Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190694 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #720 on: November 15, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Had the biggest day collecting in ages...

entire ANH wave at a Wal-Mart...
ROTJ wave at Target across the street (except for leia...)
and the Dewback and At-St at a Wal-mart later in the day...
Varient Ugnaught at Target later in day...

tons and tons of stuff...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #721 on: November 16, 2009, 06:12 AM »
Found the ANH wave at Target. 

That's good to hear - I still need a MOC Boba Fett repack from this wave along with an opener of the Concept Ki-Adi-Mundi so I can finish off the wave. My WMs are getting the ROTS wave more than the ANH wave, so I hope that I'm able to score both figures soon.

Got ya covered, Pete. ;)
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 16, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Used the Jedi DPCI mind trick to get the Target Big Wing Tie Fighter out of the stockroom today.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 16, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Just received Kit Fisto from the Target 2-packs. Thanks again Jesse! 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #724 on: November 16, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Bought entire ANH wave at K-Mart, and got the Rishi moon (CW) and other battle packs for $19.99.  They had a LOT.  Also their Clone Squad exclusive was $19.99 and it's mostly just army builders plus armored Kenobi.  Not a bad deal there either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 17, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Finally picked up some ANH wave at target. Got a Scanning trooper, R2, Han, Chewie, Ki-Adi and Leesub. Also ordered some more Scanning troopers from Hasbro
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 17, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Expensive day - in addition to picking up some CW stuff, I also grabbed:

1x Gelagrub Patrol BP
1x New Endor BP

and a bunch of Legacy Collection figures I wanted extras of:
Gungan Warrior, Jawa w/Security Droid, Utai, SA Commander Bacarra, Imperial Scanning Trooper

I also picked up the last figure I needed to be all caught up with Legacy Figures through the ROTS wave - Concept Ki-Adi Mundi (yeah!)

Looks like I'm going to need to turn my attention to the Target Exclusive CW battle packs next while still keeping an eye out for more regular issue BPs in the new Red/White packaging...

It would be great for a break, but that's probably not going to come until around Christmas!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 19, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I picked up the SOTE TIE at Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 22, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Kohl's has been insane lately.  I scored everything I wanted from Phantom Menace, New Hope, and ROTS waves this week, finishing up today with some Gungan Warriors.

Depending what hour of the day you're there apparently, they are anywhere from $7.03 to $8.79.

Kinda crazy that Kohl's has been hand's down the best place to find figures in November.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 22, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Crumb Bomber & second gunpod set at TRU today + a few of the final Titaniums at Target for my group.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 22, 2009, 10:36 PM »
I caved in and got the SOTE TIE Fighter at Target today and will probably have to go back and get the CW figure packs.  From the posts above, it sounds like I should start checking my local Khols stores 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 23, 2009, 01:01 AM »
I posted some of my pickups on Friday in a different thread so I won't rehash...but I ran around town this morning for the KMart sale and to see what else was out.  I forgot to go  to Kohls, though.  I blame it on the early morning.

Nothing at KMart but what they had for the last couple of days, which is Legends and Clone Wars.  Nothing at Walmart either.

I did find three ROTJ figures at Target.  Malakili, Panno and the Nikto Guard.  The packages were completely crushed!  I checked all the figs and nothing looked broken but then I remembered to check the droid part and it's a good thing I did.  Malakili and Nikto were fine as they just had the legs.  But the Panno card and bubble were so crushed that it had flattened the dome b-a-d part and it had split down the side. 

Ruined. 

So I left it on the pegs but I did buy the other two.  Wish they would have had Leia and Giran at least.  Don't know if I got beat to them or if they just didn't put them out...they've kind of been putting figs out 3 or 4 or 5 at a time.  Anyway, came home and ordered Panno and Jedi Luke from HTS.com.  Now I'll just need Giran and Leia from that wave, and the B-a-D parts.  Oh, and the grey Ugnaught that's shipping with that wave.  It never ends, and now there are reports of the ESB wave on the West coast? 

Crap.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #732 on: November 23, 2009, 01:59 AM »
I too browsed K-Mart.  I left about 8:30 (I had no idea they opened at 8, that's relatively early for a retail place), and there's 2 on the way to my gf's place so I hit both.

First things first, I stopped at the nearest which is in my town, and I picked up a number of figures including a Scanner tech, random army builders and probably a total of 10 figures today.  The other day (last Monday) I picked up ANH wave at this same store.  I nabbed a couple ROTJ wave hold-overs here too for fodder and stuff.

The Scanner tech made my day, but what came next was the best...  I picked up that ANH wave a week ago and got the whole thing price-adjusted, which I wasn't positive they'd do but they did.  So I got the entire ANH wave for $4.50 a figure, more or less.  That has me giddy at this point, and my first stop made it 100% worth the trip.

Next stop at the next KM down in another town, I'd been here Thursday and they had the entire ROTJ wave but I'd left them hoping (by shuffling stuff around) they'd have them again today rolled around.  Alas most were gone but I got my 2nd Leia finally and a Luke.  I also got more army builders from Legends and repacks from ROTJ.

My gf wanted to give me all this for Christmas too so this all worked out as just self-bought gifts, so I'd not spent anything at this point and was actually ahead of the game because of the price adjustment.

I also returned a battlepack to WM, and stopped into Target to price-adjust two Geonosis 2-packs I bought a couple weeks ago, so I was getting money back left and right today.

People dump on K-Mart a lot, but in some parts of the country they're still actually pretty important to the retail make-up of the area.  Pittsburgh's got a lot of KM's at them.  And steadily since at least 2005 I can attest that KM always has at least one big sale (if not more) a year where I stock up on a LOT of stuff for very little cash. 

Bash away but I still like KM...  They're pretty dead in areas where WM's and Targets are a dime a dozen though, I imagine.  Locally though, they're sometimes the only game in town unless you want to drive 20+ minutes to a WM.

I wish their regular price was competitive with Target and TRU...  I'd be happier with them and stop more often I think, but their battlepacks are basically the same price at this point, and when they're on sale for $19.99 and only KM is getting in new ones it seems, hey I'm in.  Same with this sale...  Locally, KM is the only store that's steadily stocked Legacy the past month at least.  ANH, ROTJ, TPM...  So far only ROTS hasn't been there.  They even have the newest CW figure waves too.  Kudos to them for being able to do something the other retailers seemingly cannot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 23, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I found a lone Jawa with vacuum cleaner droid over the weekend at Target.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 23, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Picked up two more Gelagrub patrols and an opener of the Endor BP this morning before going into work...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!