Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 191619 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #795 on: December 11, 2009, 11:22 PM »
I wish my Target would locate 2 cases of ROTJ in the back.  I still need Giran and the grey Ugnaught from the revision case of ROTJ.

My Target got at least 2 cases of the figures but I never saw the whole wave on the pegs at any one time and never saw the Giran figure at all.  And since WM is on to the ROTS pallet display, I'm guessing they skipped the ROTJ wave alltogether.

One of Hasbro's answers yesterday about this was interesting though; sounds like they held back some product in order to get all the waves into the stores somewhere.  So I don't know if ROTJ will suddenly pop up at WM or ESB at Target, but I'm betting on getting screwed so I won't be disappointed if they don't show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 12, 2009, 09:44 AM »
My Joker Squad sets arrived. Four of 'em.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 12, 2009, 09:57 AM »
My Joker Squad sets arrived. Four of 'em.

I got my sets the other day along with the crummy Power Ranger set - looks worse in person.  sigh...Happy with the Joker sets though for the most part.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 12, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Picked up 4 of the Legacy bogo packs this morning at WM for $7.46 a pop with the $5 coupon.  Mostly army builders...good deal!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #799 on: December 14, 2009, 05:17 AM »
This isn't technically Legacy, nor a purchase, but I thought it would interest everyone in general but largely I'm thinking army builders with this too...

I reviewed a set of stands I got from Marauder Gun-Runner accessory store, and I think some of you guys may find the stands interesting.  Check it out right here!  I know not everyone visits the Other Toys section and wanted to make sure anyone looking for a new way to display their loose collection had seen these because I really am loving them.

My only recent Legacy Purchases, besides the Resurgence in the Force battlepack, has been random army builders cheap at Wal-Mart, so this came at a pretty good time for me since I'm amassing a bigger pile of plastic guys to line up in many rows now, haha.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:18 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 14, 2009, 09:04 AM »
I'm going to have to check those stands out for my Battalion. Maybe they can give me a bulk deal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #801 on: December 14, 2009, 04:12 PM »
It's worth a shot.  One of the cool things though is a simple row of figures lined up and displayed is equally easy to move, run the dust stick, then move them back.  That kind of value alone sold me...  the army building thing though, that was a huge positive for me since a lot of my guys, once displayed, will be in simple straight ranks front to back.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 14, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Found two cases of the ROTJ revision wave at WM tonight so I picked up the Ugnaught and Giran that I needed. That about finishes me for the year.  WM is still running the $6 promo as well.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #803 on: December 18, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Picked up a couple more ROTJ wave from the K-Mart sale, and plan to hit another KM and hope for some scanner techs hanging about.

WM's here are CLOGGED to the gills with all the remainders of those pallets.  Lots of Legends, CW3D, and ROTS wave pegwarmers.  >:(

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 18, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Picked up a Resurgence of the Jedi battle pack this morning on the way to work.

Nice set, hopefully I'll find a second one soon so I can open one of them up!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 18, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Picked up a Resurgence of the Jedi battle pack this morning on the way to work.

Nice set, hopefully I'll find a second one soon so I can open one of them up!

TRU???? or any chance you found it at a different retailer?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 18, 2009, 02:05 PM »
TRU
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 19, 2009, 08:10 PM »
Scored Quinlan Vos/Faie and Luke/Clone Emperor CPs @ $6.99 each at a MARSHALLS! :o I was so shocked to see both packs there! I already have the Luke/Emperor pack, so I bought the one I did at Marshalls for my lil' brother for Christmas. It wouldn't hurt to search your local Marshalls stores for Star Wars products - $6.99 for a CP is quite a steal!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:13 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 20, 2009, 12:24 AM »
Found the Grub, Endor, and Jedi battlepacks today... talk about $80 I didn't want to spend right now.

Good riddance to the battlepack line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 21, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Our local WM had three of the Dewback sets on the shelf, just crammed in there with the rest of the SW stuff (no price label or anything), so I went ahead and picked up my 2nd.  I was shocked to see that they had both the AT-ST and Dewback on the shelves, while having nothing but CW figures on the pegs.