and x2 Imperial Knight CP for customs. I am ready for more new stuff! Can't wait to crack open the Tank.

Other than it being to clean, I suspect you're going to love it. (Unless you love clean ships, then you're really going to love it.)

I opened one of mine up to briefly view. I don't have a place to set it up for now, and I don't want to ruin the diorama. So, for now it's back in the box until I can break it out again. It's a nice ship though and one I've wanted since I first saw it years ago in the video game.

My only complaint as stated is that the side wings don't pivot up or down. I wonder if I could custom one of these to do that? Hmm, future project maybe.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #497 on: July 21, 2009, 06:13 PM »
I hate clean ships but that is an easy fix. The best SW decos of all time in this SKU, in my opinion, were the TAC Rusty Trade Tank & TAC V-Wing first release.  They looked so good with a ton of detail that has yet to be repeated. They should be the standard especially since some stores charge $25 instead of the intended $20. But with inflation only to get worse and companies squeezed with an insane slew of Taxes with the Carbon BS I expect even less for my money in the near future. I think the Target Aayla Secura starfighter set the crappy precedent since. Look at the V-Torrent, that's as plain as you get. That's why I only own 1, I have x4 TAC Tanks & x2 V-Wings, they are losing sales with me.

TAC still blew away all of the other SW lines in terms of figures, selection & vehicles. Everything since has been a bit ho-hum. (The BMF gets a pass, that's still the gem of my collection.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #498 on: July 21, 2009, 11:53 PM »
I agree about TAC, the selection of figs, the quality level of the figs, and the colorful, character specific cards made that an excelent line.  I might have nicer things to say about Legacy, that is, if I could actually find anything that's ******* new!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Picked up a smiley Luke and Ladder and a Stormtrooper Commanderat SDCC yesterday.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 24, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I finally bit on the AT-TE.  $49.99 was too good a price to pass up, even if it doesn't fit on the shelves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 24, 2009, 10:45 PM »
I finally bit on the AT-TE.  $49.99 was too good a price to pass up, even if it doesn't fit on the shelves.

Same here.  We didn't have any locally, so I ordered from TRU.com and it arrived today.  I don't really have anywhere to put it yet, but like you said, I couldn't pass it up at $49.99.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 24, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Same here.  We didn't have any locally, so I ordered from TRU.com and it arrived today.  I don't really have anywhere to put it yet, but like you said, I couldn't pass it up at $49.99.

Don't forget to buy some tubing - unless they included the updated legs on this new TRU release.  Hasbro gave me the finger on my replacement legs, but sure enough the original two main support legs slide right off like butter without the tubing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 25, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Yep, I'm ready to do that if necessary.   :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #504 on: July 25, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Found the new SL Mynock Chewbacca yesterday.  Very happy as I somehow never managed to get the VOTC Chewie.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Picked up a smiley Luke and Ladder and a Stormtrooper Commanderat SDCC yesterday.

Didn't know you made it down. I picked those up as well. I was a good boy, one of each.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 27, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Just placed an order on HTS for smiley Luke. SW2009 didn't work so I used COMIC2009 and got a dollar off.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 27, 2009, 09:50 PM »

Didn't know you made it down. I picked those up as well. I was a good boy, one of each.

Yeah Anthony, I didn't know I was going for sure until Wednesday night.  How's that for last minute.  I was there for only a few hours just long enough to catch the Hasbro Transformer Panel with my buddy and get through the Hasbro Toy Shop line.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 27, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Picked up the Walmart BAD sets with the buildable Dark Trooper today at Walmart. $17 EACH!!!! OUCH!! What the hell is with that price?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Paul, was that at the CH WM?  I still haven't seen them yet...

Update:  Nevermind, saw your post in the So Cal thread...thanks.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:25 PM by King_Maul »